Can't find any .308 anywhere. Help!

Only place I can even find any is CTD and I will not buy from them.

I am checking ammo prices here and here

308 was the first round to go MIA and the hardest to find now of course. If and when this dies down I suggest getting into reloading and components. Doesn't help much now of course but nothing but money or patience will get you out of this mess.

Now I don't know about anyone else but if I needed something as critical as ammo I wouldn't care where it had to be bought, but there are better prices than ctd.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

308 was the first round to go MIA and the hardest to find now of course. If and when this dies down I suggest getting into reloading and components. Doesn't help much now of course but nothing but money or patience will get you out of this mess.

Now I don't know about anyone else but if I needed something as critical as ammo I wouldn't care where it had to be bought, but there are better prices than ctd.

Thanks for the info guys, the search continues......

I'm not out by any means, I just hate to use any of my stash to sight in my new baby if I can't replace it. I also can't bring myself to buy from CTD or pay that much for any. If I was out, I would buy 200 for 299. As it is I will just wait for a bit until it gets sorted. Still kicking myself for passing up on a can of Lake City match in .308 I saw at the last show for .75 a round. Only problem was that it was loose in a can and I didn't know how it had been stored.

I'm not out by any means, I just hate to use any of my stash to sight in my new baby if I can't replace it. I also can't bring myself to buy from CTD or pay that much for any. If I was out, I would buy 200 for 299. As it is I will just wait for a bit until it gets sorted. Still kicking myself for passing up on a can of Lake City match in .308 I saw at the last show for .75 a round. Only problem was that it was loose in a can and I didn't know how it had been stored.

Do you have a bore sighting laser? It will reduce your ammo for sighting purposed by at least 1/2.

Do you have a bore sighting laser? It will reduce your ammo for sighting purposed by at least 1/2.

I don't, but utilize my Dad's from time to time. He has a really nice one and ammo has been cheap enough I didn't care. Good news is some .308 is starting to appear with decent prices. I saw some on one of the sites mentioned here that wasn't too bad. $350 shipped for 500 rounds. Lake City Reman 147 grain. I have hope for the next month and am a patient man.........

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the CMP yet. Thier variety of ammo is limited, even in good times, but they do currently have some of the rounds folks have been requesting, including .22LR (target & match) and .308 (match reloads). There's a few steps for new buyers to get registered, but it's a pretty easy process and there are some good deals to be had.

.22LR Standard Velocity SP CENTURION (Target - Aguila) - $250.00/5000 rnds

.22LR Target Golden Eagle CENTURION (Target - Aguila) - $315.00/5000 rnds

.308 Atomic Ammunition (168gr Match service rifle reloads) - $175.00/200 rnds

http://estore.thecmp.org/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=AMC

Another one I ran across that might appeal to the Saiga .308 crowd is the stuff below at Graf & Sons. I have no experience with it, but the price is attractive and I have to imagine it would help a lot with recoil in the lighter .308 rifles.

MIL-SURP AMMO 7.62x51 112gr FMJ 20/bx - $10.99/bx

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/24770

Edited by FLTF3

this is were I go for 7.62 by 54R..880 rds for $135.00 plus $20.00 shipping

http://www.the-armory.com/

308 ammo here....http://www.the-armory.com/

308 ammo...at The Armory,com

http://www.the-armory.com/

Edited by RichardC1967
No, really WTF is up with 22LR? Did everybody stop making it to do more profitable rounds or something...this is bizarre..

Agreed. I really did not expect the "craze" to affect 22lr. It is hard to find, and what is out there is extremely overpriced. No thanks. I'm good till prices come back to Earth.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense. I went crazy when I first got my M&P 15-22 and bought several thousand rounds. This is back in the glory days when 525 pack of Federal was $16. It will come down again....but until then I am a little more conservative with how many rounds I blow through at one time.

SGAmmo Golden Tiger... Still there.

1000rds $249.99 sold out

200rds $59.99 164 units in stock, limit one per customer per day.

actually I was on this morning. They sold out of everything listed, this is a new listing it appears. So they have a lot in stock but are only listing it 250 units at a time or something to that effect.

I bought 200 this morning and it showed sold out about an hour after. Now they are back in stock. So it appears they are trying their best to make it reasonable for everyone to get at least some ammo.

+1 SGammo...again. Not only not gouging, but they are trying to accommodate everyone.

What I really like is knowing they are apparently getting large lots of GT in.

and they are going really fast lol. again. I figure you have 30 minutes to an hour to get on this if you want some good ammo.

Yeah, I tried to buy some earlier this evening and it was sold out.

Put in for email notification, and 45min later it was back up.

1000 rd cases sold out really quick.

the 200rd lots are almost gone... again.

What's so irritating about this ammo situation is they had years and years to put in massive orders with all the Russian ammo makers. Why weren't there millions of cases of 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .223 and .308 pouring in long before this recent non-sense? And such bulk purchases would keep costs down, too.

Hope they get a lot more Golden Tiger in soon. :)

Edited by Dunedain
  • Like 1