• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

The problem I am having now is finding .22's for less than what it cost to shoot my 7.62! People are paying $80+ a brick around here so all the LGS are getting bought out fast to the people who resale.

SSSSSSSSUCKERS! There's a sucker born every minute!

The problem I am having now is finding .22's for less than what it cost to shoot my 7.62! People are paying $80+ a brick around here so all the LGS are getting bought out fast to the people who resale.

SSSSSSSSUCKERS! There's a sucker born every minute!

I have noticed gun-deals.com has removed 22LR from its search list, now that cant be good.

As for the price of the stuff with 308 going for at least $1 a round I cant see any 22LR going for more than the smallest fraction of that.

$80 a brick? What is that, per 1000 rds?

Now why are they suckers exactly?

Because a little patience repeatedly yields .22lr at $0.06-$0.08 cents per round, for high quality .22lr.

They are suckers for spending double, triple... Hell, quadruple, what it should be going for.

There are retailers who've not significantly raised their prices, and yet they are so desperate and ignorant, they pay any amount asked.

That's a sucker in my book.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Rhodes1968" data-cid="873938" data-time="1362823622"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ChileRelleno" data-cid="873397" data-time="1362714009"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jwl019" data-cid="873394" data-time="1362713835"><p>The problem I am having now is finding .22's for less than what it cost to shoot my 7.62! People are paying $80+ a brick around here so all the LGS are getting bought out fast to the people who resale.</p></blockquote>

SSSSSSSSUCKERS! There's a sucker born every minute!</p></blockquote>

<br />

I have noticed gun-deals.com has removed 22LR from its search list, now that cant be good.<br />

As for the price of the stuff with 308 going for at least $1 a round I cant see any 22LR going for more than the smallest fraction of that.<br />

$80 a brick? What is that, per 1000 rds? <br />

<br />

Now why are they suckers exactly?</p></blockquote>

$80+ is for 500-555 depending on brand! Have seen them go as high as $125 a couple weeks ago.

$80+ is for 500-555 depending on brand! Have seen them go as high as $125 a couple weeks ago.

Seen Winchester 525 sell for $180.00 per box at an online retailer... And it sold fast!

Edited by ChileRelleno

Still much cheaper than 308 by a wide margin, wonder why it took the brunt of this beating.

I can shoot 22LR still but I've ceased on 308 as I don't want to dent my component supply any further.

Because a little patience repeatedly yields .22lr at $0.06-$0.08 cents per round, for high quality .22lr.

They are suckers for spending double, triple... Hell, quadruple, what it should be going for.

There are retailers who've not significantly raised their prices, and yet they are so desperate and ignorant, they pay any amount asked.

That's a sucker in my book.

Ah ok havent seen much of anything locally and online is a desert when I check. If a man is in dire conditions for ammo and believes its now or never well its his money. Frankly I am so patting myself on the back for buying so much last year.

Finally caught some .22 today online at Cabela's! Actually was checking on .40 they had and noticed they had 1,500 rds for $99.99 with storage box, so decided I needed 2. Even though it is the CCI AR stuff, bet my Buckmark won't care. Should be stocked up for a while.

I've been seeing 223 at 0.60 a round from multiple sources. SGAmmo had some. Primary Arms had some. Targetsports had some. It sold fast but I still hope it's a good sign.

I did score some Hornady 223 yesterday at Bass Pro for 0.66/rd. They put it on the shelf just as I was walking into the ammo aisle.

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;

"SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"

Bet they've been like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest since last year, maybe they're taking a break. I think it would be wise to have eyes on that site bright and early March 25th, might see something....

• Like 5

"SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"

Bet they've been like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest since last year, maybe they're taking a break. I think it would be wise to have eyes on that site bright and early March 25th, might see something....

Might? No, we will see a lot of stuff at SGA that morning

• Like 1

Might? No, we will see a lot of stuff at SGA that morning

not only that, but they have nothing to sell right now. i know they've been getting stuff in and its been selling, but i think they've reached a point where its going out alot faster then its coming in= not much work on the shipping receiving side.

thanks again to sgammo and the people here for mentioning them. they are my first choice in ammo sites

thanks again to sgammo and the people here for mentioning them. they are my first choice in ammo sites

Most of my ammo I have bought from SG over the last year. I have gotten over 6k rounds from them in the last 2 months alone.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Chevyman097" data-cid="874901" data-time="1363032266"><p>

You mean 250 rounds for 99.99? No way there were selling .40 for 1500/99$ ALl I see is the 250 roun bulk backs of 40 and no .22 maybe I just missed it.</p></blockquote>

250 rounds of .40 for $99, and 1,500 rds of .22 with storage box for $99 also, it was the CCI tactical AR22 rounds (375 per box). It all went extremely fast. Good thing about Cabelas is $5 shipping for whole order if you have Cabelas card so it helps bring price down overall verses some other places I've seen.

That "Tactical" stuff has just got to be sheer marketing. Doubt it makes any difference what so ever.

On par with making 22LR that is specifically made for a 10/22... err what?

Now if one wanted a real difference that Ely stuff is still around, more than twice the price due to strict specs but that is good ammo.

• Like 1

Today some Rem UMC 55gr popped up at Wholesale Hunter for 0.45 in 200rd packs. I decided to snag one if I could so I hit "Order Case" thinking it was 1 200rd pack. It was 10 200rd packs. I had 2000 rds in my cart for $880.

Now I know I could make $1000 profit on that but I'm just trying to buy some ammo for my shoot in a couple of weeks so I backed out and went to the 20rd boxes and ordered 10. Total of $88. That's more like it. So I clicked through to complete the order and the shipping was going to be $50. For 200rd. 0.25/rd just for shipping.

SGAmmo ships 1k rounds of x39 (way heavier than 223) for $25, including insurance, so don't insult me by trying to charge double that for less weight.

If you want 0.70/rd for your 223 just price it at 0.70. People are buying it at that price so why try to fool people?

I don't need to pay 0.70 for 223 so I just closed the window.

I'm not sure what the shipping would have been on 2k rounds. But if 200 is $50 then 2,000 would be $500.

• Like 1

By happenstance I went to Bass Pro Shop the other day and they had a shelf full of 9mm. I was talking to one of the employees and he said he could not believe it was still there as it was set out the day before. All of the sudden shoppers notice it too and the boxes start disappearing off the shelf. By the time is was leaving, out of the 100 or so boxes only 2 were left, myself holding six . The employee said I should take them and literally put those last two boxes in my arms. Now I had eight boxes at 50 rounds each. Each box was $15.99. Lots of .380 too at $20.99 each. Now a days you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Got a call from my Dad. Bulk packs of 250 rounds each at Walmart. 9mm at $57/pack and .45 auto at $97/box. I got there and what was left: 10 bulk packs of 9mm and looked to be 25 bulk packs of .45 auto. I picked up 3 packs of 9mm UMC Federal . According to the employee this was from an order that was either ordered or was supposed to have been delivered 4 months ago. That and this is the last of the bulk pack Walmart will be getting as the manufactures will not sell bulk packs in the future. Is this fact ? I do not know.

My daughter forgot her flashlight as it got dark out on our road tour around Flathead Lake. She gets a little scared of the dark so we had to (moms orders) stop at the beast, WalMart. My wife stayed in the car with the kids and I ran in as fast as I could to pick up a specific rayovac pen light in blue that helps my daughter feel confident in the dark. Thank G-d they had it!

As I walked back to the check out counter, I noticed an AR style .22 rifle. Wow! They still have them things? So I looked at ammo. All of it was pretty much sold out. A man was buying some bulk 225 round .22 ammo at the counter. I thought he was taking the whole box so I asked the clerk if he had more. He said this is it and you can only buy three at a time.

The gentleman in front of me paid with what looked like a corporate walmart card with a photo of a tractor trailer on it. We both purchased three boxes of this golden hollowpoint stuff. His price was 26 something and my total was 29.91. I paid 9.97 for 225 rounds of .22 and they weren't sealed RWS target rounds either!

I was unaware that walmart gave associates discounts on ammunition. It sure seemed like it was the driver who just delivered the ammunition who was purchasing it from the store after he unloaded.

Anyway, I guess you can expect some inside trading when it's difficult to find cheap .22!

The wife was happy that I got the flashlight, as was my daughter. She didn't even notice the bag O ammo!

Score for the whole family.

But still..... Fuck WalMart....

Edited by Stryker0946