• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

I got the email from SGAmmo that 22lr was in stock. I clicked over and ordered 2 bricks and just as I was hitting submit (I mean literally AS I WAS HITTING THE BUTTON) my laptop died. The plug just comes out sometimes and if I'm not looking at the screen when it flashes the low battery warning I don't know it's dying.

I plugged it in as fast as I could but it wouldn't recover. Had to do a cold boot.

You guessed it. Out of stock.

It took great self control not to throw my laptop through the wall.

Edited by Darth Saigus

LOL... Twice today I was going to order some 9mm HP, got turned around to deal with a kid or what not, turn back around and it was gone... Mere minutes.

I just placed orders for... .9mm HP for myself, .38spc LRN target ammo for Momma Bear and .357mag SJHP for Momma Bear's SHTF stash.

Actually it turned out they had several different kinds of 22lr and I was able to get 2 bricks of the 30gr Aguila. I was trying for the 40gr but at this point I'll take it.

The SGAmmo website is seriously bogged down. They must have sent out a buttload of emails and dudes are flooding the website.

• Like 1

Hit a more obscure Walmart here in San Antonio and found .380 auto ! Haven't seen this caliber in over 2 months. 8 boxes, 50 rounds in each box for $17.95 each. .380 MAXX by Tula but they are brass cased, 95 grain, and manufactured in Italy. I picked up 2 boxes. The Walmart guy said this is the first day he's seen these. Also several boxes of Tula STEEL cased .223 @ $5.99/box, a couple of Winchester .223 boxes @ $22+ a box, a few boxes of 45 Auto. I then headed over to Nagle's Gun Shop which normally has high mark ups , today was no different . 5.56 penetrator @ $20/ box, 1 box limit . Another brand of 5.56 at $24 or $29 a box BUT no limit and there was alot. I noticed alot of .308 on the shelves and some but not much .22 long. The last box of CCI 100 round .22 long was going for $38!

Edited by ARCHANGEL

Natchez has these Aguila 22LRs too but at $ .13 a round I passed;

http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=AU&prodID=AU1B222321&prodTitle=Aguila%20.22%20LR%2040gr%20Interceptor%20HP%2050/box

Squishy - you have turned me on to some good finds. Thanks!

The only way I was able to see this stuff before it got gone was to sit here with windows open to these pages constantly refreshing them and, Gunbot.net. Sometimes when it shows up on Gunbot and you go to the page it's gone already.

Natchez seems to be out of 22LR for now but if you need some and have the time I'd go to this page;

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentId=ammoGroup&ammoGroup=4&searchBy=size&ammoSize=196&category=3&outOfStock=0&orderBy=

And just keep refreshing it. They seem to be the most active today in putting up new stuff.

Edited by Squishy

Local walmart had wolf 7.62x39 for $6 a box. No .223. I asked the guy stocking at Meijer and he said the government won't let their distribution center send any out. He didn't have on a tinfoil hat, but I have a tough time believing that. Can anyone confirm?

If the gov is curtailing ammo supplies that is a big deal. I wouldn't put it past the current regime and it does seem to be the kind of thing that can be done on the down low. I'm not saying they are doing this but when you have unethical, dishonest people with no respect for the constitution in charge of things it's not that much of a stretch.

• Like 1

I work at Gander now even though I hate their prices, they just treat their part time employees way too good for me to pass it up.

But anyway, you can't go 5 minutes in the store without being asked about 9mm, .22, and .223.

This is pretty much constant for the 12 hours they are open, 7 days a week.

I'm positive its like this for most employees in the industry. My guess is, if you hear an off the wall story about supply, its just some guy trying to get people to stop asking.

Supply is simply strained due to demand.

• Like 1