• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

Wideners has IMI 1200 round case IMI 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT Ammunition $689.00

Really good ammo. I ordered a case. I was tempted to order 2 but decided to let others have some.

I'd post a link but not a sponsor...

Man that server is almost ready to bite the big one, word must be out.

Naw pass on that stuff, nice to have that option aint it.

Man that server is almost ready to bite the big one, word must be out.

Naw pass on that stuff, nice to have that option aint it.

I found a lot of ammo today, but it was all more than I will pay. I have enough to need more but not need it that bad.

Supply is finally starting to catch up with demand... wink.png

Supply is better. Supply of blasting ammo is still short. People are paying 0.80 a round for Wolf 223 ferkrisake. Wolf x39 is still 0.35. I just paid 0.60 a round for IMI 5.56mm which is still too much.

Oh yeah, it's still way too high, but it is catching up. Once the Russian and European ammo plants that are now running 24/7 start to flood the country, on top of our own 4+ billion rounds per month, it should improve fairly quickly. smile.png

Cops just emptied one billion into a house in Boston haha.gif

• Like 2

I got a couple hundred 5.56 for 45 cents per round. I found some 7.62x51 = .308 for $36 per 50. I don't know if there's a limit or what not. If you need it I can run by there tomorrow. Won't charge you anything. You need to set up and pay UPS. In other words... I'll get it. you pay me face value and don't make me have to do anything more than put your address on a box. Shoot me a PM and I"ll be happy to help out whoever I can dictated by whatever limit the gun shot has on this ammo.

Stopped in to Wal Mart today and they had a shit ton of Winchester 5.56. Too bad it was $12 and change for a 20 round box. I told the dude there that I'd wait for that stupid happy face to come "roll back" the price on it. They had a bunch of 9mm as well. Can't remember what brand, but it was around $15 for 50. Dude also told me he had a bunch of cheaper 5.56 and 45 yesterday. Story of my life, haha...

• 3 weeks later...

Well ladies and gents it's been about 7 months since ammo first started to get scarce and prices are still around $.60-$1.00 a round in most places for 62 grain .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 is still a PITA to find. Man this is getting old. If our hunches are correct about ammo companies filling the orders of the government first, then they are no better than any gun or magazine manufacturers being OK with just selling to LEO and giving the people the shaft.

End rant/

My LGS handed out an assfucking as I suspected they would. I walked out when the bastards would only sell me two boxes. Long story.

Then I'm fukin around on the puter and had gunbot running and see some ammo come up at Natchez. It was Herters 223 for $8.?? per box. Limit 5. I thought what the hell I'll grab 100 rounds. So I go through all the BS and get ready to check out and the ammo was $43. Then the shipping for 5 little boxes of ammo was 20 fuckin dollars. So they can keep their shit too.

It was a rough ammo day for me. Luckily I got the 900 rounds of 22lr or this day would have really sucked.

Stuff is coming around. Local sporting store #1 has a limit of 1 box per, on bricks of .22 ammo for $22!!!! Local store #2 is selling bricks of .22 for $50 each......

I still have around 10,000 rounds of .22 and sold around 1,000 rounds lately at the price I paid for it 3 years ago, to help the desperate shooters around here. Never had a problem with finding .223 V-max for $25 per 50 round box and my favorite Hornady 30-06 ammo through all of this......I know where to shop!! The Hornady ammo is $31 per 20 round box in 30-06.

Hint: if you have any "Ranch Supply" type of stores near you, try them. Ours never ran dry, just put a 2 box limit, at the same old prices! I just bring the Lovely Lady and we get 4 boxes.

• Like 1

Cabella's has had .223 all day. Not worth it to me to get only 100 rounds. May be worth it to one of you guys though so I'm passin it on.

It's Herters for .35 per rd.

Edited by Big John!

Our local Scheel's has had a ton in for the last few weeks. Lots of .308 and .223 of various types and prices. They had .22lr but that did sell out. They had a bunch left today. Woohoo for local brick and mortar.

What's the best way to ship ammo, or is the only way UPS?

A friend in Reno is having a hard time finding .40 and I see it sitting a little longer at wally world and I'm trying to get it to him no mark up + shipping. Trying to figure out the best way to do that.

What's the best way to ship ammo, or is the only way UPS?

A friend in Reno is having a hard time finding .40 and I see it sitting a little longer at wally world and I'm trying to get it to him no mark up + shipping. Trying to figure out the best way to do that.

The only way I know of is UPS. It's actually pretty easy. You can call and arrange pickup. Or... You can take it to a UPS facility. You can NOT take it to one of the UPS stores though. They won't take it. If you have it picked up, have the weight for the package ready before you call for a pickup. They will need that. If you call 24 hrs. or more before your pickup it will save you $$$. There was like an $8 pickup fee, which was worth it to me as the nearest UPS facility wasn't worth my time and gas for $8. You can also have them have the driver bring you the necessary forms or you can pick those up at a UPS store.

You will also have to label it at on at least one side with...

Cartridges, Small Arms

ORM-D

UPS haz-mat said I could do this with a sharpie if I wanted to. I opted to print them off an image like this and used two.

ORM-D.jpg

I had ammo shipped from a friend in CA that ended up being around a dollar per pound. Cost me $66 for a 63 LB package. This price included the pickup charge. YMMV.

I think that about covers it. If you have any other questions call UPS Haz-mat for the most accurate shipping info.

PS... A single ammo package can not weigh more than 68LBS.

Also, if you call for pickup, it was my experience to not say shit about it being ammo. Different reps. for whatever reason don't seem to know anything about shipping ammo and will tell you they don't do it. Trust me on this one. They are as dumb there as any other retail type place you deal with.

• Like 1