By another:

The ammo situation is getting desperate

This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.
On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead
gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice,

"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in a
trade of sex for ammo?"

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded......"Well, just
what kind of ammo have you got to trade?"

• Like 7
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

I was in Maine today. Stopped by the Kittery Trading Post with the wife and they had a ton of spam cans of 5.45. Problem was they were at $249.99, not exactly the type of price I would be willing to buy anything I don't have a gun for yet, but if it keeps getting pricier, may be a good buy.......x54r was at $70 over what I bought a spam can in September (now $180) and not Circle 10 stuff either. Tip for anyone in the North East beer.gif

RWS RUAG 45ACP, ever use it? My understanding is that RWS is a German company that makes a dizzying array of hunting rounds but their site doesn't list 45ACP. RWS RUAG is made in Hungary evidently under license.

Ever use it?

I was in Maine today. Stopped by the Kittery Trading Post with the wife and they had a ton of spam cans of 5.45. Problem was they were at $249.99, not exactly the type of price I would be willing to buy anything I don't have a gun for yet, but if it keeps getting pricier, may be a good buy.......x54r was at $70 over what I bought a spam can in September (now $180) and not Circle 10 stuff either. Tip for anyone in the North East beer.gif

J&G sales or SGammo

I went to a gun show yesterday and they were asking $1150 1k of M855! I looked the dude in the eye, laughed and walked away.

Remember when a gun show used to be a decent place to go to find a bargain? Now there's just a bunch of assholes with over priced crap. If you want to buy a gun (at least in CO) watch the local gun shops. I used to consider most of the gun shops here overpriced. Now, they are underselling armslist on a lot of items. I don't even look at gungobroker any more. I can't afford to open their web page.

J&G sales or SGammo

No online ammo orders in MA, or I would have been ordering from them
Edited by VR6Shooter

And it's back again.

SOLD OUT

SGAmmo has M193 Prvi Partizan. 200rd lots only. 5 per customer. $140

0.70/rd isn't the worst I've seen but still painful. I have to pass since I've already spent $2,000 on ammo this month.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Yeah, its unreal what people are paying for it, .30-.40 per round is not unusual right now, frikking crazy!

I've a couple of .22 shoots coming up.

And while I've more than enough for those shoots, I sure do wish I could find some to buy at a reasonable price, so as not to dip into my primary stash.

I'm down to a measly 5K+ rounds. scorn.gif

This one guy comes into Gander every week, and buys AR's from us. Average to slightly overpriced for most of our stuff. He said he has made $40k off of us already. Luckily he has an FFL so he is legal to do that. But my mind cannot grasp the who, how, and why people are paying for this stuff.

This one guy comes into Gander every week, and buys AR's from us. Average to slightly overpriced for most of our stuff. He said he has made $40k off of us already. Luckily he has an FFL so he is legal to do that. But my mind cannot grasp the who, how, and why people are paying for this stuff.

That is probably why some places have limits on how much you can buy. It seems that people are starting to slow down on the panic buying. I have seen 12 guage 100rd bulk sit in Wal-Mart for three days and counting. Maybe it's on a downward swing now.

Hey guys, In case anyone missed Mach1's posting, they are now a distributor and have some Wolf ammo in stock and ready to ship:

We just got in some Wolf Ammo and are taking orders now.

Email kerryk@mach1arsenal.com to place an order.

7.62x39 Polyformance 123 grain FMJ 1000 rounds per case- $325 + $30.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

.308 Military Classic 145 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $300 + $25.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

.223 Polyformance 55 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $230 + $25.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

9mm Military Classic 115 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $170.00 + $20.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

Hey guys, In case anyone missed Mach1's posting, they are now a distributor and have some Wolf ammo in stock and ready to ship:

We just got in some Wolf Ammo and are taking orders now.

Email kerryk@mach1arsenal.com to place an order.

7.62x39 Polyformance 123 grain FMJ 1000 rounds per case- $325 + $30.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

.308 Military Classic 145 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $300 + $25.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

.223 Polyformance 55 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $230 + $25.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

9mm Military Classic 115 grain FMJ 500 rounds per case- $170.00 + $20.00 shipping (no credit card fees)

Although someone will probably buy this stuff, those prices are pretty high. I know where pmags are instock, but only because they are so expensive they will not sell.

I agree but unfortunately "pretty high" seems to be a relative term these days. Even reloading costs are now unbelievable if you can find supplies. Please let me know where I can buy .223 for cheaper than .40 cents a round, and .308 for cheaper than .60 cents a round without a time machine.

• Like 1

Geez Louise I feel like I just won the lottery. I've been using Gunbot.net for days trying to find some relatively cheap 22LR in stock with no luck. A couple of times I went away from the computer only to come back and find that it came and went.

I've also been keeping the 22LR page up at SGAmmo with auto refresh. I was looking at this board and just by luck, strictly coincidence I clicked on the SGAmmo tab and DAMN! They had some in stock. So I scramble to get my wallet and as fast as I could put it in my cart and go through the check out process it was all gone.

Gunbot beeps when a new "in stock" listing comes up and I noticed the beeps after I was already on the SGAmmo page. If I'd relied on Gunbot alone I'd have missed it most likely.

I ended up with 3,500 rounds of CCI Blazer 40gr. Actually I meant to get 2,500 CCI and 1,000 Remington hollow point but I was in such a hurry I screwed up and got CCI both times.

Damn, to go through this just to get 22LR...I'd have never thunk it.

Oh, and if I'm accused of hording or screwing other gunners out of ammo, I ended up with half the limit and this stuff will be for shooting, practicing with my P220 22LR conversion. This will be about the only stuff I can afford to shoot.

Edited by Squishy
I agree but unfortunately "pretty high" seems to be a relative term these days. Even reloading costs are now unbelievable if you can find supplies. Please let me know where I can buy .223 for cheaper than .40 cents a round, and .308 for cheaper than .60 cents a round without a time machine.

Relative, sure, and prices are already relatively dropping. Tapco mags are down to $9, good retailers like SGAmmo are selling for near-pre-panic pricing. Greedy SOBs are going to be sitting on a LOT of stuff if they dont clear it out before the panic that they preyed on subsides.

• Like 1

All gunbot is good for is pissing me off.

Even email notification from stores is worthless. I was on midway 2 weeks ago and noticed dogtowns were in stock so I ordered 2k. Maybe an hour later I got their email notification that the bullets were available. So for the hell of it I went to the site,.......... and they were gone.

Shit sells fast. Have to be at the right place at the right time.

I don't know about pissing me off... It just made me happy bad_smile.gif

I've been trying to find any good .22lr with a copper plated nose, to shoot for a March Appleseed Shoot.

Wasn't wanting to dip into my stash, which while its not low, I like having some on hand.

Thanks to Gunbot I just found the following at PSA and was able to get an order in.

My first time using Gunbot.

CCI Mini Mag .22LR 36gr Copper Plated HP 100ct , 20 boxes, $159.80 Subtotal, Shipping & Handling $11.00, Grand Total $170.80

Thank you, Palmetto State Armory

Edited by ChileRelleno

Lucked out and our local Scheels got 9mm and .22lr. Good price too. 100 bulk 9 for $30 and 500 22lr for $30. :). We bought our allotment. They still had some left. They had .223 and 7.62 x 51 but a $1 or more per round so we passed. They have a crap ton of .40 and some .45 they have had for over 2 weeks. If you are remotely local to Sioux Falls, that is the hot spot.

Edited by jwulf