New Saiga 1st range shoot (Pre-Conversion) W/Pics!

Went today to shoot for the 1st time.

I used 3 different types of ammunition, 20 rounds of each.

- Remington Premier Nitro, 1300vFPS, 1 1/8, 7 1/2 Shot

- Winchester Super X High Brass, 1330 FPS, 1 1/4, 5 Shot

- Winchester AA Super Sport, 1300 FPS, 1 1/8, 8 Shot

Everything shot great, except 2 in a row of the AA in the middle of the second mag didn't eject fully. They started ejecting again after that though.

This was with the APG 10 round mag, worked great.

I added the Chaos Titan Rail before even firing it, but I did not have my Eotech on at the time, just used the magpul AR sights, which actually worked really well.

The trigger doesn't even feel so terrible, but I will be ordering a Red Star Arms FCG next, so I will get to feel the difference soon enough.

20130108_154213_zps6bcb45f8.jpg

20130108_160940_zps0ac082b0.jpg

20130108_160930_zps15838456.jpg

20130108_160914_zps88e5d67f.jpg

20130108_160841_zps646627d6.jpg

20130108_160900_zpsc4b0c25d.jpg

Congrats and the cheap Wincester bulk ammo give most everyone problems so no need to worry there. Definately want to get that FCG installed to make it 922R compliant! technically it is illegal to use anything over a 5 round magazine untill it is converted. In years past no one ever really checked but that could change very soon. welcome to the forum and you do realize that you will have to change that stock when you move the FCG forward?

I agree with misterT your shotgun is working well and getting a better fire control group (FCG) will help. You super tactical clothes on that Saiga 12 are not as important but I'm sure will scare an intruder or looter into running away from your house. So it has a nice deterrent factor going on.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="misterT" data-cid="842897" data-time="1357686758"><p>

Congrats and the cheap Wincester bulk ammo give most everyone problems so no need to worry there. Definately want to get that FCG installed to make it 922R compliant! technically it is illegal to use anything over a 5 round magazine untill it is converted. In years past no one ever really checked but that could change very soon. welcome to the forum and you do realize that you will have to change that stock when you move the FCG forward?</p></blockquote>

Mr T I believe the OP is 922 compliant as long as he uses American made high cap mags in his gun as pictured.

I agree with misterT your shotgun is working well and getting a better fire control group (FCG) will help. You super tactical clothes on that Saiga 12 are not as important but I'm sure will scare an intruder or looter into running away from your house. So it has a nice deterrent factor going on.

All the tactical stuff i just switched from the AR. I have plenty of money to do the other stuff, just need to get around to ordering it. I didn't specifically buy all that stuff for this gun except the rail and stock.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="misterT" data-cid="842897" data-time="1357686758"><p>

Congrats and the cheap Wincester bulk ammo give most everyone problems so no need to worry there. Definately want to get that FCG installed to make it 922R compliant! technically it is illegal to use anything over a 5 round magazine untill it is converted. In years past no one ever really checked but that could change very soon. welcome to the forum and you do realize that you will have to change that stock when you move the FCG forward?</p></blockquote>

Mr T I believe the OP is 922 compliant as long as he uses American made high cap mags in his gun as pictured.

Pistol Grip, Stock, Magazine Body, Floorplate, Follower, and handguard makes it legal, no?

Congrats and the cheap Wincester bulk ammo give most everyone problems so no need to worry there. Definately want to get that FCG installed to make it 922R compliant! technically it is illegal to use anything over a 5 round magazine untill it is converted. In years past no one ever really checked but that could change very soon. welcome to the forum and you do realize that you will have to change that stock when you move the FCG forward?

Yeah I realize the stock will become obsolete very fast. It was kind of a quick buy at the gun store, I might see if I can return it.

All the tactical stuff i just switched from the AR. I have plenty of money to do the other stuff, just need to get around to ordering it. I didn't specifically buy all that stuff for this gun except the rail and stock.

That is what I thought when I saw the 1st picture. I said to myself that's a Saiga 16 or a hybrid. Hey, I am not making fun of it, if it works use it. Everybody has their own tastes and the AR-15 looks are temporary as you said. For me I keep things simple because I'm not so smart and I don't have a lot of money.

The main thing is that you enjoy the Shotgun and it is useful for serious work boxing.gif .

Edited by sweetcostarica

Take a look in saiga 12 section at the picture post thread and see what you like, there a lots of aluminum skelaton stocks, folding stocks, collapsible stocks. Just be wary of plastic folding stocks unless the folding mechanism is metal, they can be a bit loose. keep in mind any AK stock can be made to work on these the dimensions are very close between all of them.

• 2 weeks later...