Magpul Pmags 1 million backordered

I just heard on the radio that the owner of Magpul said they have over a million pmags backordered.

In a quick internet search I don't find the quote but I have NO problem believing it.

Im sure they arent the only ones.

Question is....are the molds running? If your business could be closed, INSTANTLY and any time, with the stroke of an anti-gun presidents pen...would you start throwing money away on making more mags? If Obama stops standard cap mag sales at the wrong time, magpul could be sitting on several million un-sellable mags.

How many other manufacturers are asking the same thing? Especially the smaller ones, that dont have the resources to fight the govt in court.

I can see both sides but a company like magpul I would be trying to make as much a I can , I can't imagine it would cost them more then a dollar a mag and I'm sure they will sell whatever they get out there . If they end up with bunch left it would be considered a loss come tax time .

They can always sell the leftovers to government agencies.

I can see both sides but a company like magpul I would be trying to make as much a I can , I can't imagine it would cost them more then a dollar a mag and I'm sure they will sell whatever they get out there . If they end up with bunch left it would be considered a loss come tax time .

Or UN peacekeepers.

Or UN peacekeepers.

OR they'd run them over with carbon neutral tanks and recycle the bits into green friendly clothing.

• Like 1
Im sure they arent the only ones.Question is....are the molds running? If your business could be closed, INSTANTLY and any time, with the stroke of an anti-gun presidents pen...would you start throwing money away on making more mags? If Obama stops standard cap mag sales at the wrong time, magpul could be sitting on several million un-sellable mags.How many other manufacturers are asking the same thing? Especially the smaller ones, that dont have the resources to fight the govt in court.

All buisiness decisions are based on risk in one form or another. I would hope that as long as the world keeps turning we all proceed as if it will continue.

• Like 1
Im sure they arent the only ones.

Question is....are the molds running? If your business could be closed, INSTANTLY and any time, with the stroke of an anti-gun presidents pen...would you start throwing money away on making more mags? If Obama stops standard cap mag sales at the wrong time, magpul could be sitting on several million un-sellable mags.

How many other manufacturers are asking the same thing? Especially the smaller ones, that dont have the resources to fight the govt in court.

Heres a thought!

If theres a grandfathered exemption, just get something to imprint a date stamp with "Made on xx/xx/xxxx". Youll get to sell em if a ban hits and if not, theyll most likelly become collectors items. Were suckers for something no one else has lol. If you gotta hire people from off the streets to do it. Have em make commission at 10 cents/magazine or something. Cheap as chips!

Magpul has very little risk of being stuck with a ton of backstock. They are backordered - that means as soon as mags are ready to ship, they're already sold, and shipping, likely to distributors (not sure if Magpul does direct sales). They'll have plenty of notice, as implementation of a new law is never immediate.

• Like 1
The only thing I would worry about now is quality control in high pressure demand situations like this. I have worked in the production industry before and seen when the pressure is on to get that product out the door quickly things start to get over looked.

With such simple devices, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

If my mags ever ship I certainly won't send them back for QC work...

You would be surprised what could be f'd up with plastics!

I have used Magpul mags for years and trust them more than USGI mags although Magpul followers greatly help them. Magpul stands behind their products and is passionate about making things right if something breaks. Some of those backordered mags are mine BTW. Found a Christmas Eve special on them, $10 for non-windowed versions. laugh.png

• Like 1

Magpul says Midway gets a large amount of their production, and their website says expected in stock on the 31st.

Also saw this on Facebook, and thought it was funny.

John Furman How many Pmags a day are you guys producing? As well, is there any truth to the rumor going around that you are just shipping out black windowless ones now?
Magpul Industries Corp. To the first question, all of them. To the second, we are shipping primarily black, but we are shipping all varieties of GEN M2 window and non-window, as well as 20 rounders.

John Furman Thanks for the answer, however I was looking for a number lol

Magpul Industries Corp. Sorry, we don't even tell our mothers how many mags we make.

• Like 1