magazine or gun

I just got back from shooting my s12 I have a promag 20rd drum and a sgm 10rd. Both are new

Both of them were not feeding worth a poppy gun has only been fired approximately 50 times never with these mags until today. The bolt was stopping at the shell not advancing it to the chamber. Do I need to do more filing on the sIde of the mag? They were remington sluggers

Hard to diagnose without seeing.. but,

Did you mod the S12 like put in lower power field load recoil spring set?

Does it happen with the stock mag?

Are the round easilly stripped from the promag drum / SGM mag by hand after?

Does it happen everytime or say only when the mag is say topped off, etc?

What is preventing fwd motion? Can you just foreward assist with you palm on the charging handle or do you have to pull the mag each time?

We need more details, is it converted? if so did it function good before conversion? did you have the gas regulator on the proper setting for high brass? does it feed well with the stock mag ( promags are known for problems) some of my new SGM mags seemed to feed slow they will work better after getting "broke in" You can take the gas regulator out and check the ports to make sure they are all clear. Every one of these works better if you spend some time profiling and polishing the bolt/carrier and the FCG.

It is converted. Gas ports were opened up all parts beside conversion parts are stock. I had it set on 1 because it wasnt ejecting shells all the way on 2. Stock mag worked well previously I didn't take it today. When the bolt comes forward the round gets bound up and does not come off the ramp right. Rounds are hard to load and unload out of drum mags easier but still a Lily bit of trouble loading and unloading.

It functioned very well before the conversion and after with the factory mag

Thanks

Sounds to me like you need to open (or align) gas ports slightly if slugs are barely ejecting..

Other than that, it sound like the mags need broke in.. Next time you shoot it rule out the gun with the OEM mag because you said it worked fine. Guns are like engines, too many mods (variables) at once and it becomes harder to diagnose.

It is converted. Gas ports were opened up all parts beside conversion parts are stock. I had it set on 1 because it wasnt ejecting shells all the way on 2. Stock mag worked well previously I didn't take it today. When the bolt comes forward the round gets bound up and does not come off the ramp right. Rounds are hard to load and unload out of drum mags easier but still a Lily bit of trouble loading and unloading.

It functioned very well before the conversion and after with the factory mag

Thanks

If you are topping off the mag and then cramming the magazine in or loading it on a closed bolt, sometimes it will deform the top four or five shells. Also, when I first got mine it would not eject on the proper setting either however after a couple of hundred rounds it was working better on the proper settings. It does fine now on setting two with our reduced recoil stuff.

Go in there and load up a fresh mag of new shells, open the bolt, load it, then rack them all thru manually and see if they are all buttery smooth chambering.

Edited by kingjason

It has been converted but has the hammer been profiled and polished? Profiling ang polishing makes a big difference, by reducing the friction the gun cycles much better which means it will feed the shells in too. Do as search on here and take a look at what other have done

Do you have the same issue with factory five?

How about with hot loads? If it cycles the high brass fine, then you need to go through the gas/friction routine as listed in my sig.

If not, you may have some alignment issues. Do a google search for MD 20 fitting, and you will find very clear instructions on how to fit a magazine.

In either case, be methodical, do the steps in order and take your time. It is always easier to check twice than to put material back.

It's a tromex modified trigger group. I got the instructions to modify the drum but I didn't know if I Took a little more down on the sides if it would raise the round a little higher for easier feeding when I say sides I mean the part that touches the bottom of the receiver

I guess I will just go shoot the bejesus out of it and worry about it later

Thanks

I just got back from shooting my s12 I have a promag 20rd drum and a sgm 10rd. Both are new

Both of them were not feeding worth a poppy gun has only been fired approximately 50 times never with these mags until today. The bolt was stopping at the shell not advancing it to the chamber. Do I need to do more filing on the sIde of the mag? They were remington sluggers

Buy mags ....Thats what there going after.

Buy mags ....Thats what there going after.

Ummm. He is talking about which would be causing malfunctions in his particular gun. Not which to buy first because of a possible ban.