Washington Man Attacked by Coyotes Near Elementary School

A Washington man was attacked Friday by three coyotes while he took his dog for a walk near an elementary school in the town of Kent, which is south of Seattle, Q13fox.com reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/02/washington-man-attacked-by-coyotes-near-elementary-school/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2HgbCYMOB

Shit, it must be time to outlaw coyotes now too.

Schools should be coyote free and these coyotes should be put through psychological counseling to rehabilitate them. Rabble! Rabble! Rah Rah Rah!

haha.gif

• Like 1

My wife walks around with my bro and sis in laws dogs all the time. Makes me wish shed carry on those walks. We have a large coyote community around where I live. With very little food for them to eat....... Like an attack waiting to happen

Edited by VR6Shooter

Even though Kent is "south of Seattle" it gets pretty rural. Parts of Kent and its suburbs start to get up into the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Seattle as a city is pretty small and everywhere outside if it is basically forest land. I'm about 20 miles SW of Seattle as the crow flies, but parts of where I live can look like Alaska.

The house I just bought has black bear, coyote, possibly cougar. I have a mile-long wooded trail through my property that I haven't walked yet, and a game trail coming up out of the woods and across part of my lawn. It'll be interesting to see what I find.

On the plus side, even though it's a little over 2 acres, several of the neighbors shoot. I enjoyed the first shots off my back deck this morning.

2lbib2c.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

A couple of years ago in late November or maybe December, I went for a moonlight snow hike on white pass area, which could be described as (3.5 hours) SE of Seattle, since people in Seattle and the rest of the country seem to think that is the only reference point in the state.

Anyway, I went with two guys and a house dog. We were walking in high country sage/ up to above the tree line. Coyotes were calling around us. Nothing special there, but the interesting thing was how close and how many there were. A few of them seemed to be within a few hundred yards of us, and surrounding. We think there were more than 40 based on the locations of the calls and answers. The guy I was hiking with did this kind of thing all the time, and had never heard so many at once. This was an abnormally large # of coyotes. I was a bit concerned that the dog might chivvy them and run back to us, but we were fortunate. The coyotes never came close, but you could tell they were aware of our presence. The close by ones would not answer if we were moving, but would if we stayed still for a while.I was very glad to be packing a pistol with a CTC laser grip. Knowing I wasn't helpless let me enjoy the situation rather than worry. With the light fog, snow and moon it was quite dark, but the laser could illuminate a target easily out to about a hundred yards enough to tell what you are aiming at clearly. A flashlight would have reflected off of the fog and blinded us. The laser paid for itself right there as far as I am concerned.

We've always had 'em here. Almost lost a cat to them, but I guess she was a good fighter. My Grandfather would just.....I know it sounds crazy these days, but he would Give me the .222 rifle and tell me to go get 'em!!! Of course I was already 12, and instructed on safe use of firearms.

Imagine what a modern politician, say, from N.Y. would think of that!!! A 12 year old responsible enough to use a "High powered Asault Sniper Rifle!!!". No Way!! Gotta be a licenced 21yr old at least right? (stop rant)

Anyway, it was a good time. We get some big ones, but with Wolves around you don't see the Coyotes so much these days.

This problem is so easily resolved, it's ridiculous.

All we need is another tax (on greedy workers) to provide food for these poor, unfortunate animals. If the coyotes weren't needy, they wouldn't consider us a food source in the first place. If we feed them, then they'll leave us alone and do more fun stuff. Like procreate. Once that happens the tax will need to be raised, of course. That way their offspring will procreate too, rather than eating us.

While this may sound like the beginning of a vicious cycle, that's silly too. The coyotes will eventually learn to self regulate their needs, just like human recipients of largess have. Even if that takes a while, no worries, the BEP printing presses, http://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/theproductionprocess.html are easily up to the task of providing sufficient funds for this noble effort.

We've always had 'em here. Almost lost a cat to them, but I guess she was a good fighter. My Grandfather would just.....I know it sounds crazy these days, but he would Give me the .222 rifle and tell me to go get 'em!!! Of course I was already 12, and instructed on safe use of firearms.

Imagine what a modern politician, say, from N.Y. would think of that!!! A 12 year old responsible enough to use a "High powered Asault Sniper Rifle!!!". No Way!! Gotta be a licenced 21yr old at least right? (stop rant)

Anyway, it was a good time. We get some big ones, but with Wolves around you don't see the Coyotes so much these days.

One of my most prized possessions is my grandfather's Marlin bolt action .22 that he bought from Sears in the early 30s, when he was ~15...

My Dad refinished the stock when he was in his early teens....

It's a worthless gun in terms of money, but I plan to hand it down again.

• Like 1