I'm starting to see new prices posted...dang

Thats disappointing to see from JGsales to say the least. I was always a big shopper there.

Saiga sporters for 699 and 799? They cant be going up that much from the supplier.

can any vendors chime in on the price of these? if you dont mind. If its imposing I understand completely.

I just may have to ask JG to remove me from their mailing list. mad.gif

People will just never understand a free market.

If JG was selling these for say $499, guess what would happen? Someone would buy them all up and simply put them on Gun Broker and sell them for $1000. It is not the fault of JG for what has happened to the prices, demand is high and supply is low. What this does is allows for the people who want the guns(the people who are willing to pay the most) the most to get them.

I also likke how everyone bitches about these dealers and acts like they would do things differently, what a joke!

• Like 3

If i had Bill Gates money I would buy 10,000 of each and flood the market with them for $1 each to drive prices down! We all know that is BS but it sounded good you are absolutely right, people are bitching about prices going up 10%-15% and saying it is price gouging. In this market with all that is going on that is still a bargain bitching about paying $1150 for a VEPR that had a preorder price of $999. Try buyin that one somewhere else and how many people will buy on for the $1150 and turn around and list it on gub broker for a profit, now THAT IS price gouging!

People will just never understand a free market.

If JG was selling these for say $499, guess what would happen? Someone would buy them all up and simply put them on Gun Broker and sell them for $1000. It is not the fault of JG for what has happened to the prices, demand is high and supply is low. What this does is allows for the people who want the guns(the people who are willing to pay the most) the most to get them.

I also likke how everyone bitches about these dealers and acts like they would do things differently, what a joke!

I understand a free market completely. You seem to not understand free will. I can choose to not support any business for any reason.

And I havent seen anyone bitching. There is simply people giving their own opinions. Welcome to America.

What I find even funnier than the people "bitching" is the people that cant help but "bitch" about the "bitching". Funny how that works.

Free market. And I would get used to it, I think this panic permanently added a good 30% to all prices. Once things calm down prices will drop a good bit but we are never going to see $400 Saigas again.

Honestly, if things pass over and there is no "omg ban" and imports continue, my guess is the prices will return to normal.

If there is some sort of import restrictions, then yes, prices will go up of course.

Edited by Chevyman097
Free market. And I would get used to it, I think this panic permanently added a good 30% to all prices. Once things calm down prices will drop a good bit but we are never going to see $400 Saigas again.

30%?

Classic Firearms last sale price of the Tantal was 429.99 (now 999.99 J&G) & the Saiga 5.45x39 399.99 (now 799.99 J&G)

Prices have more than doubled in some cases.

Disclaimer - I understand how the free market operates. Thank you!

Edited by Venia
Don't solely blame them. Their supplier quite possibly raised their prices.

Absolutely not, I only make reference to J&G to notate the increase in prices for the industry as I'm sure when Classic Firearms gets their stock in it will be equally priced. Think of it as a before and after picture or reference point...that's all.

Edited by Venia
Don't solely blame them. Their supplier quite possibly raised their prices.

Absolutely not, I only make reference to J&G to notate the increase in prices for the industry as I'm sure when Classic Firearms gets their stock in it will be equally priced. Think of it as a before and after picture or reference point...that's all.

Thats why Im curious to hear from a supplier or one of the vendors. I wonder if there is actually any coming in right now. These could still be from the last shipment. The shipments seem to come in pretty slow. Hence the 2-3 "omg russian factory is closing down" threads every year.

There are only so many containers of guns coming into customs at one time. From any one country to so many importers.. There are hundreds of distributors trying to buy all they can cause they sold out and they don't know if or when the next container well be released. Knowing that they have to raise price to ensure they can survive this panic induced dry spell.it's the few trying to feed the many.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

I really feel for the dancers arriving late to the party. I was certain Klintoon was going to be President the first go round, I started my shopping then. Hopefully we will get a small reprieve from this mess that we can see more inventory. I can only hope.

Tell you a little story about the gun business. The out of stock does not really mean out of stock. I saw the amd65 listed on their site two days before a gun show in Phoenix for $450 with 65+ instock. The day before the gun show they were listed out of stock. At they gun show they were at the booth with one on the table and saying instock with a nice little price increase. Now why would I pay 1k for a century from jg when you could get a sgl from k-var with far better quality?

Every time I've looked, JG was more expensive than other vendors. I bought my Yugo underfolder from AIM for $100 less than JG in 2010...

$505, shipped and transferred! I should hit the gun show and add a 0. It looks extra scary now!!

post-33185-0-72427000-1357949455_thumb.jpg

post-33185-0-94699800-1357949466_thumb.jpg

• Like 1