What do you guys think Good Business practice or not Now on V12

So got on a backorder list with a vendor for Vepr-12's at $999plus applicable tax and shipping with the sales pitch if I get one before theirs come in I can cancel with no loss . The vendor took credit card info to do an initial hold for the $999. amount but would not charge the credit card till it ships! The vendor gets the Vepr's in and sends me a letter that other vendors are charging more so if I want my backordered Vepr-12 I need to pay 149. more . The original order did not specify the price would be variable to supply & demand.

In today's climate is this OK and cool or Not cool !?

I puposefully did not list the Vendor's name as I did not qwant to violate any rules

Just thought i would see how other peeps felt about it

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that they should honor the price.They did not say that their costs went up, just that the competion was selling for a higher price point and we are ajusting our price by $149.99. Seems to me

Id have told the dude to go get fucked. Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

Arms of America   Needs to do the honorable thing and refund the $149.00, plus tax as a show of good faith. Anything less will cost them business.

Up to you. His cost didn't change. He just wants to soak you for another$149.00 That's nuts. If it were me, I'd tell him to gouge someone else.

If you have a written price, that's a contract. Breach of contract is a crime.

In some states, PA being one of them, a verbal contract has the weight of Law.

It won't break any rules to post his name.

Edited by patriot

If I wanted it I would cough up the extra $150. Crazy times are here and that is not like Dick's accepting payment and refusing to deliver. Maybe their price went up and maybe not. 15% increase to me becomes "I want it" or "I don't want it". I wouldn't waste any time being angry. YMMV

No matter what, you never shop with them again and let them know this. They may or may not be telling the truth about THEIR cost, but they should not let you pre-order then. It's really up to you if you order or wait for other dealers. I know who it is too. :D

Edited by bigj480
  • Like 1

I think they are screwing you and its poor business practice.

If you want a vepr 12 that bad you may have to fork it over. Its cheaper than some are selling for.

But after you get it. call and tell them to shove it and never do business with them again.

• Like 2

Horrible business practice, and you should inform the vendor that the original, contracted price WILL be honored, or they will be reamed by the better business bureau, and you will pursue legal action.

Ohhh, we agreed to a price, but, that market is suddenly higher, so, never mind, give us some extra money.

Response: FUCK YOU!

• Like 2

First, get it.

Sucks I know, but don't sweat the small 15% stuff. With one stroke of Obama's pen the imports can be stopped cold. When that happens the Vepr and the like will be unobtanium until an import ban is lifted...If ever.

Bitch later.

Edited by Thor's Hammer

I did send the vendoe a note informing him I had been promoting his address for Vepr Preorders and Mags for Vepr 12 but i guess that did not matter .

He did offer to possibly honor the backorder price on tghe neaxt batch if I wanted to gamble that !

I decided to go ahead and pay the 149 more as I did not want to miss the Vepr-12 chance . One sold on GB started at 1300 and went for 2200. Another sold for 1759 the next day so is the crazy market . I did wait to post until the gun got shipped !

Thanks for the input fellas!!

Get the gun if you want, I would bring suit against them in small claims court for breach of contract. You may not win but you will get their attention. Interesting how some vendors are reputable and some are not. A prudent vendor would place a clause in their fine print saying that hey could raise their price if needed based on their cost on arrival.

Edited by Dr Robert Neville
  • Like 1

This was posted on another forum from someone having the same problem and it sounds like the same vendor.

A _ _ _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ _ _

Has any body been able to get ahold of these guys?

I ordered a VEPR 12 online and the price they authorized on my cc was $999. This was on the 4th. I sent them the FFL info that same day.

A few days later, I rcv'd this:

We are told the VEPR 12's will arrive this week so we wanted to update everyone on the situation. They are being sold by our competitors at 1,200 - 1,300 range and we are going to offer them up to people that got on our waiting list early for 1,149.00. If you are in CA we charge you an extra 40.00 on top of that to install a Solar Tactical lock. Anyone that added them to the cart while the item said on back order was not charged because of the uncertainty of things. If you want to wait things out and see if there is a future shipment that comes in we can keep you down and contact you if more arrive and try to fill the order for 999.99 like they were on the last shipment. We have no knowledge of a future shipment but assuming a ban does not come down soon we very well could get another batch and possibly fill orders at a cheaper price. We did not get as many as we needed so we are going to fill orders by the date they were placed starting with people who sent their FFL's into us first come first serve.

We have more people on our mailing list then we have VEPR's for so we can't give any extras to anyone. If you are alright with the total we need you to send an email that says " I agree to pay 1,149.00 plus the shipping that was calculated on my order and include your order #" - California customers need to agree to 1189.00. We will then charge and ship your order out. If your FFL has not sent us their license I urge you to call them and have them email it to this email or fax it to 623-298-5062 and write your order number on it as well. We have been so busy that we are only keeping our phone lines open on Thursday and Friday and even our sales staff is packing the thousands of orders that have came in over the last 3 weeks. If you need to reach us please email us and thanks for your patience during these crazy times.

Thanks,

Ya, I'm waiting to hear back on any email I sent them, I don't know if they are completely overwhelmed or what, but it really sucks being stuck in this position, I don't know when or if my VEPR will ship, they still have not gotten back to me whether or not my FFL was received by them! what they should do in the mean time is just shut down their website and stop taking orders, focus on the current group of customers, get that squared away, and open later, it worked for carolina shooter's supplies!

This was posted on another forum from someone having the same problem and it sounds like the same vendor. A _ _ _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ _ _ Has any body been able to get ahold of these guys? I ordered a VEPR 12 online and the price they authorized on my cc was $999. This was on the 4th. I sent them the FFL info that same day. A few days later, I rcv'd this: We are told the VEPR 12's will arrive this week so we wanted to update everyone on the situation. They are being sold by our competitors at 1,200 - 1,300 range and we are going to offer them up to people that got on our waiting list early for 1,149.00. If you are in CA we charge you an extra 40.00 on top of that to install a Solar Tactical lock. Anyone that added them to the cart while the item said on back order was not charged because of the uncertainty of things. If you want to wait things out and see if there is a future shipment that comes in we can keep you down and contact you if more arrive and try to fill the order for 999.99 like they were on the last shipment. We have no knowledge of a future shipment but assuming a ban does not come down soon we very well could get another batch and possibly fill orders at a cheaper price. We did not get as many as we needed so we are going to fill orders by the date they were placed starting with people who sent their FFL's into us first come first serve. We have more people on our mailing list then we have VEPR's for so we can't give any extras to anyone. If you are alright with the total we need you to send an email that says " I agree to pay 1,149.00 plus the shipping that was calculated on my order and include your order #" - California customers need to agree to 1189.00. We will then charge and ship your order out. If your FFL has not sent us their license I urge you to call them and have them email it to this email or fax it to 623-298-5062 and write your order number on it as well. We have been so busy that we are only keeping our phone lines open on Thursday and Friday and even our sales staff is packing the thousands of orders that have came in over the last 3 weeks. If you need to reach us please email us and thanks for your patience during these crazy times. Thanks,

I had to re -read my letter from them and it clearly stated that" They are being sold by our competitors at 1200-1300 range and we are going to offer them up to people that got on our waiting list early for 1149.00" . So this means no one got the original price they preordered or backordered for of $999. They also said in the letter " If you are alright with the total we need you to send an email that says I agree to pay 1149.00 plus shipping etc". We did have the oppertunity to back out or wait for another batch that may or might come in . The attitude seems to be split 50/50 on OK or not !

This was posted on another forum from someone having the same problem and it sounds like the same vendor. A _ _ _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ _ _ Has any body been able to get ahold of these guys? I ordered a VEPR 12 online and the price they authorized on my cc was $999. This was on the 4th. I sent them the FFL info that same day. A few days later, I rcv'd this: We are told the VEPR 12's will arrive this week so we wanted to update everyone on the situation. They are being sold by our competitors at 1,200 - 1,300 range and we are going to offer them up to people that got on our waiting list early for 1,149.00. If you are in CA we charge you an extra 40.00 on top of that to install a Solar Tactical lock. Anyone that added them to the cart while the item said on back order was not charged because of the uncertainty of things. If you want to wait things out and see if there is a future shipment that comes in we can keep you down and contact you if more arrive and try to fill the order for 999.99 like they were on the last shipment. We have no knowledge of a future shipment but assuming a ban does not come down soon we very well could get another batch and possibly fill orders at a cheaper price. We did not get as many as we needed so we are going to fill orders by the date they were placed starting with people who sent their FFL's into us first come first serve. We have more people on our mailing list then we have VEPR's for so we can't give any extras to anyone. If you are alright with the total we need you to send an email that says " I agree to pay 1,149.00 plus the shipping that was calculated on my order and include your order #" - California customers need to agree to 1189.00. We will then charge and ship your order out. If your FFL has not sent us their license I urge you to call them and have them email it to this email or fax it to 623-298-5062 and write your order number on it as well. We have been so busy that we are only keeping our phone lines open on Thursday and Friday and even our sales staff is packing the thousands of orders that have came in over the last 3 weeks. If you need to reach us please email us and thanks for your patience during these crazy times. Thanks,

I had to re -read my letter from them and it clearly stated that" They are being sold by our competitors at 1200-1300 range and we are going to offer them up to people that got on our waiting list early for 1149.00" . So this means no one got the original price they preordered or backordered for of $999. They also said in the letter " If you are alright with the total we need you to send an email that says I agree to pay 1149.00 plus shipping etc". We did have the oppertunity to back out or wait for another batch that may or might come in . The attitude seems to be split 50/50 on OK or not !

Translation. We offered a pre order for a said price, but in the mean time our competitors raised the price. So we are fucking you in the ass. Get over it because we dont care what you think.

You guys can free market all day long, yadda, yadda, yadda. But there is a difference in free market and taking advantage.

Remember one thing. The guy you over charge today, may be the man you have to stand beside to defend your freedom tomorrow and people remember. When your guard is down the guy standing beside you may remember that you charged him an extra hundy because your competitors price was up and you saw the extra buck in your pocket. FFT

• Like 2
Get the gun if you want, I would bring suit against them in small claims court for breach of contract. You may not win but you will get their attention. Interesting how some vendors are reputable and some are not. A prudent vendor would place a clause in their fine print saying that hey could raise their price if needed based on their cost on arrival.

Oh, B.S.! Sue them? You are on the wrong side in MHO. Sue them? Really? That's wrong on so many levels! Buy it or don't!

Oh, B.S.! Sue them? You are on the wrong side in MHO. Sue them? Really? That's wrong on so many levels! Buy it or don't!

If they entered into a contract and or offered a product for X price and OP took them up on that offer they should be obligated to honor that.

OP relied upon those representations and presumably ceased his negotiations with others in the market based upon those representations.

OP may have missed several other opportunities as a result.

• Like 1

If they entered into a contract and or offered a product for X price and OP took them up on that offer they should be obligated to honor that.

OP relied upon those representations and presumably ceased his negotiations with others in the market based upon those representations.

Point taken. Other side of the coin is contained in the original post which said, "So got on a backorder list with a vendor for Vepr-12's at $999plus applicable tax and shipping with the sales pitch if I get one before theirs come in I can cancel with no loss"

He could cancel with no loss. If he had found a better deal, I am sure he would have availed himself of it. As it is, "I got them, here's what I want, do you still want it?". Makes sense to me as a non-lawyer.

Edited by 1911

Point taken. Other side of the coin is contained in the original post which said, "So got on a backorder list with a vendor for Vepr-12's at $999plus applicable tax and shipping with the sales pitch if I get one before theirs come in I can cancel with no loss"

He could cancel with no loss. If he had found a better deal, I am sure he would have availed himself of it. As it is, "I got them, here's what I want, do you still want it?". Makes sense to me as a non-lawyer.

Writing a contract that is favorable to the customer does not give the seller the right to renege on it.

• Like 1

Ashtray Guy,

Yea suing them might be BS, but is it anymore BS than them not honoring a contract? The point would not be to get $149 out of them, because it will be way more work than it is worth to sue them. The point would be to tell them that we expect them to do business honorably, I bet they are figuring that out now if they monitor this forum.

It worries me that Arms of Americia is either not savy enough to write a preorder sales contract that protects them if their suppliers increase the price, which is what they should have done and would have been fair. Even more worrysome is if they are so fricking greedy they will screw us by raising the price when their costs are not higher.

Long story made real short is I am not doing business with a company that would lie to us, would you?

PS According to www.BBB.org, A of A does not have an "A" rating, In the words of Bill Engvall "Here's Our Sign"

I guess my biggest beef with this deal is I promoted them as they were one of the few that were taking backorders and they had a load of mags in that not many had at the time ! In an effort to help some of my pals here and other gunsites looking for Vepr's and mags . I felt responsible to alert what was going on .

In full disclosure the original back order was placed December 27 in the middle of this gun panic not 3 months ago.