What do you guys think Good Business practice or not Now on V12

I think that they should honor the price.They did not say that their costs went up, just that the competion was selling for a higher price point and we are ajusting our price by $149.99. Seems to me the whole idea of the preorder is to get one at a "Nailed down" price when they come in . The seller is just trying to make a few extra bucks.

I am all for making $ , it just is unethical in this case when the gun was preordered at the price of $999.99.

They are not honoring their word plain and simple. Purchase one from someone else that is honorable.

Just my .02

• Like 3
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that they should honor the price.They did not say that their costs went up, just that the competion was selling for a higher price point and we are ajusting our price by $149.99. Seems to me

Id have told the dude to go get fucked. Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

Arms of America   Needs to do the honorable thing and refund the $149.00, plus tax as a show of good faith. Anything less will cost them business.

If their price didn't go up I suppose you guys are rightly incensed. I am thinking about MAA who sold Glock 50rd drums for $90 when they were supposed to retail for $80 on the first batch. We were told that the price would increase about $10 on the second batch due to the manufacturer missing their mark on cost. The second batch is open to pre-order for $125.00 and not the original $90. Ammo has gone nuts on price. I paid $90.00 a case for 7.62x25 a year ago and J&G Sales is selling the same thing for $395.00 a case. I suppose,bottom line, I am not sure who to be angry with and don't want to waste my time being pissed. If I want it, I buy at the price offered. If they are gouging as CTD did in 2007 then I never do business with them again. Same thing here i suppose. I think I'm gonna go find something happy to think about. LOL You might inform Arms of America of this discussion with a link. Who knows, they might repent. :)

One of he things I don't get about this whole thing is, A of A and others say they are swamped with "thousands" of orders but they are out of stock on most everything. What the heck are they shipping thousands of if the shelves are empty?

Double kudos to CSS! I ordered some VEPR mags last week and they already have arrived.

Edited by Dr Robert Neville
Double kudos to CSS! I ordered some VEPR mags last week and they already have arrived.

I also did that, but the magazines are waiting for a VEPR-12 from Arms of America... if anybody finds an affordable alternative in the interm can they please contact the dudes in this thread?

Edited by MAKAK47

Looking at their website the first thing written on there is that prices are subject to change and it sounds like the item was backordered not pre ordered? Meaning that the prices could then change. At least they wrote you and asked if you wanted it and didn't just charge you for it. Also, it still looks a lot cheaper than a lot of the places out there. If you don't want to pay the price then don't pay it plain and simple, but with the "panic" I'd say just suck it up. It also says they are not charging any cards until the gun ships, so there would be no real legal action you could take, not to mention it would cost you more than 150 to do so anyways.

From the home page of the site....

ATTENTION: ALL CUSTOMERS DUE TO THE CURRENT EVENTS AND UNPRECEDENTED AMOUNT OF BUSINESS IT IS POSSIBLE YOUR ORDER COULD TAKE OVER 2 WEEKS TO BE SHIPPED. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE WE COULD BE OUT OF STOCK OF WHATEVER YOUR ORDERING BUT WE HAVE NO WAY TO BE 100% SURE BECAUSE OF THE VOLUME OF ORDERS AND REPLACEMENT INVENTORY FLOWING IN TO FILL NEW ORDERS. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHARGE ANYONE UNTIL THEIR ORDER SHIPS. IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER ON OUR WEBSITE DUE TO OUR VALIDATION SOFTWARE IT WILL AUTHORIZE YOUR CARD AND PUT A TEMP HOLD ON FUNDS THEN RELEASE THEM BACK TO YOU. BACK ORDERED/OUT OF STOCK ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO PRICE CHANGE WHICH WE WILL NOTIFY YOU BEFORE FILLING THE ORDER AND MAY NOT BE FILLED IF WE CAN'T FIND A REPLACEMENT SOURCE. OUR BACK ORDER SYSTEM IS ESSENTIALLY A WAIT LIST. EMAIL US AT SALES@ARMSOFAMERICA.COM FOR MORE INFO OR IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL AN ORDER THAT HAS NOT SHIPPED EMAIL US AT CANCEL@ARMSOFAMERICA.COM AND LIST YOUR ORDER NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE (CANCEL ORDER XXXXX).

Hey, I just read on another thread a guy already got a tracking number for his VEPR-12 and it shipped, so that's got me worried because they said this in an email they sent earlier:

"We did not get as many as we needed so we are going to fill orders by the date they were placed starting with people who sent their FFL's into us first come first serve."

I ordered mine on the 24th and since they haven't got back to me that they received my FFL I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I got one!

The OP has his gun now.

I'd have told the dealer to get fucked.

When I bought my 2010 Camaro SS, the 1st dealer I spoke with wanted $5,000.00 OVER MSRP, and I couldn't pick it up until it had been on the showroom floor for a few weeks so he could show it to people. He wouldn't even say how many weeks, just "several". He got told to get fucked. My exact words were "Go fuck yourself". Then I found an honest dealer, ordered the car, and got exactly what I wanted WITHOUT getting fucked.

• Like 1

I want a VEPR 12 shotgun, here's my dilemma, Arms of America is not getting back to me at all, Mach 1 Arsenal has them for $350 over what I'd be paying from Arms of America.... Should I wait for tomorrow and pray for an answer or hopefully a tracking # or bend over, forcefully pull $350 from my ass with a spiked glove, and just go with Mach 1?

So got on a backorder list with a vendor for Vepr-12's at $999plus applicable tax and shipping with the sales pitch if I get one before theirs come in I can cancel with no loss . The vendor took credit card info to do an initial hold for the $999. amount but would not charge the credit card till it ships! The vendor gets the Vepr's in and sends me a letter that other vendors are charging more so if I want my backordered Vepr-12 I need to pay 149. more . The original order did not specify the price would be variable to supply & demand.

In today's climate is this OK and cool or Not cool !?

I puposefully did not list the Vendor's name as I did not qwant to violate any rules

Just thought i would see how other peeps felt about it

By UCC, they lose unless they had a cancellation clause in their contract. We went over pretty much this same scenario with other commodities in the sales class I just took.

The whole point of a contract is to fix the deal and gamble against market fluctuation. They would have held you to $999 if a boatload came in and veprs were selling for $500. You get to hold them to $999 if the market goes up and Veprs going for $1499, and so on.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1
A of A is just giving refunds now. They pulled the VEPR-12 from their site and now my bank acc has an extra grand that just went into the back-ordered gun.

Bets are they are waiting until tomorrow to reprice them at a much higher price pending the speech by prez odickhead. Just a guess but I would say you will expect to see the vepr 12 at a much higher price in a day or two.

• Like 2
A of A is just giving refunds now. They pulled the VEPR-12 from their site and now my bank acc has an extra grand that just went into the back-ordered gun.

Bets are they are waiting until tomorrow to reprice them at a much higher price pending the speech by prez odickhead. Just a guess but I would say you will expect to see the vepr 12 at a much higher price in a day or two.

That's exactly what I suspect. I hope someday soon light gets shed on his true character by someone that even the idiots of America will listen to. If he wasn't against freedom and everything this country stands for I would have nothing against him, but he's proven us wrong time and time again...

What's annoying to me is that AofA seems to be getting the VEPRs and straight shooters like Atlantic Firearms are not.

Unless neither actually has the shotguns, and AofA is just taking orders for something they don't have and won't get.

Atlantic, CSS, Mach1 all seem to have a few, as they are bidding them out on gunbroker getting up to 1700+ from what I have seen.

What's annoying to me is that AofA seems to be getting the VEPRs and straight shooters like Atlantic Firearms are not.

Unless neither actually has the shotguns, and AofA is just taking orders for something they don't have and won't get.

Atlantic, CSS, Mach1 all seem to have a few, as they are bidding them out on gunbroker getting up to 1700+ from what I have seen.

If that's true, then we're fresh out of good guys. (sigh)

If that's true, then we're fresh out of good guys. (sigh)

Well, they are being bid to those amounts. Some of them are starting them out at 1399

I don't think all of them are going for 1700+ - but some are - it all depends on what someone bids on any given auction.

There's one vendor RRC that had/has a few on Buy Now for 1750.

Edited by ec4321

I just got mine yesterday from my FFL. Had preordered in mid December from Atlantic. Started to worry when the prices started going up on their site. And then, voila, I get my gun at the price promised! That to me is stand-up business.

I also noticed that they are auctioning them off on GB. I am about 65% okay with that as long as they filled all of their orders that were placed. The reason I am only 65% okay with it is that they have them for sale on their site for $1399 and you cannot buy them there. There is also nothing that states they are auctioning them to the highest bidder on GB on the site, it says they are sold out!

If you pay attention the the auciton it shows one with a wood stock the units on our web site are POLY stocked units also we have the right to sell on any venue we please and have been offering items on gunbroker for over 8 years . We do have a line on some more guns but the price is high and are tyring to swing a better deal before we commit .

• Like 1

@ Atlantic... Of course you can sell where ever you want. I never stated you shouldt try and capitalize on the current economic environment. If you looked, I am more in agreement with the way you are conducting business. And I stated that it was the stand up thing to do to honor my price, especially since hearing about how others have been gouged. I am for free markets, just think it would be more stand up to acknowledge that they are availble at auction on the site. I am and have very please with Atlantic, through out the transaction. I look at your site daily. Just stating my opinion.

My opinion is in these times we (especially gun owners) should use the word "Right" carefully. It has become diluted and that is IMHO why it has become easy for people to attack them.