How will current ammo shortages and pricing affect your target shootin

Just curious how you guys plan to handle your AR and AK type ammo in the current situation. Will it be:

1) business as usual till you run out?

2) shooting less and less till you run out?

3) are you willing to pay the higher prices to keep shooting?

4) will you just sit on what you have till this all passes over or target shooting like we used to enjoy comes to an end and keep it for SHTF purposes)?

Thanks!

I will not shoot my ak unless I can find a good deal and replenish what I shoot. All I know is it is accurate enough that I can hit a man sized target fairly easily at 150 yards and thats all it needs to do, I would love to be able to shoot a couple of hundred rounds but with availability and prices headed where they are I will be patient with 3k rounds I have now and keep them just for shtf. I may buy 500 rounds of brass x39 so I can shoot it and reload it.

The only things Ive been shooting is my 22 and VEPR 12. 12 ga is easy to find right now it seems. And I have a plethora of 22. Until the 22 gets down to a couple thousand rounds ill keep shooting it.

I dont plan on shooting my other calibers for awhile. Im just sitting back and watching what happens. If the prices dont come down, well then i guess ill have to get used to buying .70(possible more) cent a round ammo. I wont stop shooting all together, you have to stay practiced, and its a hell of a stress relief. It may in the long run affect my frequency of shooting.

• Like 4

I'm going out today...... Hell, having company over to help shoot some also.

I'm not hurting on ammo. I believe in stocking up when the deal is found, needed or not. I've been doing it for decades.

I'll never understand those that have to stop on the way to range to GET ammo....

• Like 1
The only things Ive been shooting is my 22 and VEPR 12. 12 ga is easy to find right now it seems. And I have a plethora of 22. Until the 22 gets down to a couple thousand rounds ill keep shooting it.

I dont plan on shooting my other calibers for awhile. Im just sitting back and watching what happens. If the prices dont come down, well then i guess ill have to get used to buying .70(possible more) cent a round ammo. I wont stop shooting all together, you have to stay practiced, and its a hell of a stress relief. It may in the long run affect my frequency of shooting.

Yeah Ive been shooting similar. I havent shot my 5.45 since I got my Reflex zeroed, and dont plan to until I pick up more ammo for it. But its open season for the Vepr 12 and Mosin. I'll shoot the fuck outta it. But Im saving what 7.62 I have for now, until I get more of that as well.

• Like 1

I managed to stock up quite a bit when prices were still cheap, but I try to avoid wasting it when I have the chance.

For when I'm literally just wasting ammo, I try to limit my use to mostly .22, birdshot, and cheap Russian handgun ammo. I only use my serious calibers/ammo for when I'm doing "constructive" shooting.

Reload, it is the only thing that makes sense.

One can buy primers, brass, bullets, and powder much easier than good ammo now. How long will that last? Act now.

These are the days we were preping for years ago when people said see they dont want a gun ban... fools.

I have shifted more toward shooting Clays with cheap ammo, and more of the .22 as well. I find that realoading has always helped me shoot more often, and on the Cheap, so I reload a few calibers.

I also shoot the Mosin Nagant a bit more often.....I plan on that being my Deer rifle next season.

• Like 1

I'm hurting for money, out of work, and trying to save every penny I can. That said, I'm considering putting another spam can of 5.45x39 on the CC. I've got 1500 rounds on hand for it, but have a bad feeling that if I don't buy more this caliber will slowly dry up...

• Like 1
12 ga is easy to find right now it seems.

shhhhhhhhhh! i hear prices on bulk wally world sis goin up to 25, so dont be saying that too loud!!! plus, ya got the cheap slug trick, so if we tell everyone aboot that too pretty soon ya wont be able to buy anything...

judging from the trash cans etc at my ranges, and lack of brass on the ground, folks arent shooting much. or its all getting scavenged up quick like... tough call.

My SHTF stock is pretty good as of now, and I will not dip into it unless I must. I only have about 300 rounds of 556, 200 rounds 9mm and 150 rounds buck and slug mix for practice. Im going to have to find some and pay the prices or wait till they come down. Im glad I have a good natural shooting ability to fall back on in these harsh times.

Few shots every week focused on accuracy. Not a good time to be letting my friends shoot my rifles as fast as they can reload them.

This is a really good time for you guys to practice jams, malfunctions and accuracy. Put a snap cap in there at random and practice SPORTS or what have you....

• Like 1
Few shots every week focused on accuracy. Not a good time to be letting my friends shoot my rifles as fast as they can reload them.

I've been considering getting a decent little air rifle for just that reason. Plus, its dead quiet and dirt cheap to operate.

• Like 1

I just picked up a Browning Buck Mark and 1600rds of 22lr.

Time to practice my pistol shooting until ammo availability mellows out a little bit.

Was wanting to pick up a .308 bolt action, but I cant seem to find any ammo around here.

Haven't been shooting much at all other than .22lr. I only have 1500 7.62x39 and 500 .223 on hand, a few thousand .22lr. Seems like just a few months ago I had a few thousand of each cal on hand and shot it like it was no big deal. Oops.

Wanting a WASR-22 now. I think this will be my next gun buy.

Haven't been shooting in a while with lack of money and other stuff going on. Once I'm back to work I plan to just pick up more ammo as I need it. I haven't been to the LGS lately but I have spot checked Wally worlds and they have been absent of x39 but on occasion Tula 308 has been in. I'll just buy em as I see em once the time comes

Bought a S&W M&P15/22 last week, was out back most of this afternoon plinking cans in the yard, only about 300 rounds, and I found 1000 rounds of subsonic and 500 of standard velocity stuffed behind a bunch of bullets and brass on the bottom shelf of my cabinet. Lucky me.

It's been lots of 12ga, 22, 9mm, and 45 ACP for me. All are still available at my local sporting good stores and Walmart's at pre panic prices. The olny thing that has seemed to vanish is 223/556, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, etc...which are the calibers I still need to stock the most. I have some but not near enough. I will definitely be on the lookout for more but only if the price is halfway decent...