Did your Vepr 12 come with 1 or 2 five round mags?

Did your Vepr 12 come with 1 or 2 five round mags?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did your Vepr 12 come with 1 or 2 five round mags?

• came with one factory five round mag
    • came with two 5rnd mags

Mine came with a single factory 5 rounder in the box.... but, I did receive a "FREE" SGM 12 rounder 5 or 6 weeks later. Most everyone got the SGM, didn't they ? Just wondering...

The offer from Atlantic Arms did back in November.

One.

I've seen them advertised with two mags also.

There sure is alot of third party sales of Vepr 5rd mags on the market....

Yep... it's just what it appears to be I suspect.
You know what i'm saying??!!!
What I was thinking but was unsure.
  • 1 month later...

There are some Importer advertisements listing them coming from Russia with various mag configurations one from Wolf states 1-5 & 1-10 round factory Russian mag others say 2- 5 rounders and some say 1-5 round. All of ours were sold to us from the importer as coming with 1-5 round mag however we did have a few customers report getting 2- 5 rounders for some reason .

Some VEPR 12 sales in other countries ship with two 8-round Molot mags (this is confirmed). This must have been a simple mistake by some of the packagers at the Molot factory.

The thought of suspicion of the importer or someone else removing a mag from the box and not getting through all of the boxes is always a possibility, the best way to get to the bottom of this is to have a Russian speaking person speak with the distributor in Russia. A good question for Papa Zorro or Sergei.

Edited by DresNightfire

From what I understand Mach 1 is including 2 mags for the purchase. I know the paperwork I saw from other companies listed 1 mag with the shotgun. I doubt the factory is going to make new owners manuals to reflect 1 mag. As for Wolf's website is an obvious typo because Molot doesnt even make a 10 round shotgun magazine. The 1 five round and 1 ten round mag is for the rifles not the shotguns. Kerry is not the owner of Mach 1, but he is one hell of a guy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang.......now I know whay I can't find a factory 10 rounder anywhere!

I never rec'd my SGM mag eitherwet_eyes.gif

From what I understand Mach 1 is including 2 mags for the purchase. I know the paperwork I saw from other companies listed 1 mag with the shotgun. I doubt the factory is going to make new owners manuals to reflect 1 mag. As for Wolf's website is an obvious typo because Molot doesnt even make a 10 round shotgun magazine. The 1 five round and 1 ten round mag is for the rifles not the shotguns. Kerry is not the owner of Mach 1, but he is one hell of a guy.

Dang.......now I know whay I can't find a factory 10 rounder anywhere!

I never rec'd my SGM mag eitherwet_eyes.gif

I think we might get some factory 10's. Over email back in January, Oleg (rusmilitary) said Vepr-12 10's are being produced by Molot, being tested by him, and will be offered for sale if they test ok. These are constructed from the cut-offs from 8's to make 5's that are being shipped with our Veprs here in the US. There is a post somewhere where Papazorro shows the 10's and how they are constructed from the cut off pieces left over from 5's.

If you look at the Vepr-12 "Special Edition" on rusmilitary, I'm pretty sure that's a 10 rounder with a description to support it:

PRICE (factory package + 10-r mag + GK-01 muzzle brake)

I would imagine these are not going to be cheap seeing that the 8's were 127 USD plus shipping when they were in stock. I would take one if they are less than $150 just to have one, but its hard to justify several when you can get SGM 10's for $40-$45 a pop.