Sign in to follow this  
RobRez

Staying connected offline

Does anyone besides me think it is a good idea to get some contact info from fellow, likeminded S-12 members? I really hate being the guy with the tin foil hat, but when things started to get whacky, and this site went down suddenly, I felt a bit out of toutch with likeminded folks who may be good to stay in contact with in any random regional emergecy.

• Like 1

I'd say it's pretty important to make connections. No matter what the cause of SHTF may be, the interwebz forums will prolly not be reliable.

It will be neighbors helping neighbors or eating each other. Think watts riots x10 in every population center across the US.

Yeah I know that's crazy. It could never happen here. Bla bla bla. Whatever, I'd rather be ready for something that never happened.

I agree......

Possibly a Representative from each state. That Rep would communicated directly with reps from the other states and keep thier state members informed and keeping that information off the forum.......

You will be infiltrated. Plain and simple. Better keep it off the grid entirely, stick with friends and family and their friends and family. Big Sis is here already. You can bet on that.

Edited by DaGroaner

You will be infiltrated. Plain and simple. Better keep it off the grid entirely, stick with friends and family and their friends and family. Big Sis is here already. You can bet on that.

That is why the idea is to keep it OFFLINE......

• Like 1

I don't give a rat's gluteus if "we" are infiltrated. We are doing nothing wrong and we damn sure will not be led in any direction to be willingly or unwillingly entrapped.since we are not about to do anything illegal. And that is not code for anything but straight up truth. Heck it would be nice to get the FBI/DEA/DHS/??? take on things. I am a law abiding upstanding citizen of this country and I will NOT be kowed by my government. THEY work for ME!!!

• Like 4

I don't give a rat's gluteus if "we" are infiltrated. We are doing nothing wrong and we damn sure will not be led in any direction to be willingly or unwillingly entrapped.since we are not about to do anything illegal. And that is not code for anything but straight up truth. Heck it would be nice to get the FBI/DEA/DHS/??? take on things. I am a law abiding upstanding citizen of this country and I will NOT be kowed by my government. THEY work for ME!!!

Exactly. My tax dollars pay their salary. They can blow me if they dont like what Im doing or how I do it. I think its a good idea.

Create a free email account like a Google Gmail account and maintain it. Create a file with a list of email addresses for those that want to be notified / contacted. Use "google drive" (it's free) to only share the file with those on the list.

smile.png

Things that make a free email account non-anonymous:

IP address (can be spoofed)

MAC address (unique, but can be spoofed)

ISP

Ham/CB Radio....that's what I did, and I started a thread for it so folks could find each other, and Info. on getting started in Radio.

Ham/CB Radio....that's what I did, and I started a thread for it so folks could find each other, and Info. on getting started in Radio.

This is something I am wanting to get into. What does a decent setup cost to get started?

On secound thought, im already connected enough.

I think you missed the point. You break out the ham radio when you get "disconnected".

Thanks for that link Gulo. Unfortunately, the website of my closest local militia is down, ATM.

This has been what I've been looking for.

The problem with our hobby is getting connected.