FAAAAAAHHHHK! when did the lil 41o double in price???

They've always been kind of scarce in my neck of the woods. If I was to take a guess I'd say it's mostly from growing demand, and they might not be producing them at a rate anywhere near some of their other calibers. The dock strikes could play a roll but it isn't as likely.

Hey! I just bought my Saiga 12 yesterday. With the factory mag it functions like a $2500 gun. The two Surefire 12 rounders both failed to pop the rounds up to feed, and then broke within 10 rounds. They broke in the exact same spot, right at the front lip.

Anyway, I like the 12 so much, I was considering going back and picking up the .410. My gun shop has one in for $475. Apparently, that is a pretty fair price, considering this thread.

Does the .410 function just as well as the 12?

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I have a problem with is the cost of ammo. Evan before the "big scare" ammo for these wasn't cheep. But other than that they are great and fun to shoot.

But as far as price goes, have you seen Classic Arms price on Saiga 7.62x39 rifles? WOW

Edited by im_n2_vws
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for the guys who waited or couldn't afford them before. But as far as I'm concerned, I like the fact that mine has almost doubled in price since I bought it($300). My wife says it's not an investment if you have no intention of selling. But to me they are like having gold in my safe.

• Like 2
I feel bad for the guys who waited or couldn't afford them before. But as far as I'm concerned, I like the fact that mine has almost doubled in price since I bought it($300). My wife says it's not an investment if you have no intention of selling. But to me they are like having gold in my safe.

Ain't many investments that you can defend your life with either!!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My 76 year old FFL guy has an unconverted one he's had in the safe unfired for awhile. I think I might see if he wants to sell it. Thinking of 30rd mag dumps with a shotgun sounds like a blast!

The 410 Saiga is a jewel in the rough. Many don't give it the attention it really deserves. The Russians have long respected it and used it in Law Enforcement and Military applications. There are many old pics of it in use by officials there, as well as Greece, and probably other places. The .410 with a 97 grain Russian Barnaul slug (or a Brenneke 114 gr) is a damn awesome weapon. That's all I shot through my '99 K-USA imported .410 was Barnaul steel cased slugs, and the Brenneke ones, for the first few yrs I owned it. They have a distinct "crack" like the sound of a rifle... vs. that of a shotgun 'boom'. The .410 barrel is also very close to the same O.D. as the popular AK-47 or 74. You should know what that means. Very easy to fit with any type of AK furniture or parts you have the talent and gumption to make work. My first Saiga was my .410. It currently sports a regular ol K Var Nato stock, and custom vented HG, with the Russian orthopedic PG. Tony Rumore made the very first US made S-410 Saiga -.410 '74 style brake for it, by modifying and boring out an AK brake I sent him. Only thing left to do now is finish what I started, and fit the thing into one of my AMD-65 kits. Again... the barrel O.D. is very close. I'll bore one of my snake brakes to fit the .410 load as well.

This project will soon see completion.

• Like 3
The 410 Saiga is a jewel in the rough. Many don't give it the attention it really deserves. The Russians have long respected it and used it in Law Enforcement and Military applications. There are many old pics of it in use by officials there, as well as Greece, and probably other places. The .410 with a 97 grain Russian Barnaul slug (or a Brenneke 114 gr) is a damn awesome weapon. That's all I shot through my '99 K-USA imported .410 was Barnaul steel cased slugs, and the Brenneke ones, for the first few yrs I owned it. They have a distinct "crack" like the sound of a rifle... vs. that of a shotgun 'boom'. The .410 barrel is also very close to the same O.D. as the popular AK-47 or 74. You should know what that means. Very easy to fit with any type of AK furniture or parts you have the talent and gumption to make work. My first Saiga was my .410. It currently sports a regular ol K Var Nato stock, and custom vented HG, with the Russian orthopedic PG. Tony Rumore made the very first US made S-410 Saiga -.410 '74 style brake for it, by modifying and boring out an AK brake I sent him. Only thing left to do now is finish what I started, and fit the thing into one of my AMD-65 kits. Again... the barrel O.D. is very close. I'll bore one of my snake brakes to fit the .410 load as well.

This project will soon see completion.

I have all the parts I think I need to convert my gas system to look like an arsenal SGL style .410. I have the gas tube, AK74 front and rear sight block, 74 gas block and the handguard retainer . I was a little concerned about what 74 style brake to use.

You mean tripled. As I recall I paid $190 for my .410 back in 2000.

I paid $310 for my .308

My uncle bought a brand new Saiga 7.62 and 500rds of Wolf ammo for a whopping $125 in 2003, stuck it in the safe and forgot about it. 3 months ago I remembered seeing it and figured I could get it cheap off him. $300 he charged me for the basically new rifle and all the ammo. He was happy he doubled his money and I was happy I got a deal! He actually had a buddy call him about 30 min after I did asking to buy it, offered him $600 and he turned it down because we made a deal first. Good uncle if you ask me!

619 fr the .410 at my local gun store. They had 2 and one x39 for 7 something. I didn't pay much attention since I wasnt going to buy it. I mad a point to look at the .410 since I saw this thread that same day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a like new 2006 made 410 from Gander for $399 and they have a similar one made in 2003 for $699

crazy big box store prices...

do they have a online availability thing? for used guns?

Im not sure, they still have one for $699 lol. Its a used 2003 model. I asked why the price was different and they said the two S410's came from different Gander's and they just kept the prices.

• 5 weeks later...

After doing a couple of 410 builds, I am definitely going to get one IF they ever come down. Cobra you are right about slugs through them! I used several boxes of them on the last build to check feeding and that is one wicked round! Wished I would have bought one when they were affordable!

• 1 month later...

We have 6 units of unconverted saiga 410k's available with the factory folding buttstock.

Are the buttstocks just tack welded into the open position with all of the operating parts functional or have the folder parts been removed and the stock really welded up along the entire contact point?