Finally bit the bullet and ordered an Izhmash SVDS, in the original 7.62x54r.It includes the correct Russian bipod that clamps to the receiver, a 8x42 POSP scope and two steel 10r mags.Its the folding stock version of the Dragunov that is issued to Russian airborne troops.Heres a couple of pics to be going on with and will give an update once I get it out on the range, hope you like :)

post-44524-0-60854900-1358190390_thumb.jpeg

post-44524-0-90871000-1358190408_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

It was £1950 for the rifle with the scope,bipod,2 mags and a Soviet SVD dropcase, which may seem expensive to you guys but thats about the going rate for a Russian Tigr/SVD and it was one of only two I could find for sale in the UK,the other being in .308 calibre and I really wanted the 'proper' 7.62x54r.

Its a pain that we have loads of snow at the moment and cant get to pick it up as my RFD is 1500ft above sea level and my Nissan 300zx twin-turbo is useless in snow so will have to wait until it melts to collect it :(