Anybody running a Primary Arms red dot?

Hey guys. I've become very interested in Primary Arms optics.

Their price-point is good and I've seen a few good reviews (mostly for 5.56). I am just concerned about performance with 7.62x39.

If anybody with a 7.62 or a 308 saiga is running one of these optics please review it and let me know the pros/cons of these optics. Specifically the tube style red dots or the aimpoint copies.

They're good looking sights and I'm not in the position to be spending the money needed on a real aimpoint.

My wife has the PA Multi-reticle AA sight, loves it. Used on both the 5.56 and the S12 until the S12 got a Vortex SPARC of it's own.

Pros:

Battery life

Extremely bright, you wont need to keep it on more than setting 2-4, I use setting 1

AA batteries = easy to replace/find

Holds Zero, accurate

Comes with flip up caps!

Watertight

Cons:

Battery weight (AA model)

Detents of knobs aren't as crisp as I prefer, but ok

Edited by Conscript

Anybody have a multi-reticle red dot in cr2 lithium battery size? The weight of the AA model isn't so much the issue... it just seems that AA models impossible to find. The lr44 models weight is significantly better but the battery life is garbage and its a dedicated single 3moa dot.

But the only 2 that seem to ever be available are the cr2 lithium model or the lr44 model.

Cr2 is much perferred as it has different reticles and a 2moa dot option. Not to mention battery life is increased greatly.

I wish like hell I could find a AA model but they never seem to be around unless you want to pay $400 to an ebay scamming asshole.

So it's seeming like the CR2 is going to end up on my 7.62 and I was just wondering if anybody had problems with that particular model or could comment on battery life vs. battery cost. Etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

PA micro red dots can't be beat for the price; light weight, rugged and with a good range of brightness settings. I used one in a Kalashnikov rifle gunfighting class 18 months ago. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds, all in the rain and mud, and the PA Micro functioned flawlessly, held zero, and stayed waterproof, and is still good as new today. The only way to do better would be to buy an Aimpoint T-1 at six times the price.

Primary Arms is a great company to deal with. Fast shipping, great customer service, and good people.

• 5 weeks later...