Just noticed at Cabelas.com that under the shooting tab, all they have is optics, gun storage and gun cleaning. Looks like the removed all ammo and firearms. I've got over 2k rounds on back order with them. Hope I still get my order :(

Oh, and first post btw. My name is Kyle, and I've been lurking for a while when I'm bored at work. Wanted to say hello and thanks for the entertainment.

• Like 1

Back door gun control by the Obama administration?

"Mr. Schumer very deliberately mentioned both Wal-Mart and the Sports Authority, sending a warning that if they don't bend to his will, these high-profile retailers may find themselves under a public-relations assault. Those retailers will have to weigh that threat against the backlash they'd receive from millions of loyal customers who would see a decision to restrict gun sales as a cave to gun-control Democrats."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235104578241882910553370.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

I just visited their website and found both center and rimfire rifles for sale.

And based on the foot traffic I've seen at the Cabela's in Dundee, Michigan, they would have a pretty good sized riot if they suddenly stopped selling firearms and associated products.

Edited by bws1

I dont know where you are seeing the tabs not showing. I am on the web site right now and clearly see an ammunition tab, rimfire rifle, centerfire rifles, rimfire pistols, centerfire pistols, and so on.

Make sure your browser is updated.

Edited by Chevyman097

It must of just been a temp error. I tried 4x before posting. I see it's back now too. Sorry for the scare.

Welcome Kyle -- are you voluntarily submitting your weapons for federal registration by providing a list of them in your signature? big_smile.gif

I live in TX. Our lawmakers seem to be on our side at this point so far. We'll see.

Kyle welcome to the fun. How does your S308 do?

Actually it shoots better than I thought it would. With Federal blue box 308sp, it shoots 1moa. It's not uncommon to make clover leafs with all the holes touching. With cheap steel ammo, group opens up to about 3 moa.

Edited by BeatTheTunaUp
  • Like 2

I also have a backorder @ Cabelas for a few '000 rounds. They sent me a note last week asking if I wanted it to remain on backorder.. if I didn't respond it would automatically be cancelled after 10 days. I had them keep it on backorder. Suppossedly they have a large order coming in from Lake City on 1/25 (the same order that was suppose to be in on 12/30 and also on 11/30 lol.. so we'll see)

^ I love that place up in Dundee! Haven't been there for a while, I ought to take a road trip soon. smile.png

I've only been to a couple of Cabela's, prior to Dundee opening, but I will say Dundee's is one of the nicest. It beats the relatively new Bass Pro Shops store in Perrysburg, Ohio.

Back door gun control by the Obama administration?

"Mr. Schumer very deliberately mentioned both Wal-Mart and the Sports Authority, sending a warning that if they don't bend to his will, these high-profile retailers may find themselves under a public-relations assault. Those retailers will have to weigh that threat against the backlash they'd receive from millions of loyal customers who would see a decision to restrict gun sales as a cave to gun-control Democrats."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235104578241882910553370.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Well, well, well, nice to see chucky schmucky making extortion threats against American retailers.

And, out of the closet they come.

Libtards in high places attempting to extort retailers to doing their will through thinly veiled terrorist style threats.

Edited by John U.
  • Like 1
I just visited their website and found both center and rimfire rifles for sale.

And based on the foot traffic I've seen at the Cabela's in Dundee, Michigan, they would have a pretty good sized riot if they suddenly stopped selling firearms and associated products.

Gotta love the Dundee Cabela's!