Hello! I am new to this website, but i saw the wealth of information that everyone provides, so I figured I would ask a question and see if you guys can help!

I recently threaded the barrel of my saiga so I could attach a JTac47 muzzlebrake on it. However, when I screwed the brake on, it seemed to be on crooked. The brake is pointing slightly to the ground. I'm wondering how this could have possibly happened, and if there is anything I can do to fix it. It just doesn't seem possible that the threads cooke be angled like that.

What's the length of your barrel? I've heard and seen people with 20",21",22" & 16".

If its one of the longer barrels i'd say just take like 2" off and thread again making sure to use the guide. Actually... if its 16" and your seleceted muzzle brake adds a few inches i'd say cut it to around 14.5" thread it and assuming it's straight permanently attatch the muzzle brake with some red thread locker and a tiny spot-weld (to still have 16" needed by atf regulations) and then you'd have a bad ass 308 short(er) barrel and your brake is on.

just my thoughts.

If its the 20"+ model then you can cut it down to 16" or 18" and still have your brake be removable. Ballistics have been reported that a 16" barrel 308 saiga iis actually more accurate than a 20+" and that's without even crowning the barrel. Which isn't hard or expensive if you look around. I did mine for 8-10$ and it looks beautiful.

What's the length of your barrel? I've heard and seen people with 20",21",22" & 16".

If its one of the longer barrels i'd say just take like 2" off and thread again making sure to use the guide. Actually... if its 16" and your seleceted muzzle brake adds a few inches i'd say cut it to around 14.5" thread it and assuming it's straight permanently attatch the muzzle brake with some red thread locker and a tiny spot-weld (to still have 16" needed by atf regulations) and then you'd have a bad ass 308 short(er) barrel and your brake is on.

just my thoughts.

If its the 20"+ model then you can cut it down to 16" or 18" and still have your brake be removable. Ballistics have been reported that a 16" barrel 308 saiga iis actually more accurate than a 20+" and that's without even crowning the barrel. Which isn't hard or expensive if you look around. I did mine for 8-10$ and it looks beautiful.

It is a 16". I'm gonna take it to my local gunsmith the next time a get a few extra buxxx together and let him take care of it. I did use the guide the first time which is why I don't understand how it ended up crooked. But as for now, it should still function properly. It's just really ugly with the threads on there now. But I think having the barrel chopped a little and having the break permanently attached is my only option at this point.