CSS specs 20 round fit

They are made to be tight, however the nature of the AK does not lend itself to being terribly consistent for mag lock up.

We took about .01 off the surface of the rear lock a few months ago to reduce the need for fitting to guns. Its still tighter then factory mags on average.

I have four of them that lock up nice and tight in two different rifles, I didn't have to make any adjustments to either. If your not the original owner perhaps some gun plummer previously attempted to resolve another magazine fitment issue. Just a thought.

I bought a couple of his earliest version of the stamped mags. Good mags, but they wobble in the mag well the same as Uinta/FBMG. Bought some of the "hardened" mags when they were available, and they are rock solid. Bought some more that I received a week or two ago. I can't tell any difference in lockup between them and the hardened mags.

I really like the latest floor plates. I would like to buy some for my other mags if they are available seperately.

I bought a couple of his earliest version of the stamped mags. Good mags, but they wobble in the mag well the same as Uinta/FBMG. Bought some of the "hardened" mags when they were available, and they are rock solid. Bought some more that I received a week or two ago. I can't tell any difference in lockup between them and the hardened mags.

I really like the latest floor plates. I would like to buy some for my other mags if they are available seperately.

If you got 20s you'll likely notice that the rear Lug/catch (whichever you want to call it) is thicker at the base. This works to stop the magazine latch at the ideal point to prevent it being loose, the saiga .308 20rd and vepr .308 5, 15 and 20 rd have this alteration added. I noticed it as a feature on Bulgarian and Finnish AK mags to reduce slop, it is not present on Saiga factory mags.

Paint drawing is not to scale (or even close)

post-2952-0-02196200-1358439495_thumb.jpg

The Floor plates will be listed as a spare part in about a month, right now I have just enough for the mags I'm building so I can't sell any without reducing available mags.

• 1 year later...