Would you trade....

I have a 94' AWB compliant Armalite AR10A2 and I might be able to trade it for a slightly above average accessorized and converted Saiga-12. Would you make that deal in this market?

What is done to the saiga 12? And what accessories does it have? If its just a basic conversion with some mags, my opinion the AR10 is probably worth more. But it's hard to say without seeing both weapons. The saiga 12 is a great weapon, but you have to remember, before all this drama a base unconverted saiga was roughly $650, add maybe $200 for conversion parts, and whatever else $$ wise. Edited by Aksierra

.308 is not cheap to shoot and most likely will not be getting any cheaper. 12g is pretty consistent in price and usually more readily available then .308, locally atleast.

That said, however the S12 is setup needs to be known. If i had other semi auto 'modern sporting rifles', and didn't have an S12, or semi auto shotgun, then it would be awfully tempting.

Well from what I can tell it has a UTG quad rail, monster claw muzzle break, magpul stock/ non folding stock adapter, 6 position gas plug, aftermarket gas puck, ATI pistol grip, a cheapo truglow red dot site, an unknown forward grip, 2 SGM 10 round mags, 1 promag 20 round drum, factory 5 rounder, and whatever parts that were used to move the FCG forward, I'm unsure about the origin of the FCG at this point. Pricing up all that at Carolina Shooter Supply came to $730 roughly + the cost of the base gun. Of course I have to consider depreciation and the fact that I don't care for a couple of the aftermarket accessories, plus the appreciation of the mags in this market.

I'm not in a huge rush to get a Saiga, as I already have multiples of both gun and I haven't shot that AR10 in years because .308 is so expensive. The cons I really don't like about my AR10 is it's not a flat top receiver, no bayonet lug, a pinned muzzle break, and it's set up to run gen 1 mags, needless to say it isn't my favorite gun

Edited by setlab
.308 is not cheap to shoot and most likely will not be getting any cheaper. 12g is pretty consistent in price and usually more readily available then .308, locally atleast.

That said, however the S12 is setup needs to be known. If i had other semi auto 'modern sporting rifles', and didn't have an S12, or semi auto shotgun, then it would be awfully tempting.

This...

If you have multiples and could ditch your least favorite rifle to get one to expand your collection, it might be worth it value aside. If you decide to go for the trade, Just be prepared that the saiga may require some fine tuning.

I have never bought or saw a fire arm that didnt have "customize it for me" written all over it. It's a true shooters instinct and perogative.

just like the S12 i have. I bought everything i need for a nice conversion (Destroyer grey ATI 6 set - Scorp grips blah blah) but this time my instinct said wait a bit...That was 4 months ago. Am really glad i didnt start up the grinder for the forward FCG, but all the 10 round clips if they go 7 or if they claim they "Look" militaristic will have to sit until this crap blows over in 10 years or so. But to be honest the sporterized s12 does not slow me down much compared to a fully converted one since ive built a few for others and of course had to try them out.

And as many posters here said: fill out every gun control form you get from NRA/NAGR etc etc and flipem 10 bucks for helping us (trying i know i know).

Any ways Setlab you knew you would change SOMETHING on that S12 bro : c)