Oh Shit. Here we go...

While I think that Congress won't pass anything like what our dear leader wants, I am shoring up my bets just in case. I would suggest getting organized locally, contacting your congresscritters, and being vocal ( but not aggressive, we are here because these people fear how our firearms look remember ). Also, there are some upcoming 2nd Amendment support demonstrations that are supposed to be at all state capitols. We have one this Sat at noon, check your local firearms groups if you are interested. Come out, meet people, maybe educate someone. Supposedly there is another later in the month also.

Edited by Toxin
  • Like 1
While I think that Congress won't pass anything like what our dear leader wants, I am shoring up my bets just in case. I would suggest getting organized locally, contacting your congresscritters, and being vocal ( but not aggressive, we are here because these people fear how our firearms look remember ). Also, there are some upcoming 2nd Amendment support demonstrations that are supposed to be at all state capitols. We have one this Sat at noon, check your local firearms groups if you are interested. Come out, meet people, maybe educate someone. Supposedly there is another later in the month also.

No kidding. My local forum is already lighting up with "we won" rhetoric and "take that, you nasty fear-buyers" posts. I'm holding out on the celebrating until this is done and over with...

This will be a war for the next four years, at least! They will ratchet up every time they get a chance. We have to remember that approx. 30 to 35% of Americans are total anti's who would like nothing more than totally disarming us. The AWB and mag capacity is a total shill and a small step towards their final goal.

• Like 1

I'm sure this will return if we beat it, we have a leftist president on his second term, the gloves are off so to speak. Join groups like GOA and NAGR, stay vigilant, and just keep at it. Maybe the populace won't be so dumb in 2016 once they get a taste of all the tax hikes coming from Obamacare in it's fully operational form. Perhaps if we a real lucky they will screw up enough over the next year some of his cohorts will be ousted from the Senate in 2014.

What surprised me is that these all came down as executive orders. Who does he think he is? The King? This agressive approach is not going to sit well with anyone; including congress (I hope).

My only hopes are 1) that he launched this campaign in hopes that there would be a compromise and some of it would get passed, or 2) as a diversion to what is to come in the form of tax hikes and obamacare (i.e. he will drop the weapons bills if they agree to the health care).