Conversion back to sporter:(

Since I am unlucky enough to live in communist NY state, I need to convert my 7.62 Saiga BACK to sporter configuration or I have to register it as an "assault weapon". The problem is that I bought a pre converted gun from classic arms w/ the conversion done by TGI. I can find a stock easily enough, but I then need to move the fire control group back. I'm looking for the stock Saiga fire control parts and then a bit of help converting it back. Any help would be appreciated

How will that help you when they imposing a 7 round mag limit?? Sounds like you people are ready to just roll over and comply with anything and therefore I will say SHAME ON THE CITIZENS OF NY.

Fight it thru the courts, fight it thru the ballot box, fight it from your soap box, or fight it thru the cartridge box. To surrender is to die.

• Like 5
How will that help you when they imposing a 7 round mag limit?? Sounds like you people are ready to just roll over and comply with anything and therefore I will say SHAME ON THE CITIZENS OF NY.

Fight it thru the courts, fight it thru the ballot box, fight it from your soap box, or fight it thru the cartridge box. To surrender is to die.

I agree 100 percent but at the same time I have 4 sets of stock saiga conversion parts..if it were me though I wouldnt convert it back and I surely wouldnt register it as an assault weapon. These fucks are infringing on our god given rights.
  • Like 2

Its time to vote with your feet man. I know thats easier said than done, but until the people take back over that commy state it may be the only help you get.

You can probably sell it for a really big profit right now and buy a sporter if/when prices come back down.

I dont know man, its a bummer. I hate it for you guys.

I'm sorry but if you are even considering staying in that state your an idiot. I'm not trying to fallen you or whatever but after this week I'd say your top number one goal should be moving. I hear Vermont is gun friendly.

I'm sorry but if you are even considering staying in that state your an idiot. I'm not trying to fallen you or whatever but after this week I'd say your top number one goal should be moving. I hear Vermont is gun friendly.

Ya he's right fuck converting it back just move..thats 10x worse than California laws.

Unfortunately, as it reads on the NYS State Police webpage, configuration is not the issue, need for registration is based on manufacturer/importer and that it is a semi automatic styled after an AK-47 action, not necessarily regarding any "evil black gun" features.

Wait, then what does converting it back going to?

Maybe Im being a tard.....

No, not being a tard, point is that reconverting it back to "sportster" mode is pointless. According to the NYS troopers page is that regardless of configuration whether its a sportster or full blown fire breathing, straight from Russia, AK-47, (semi auto only) its the same. The powers that be feel that because it has a detachable magazine and an AK-47 platform it is EVIL, and therefore must be registered. Because if we register these firearms it will prevent bad things from ever happening to good people ever again, and everyone will live happily ever after.

If you want the stock trigger set up ill send it to you for free. I hate price gougers and I hate the fact that mags are damn near 100 bucks a pop so screw that. You want the stock parts let me know bro, I got your back.

^^^^^^^Why I truly love this place red_heart.gif

• Like 1

Your Saiga's configuration isn't the problem. Your corrupt politicians and their unconstitutional laws are. I suggest you, and other law abiding citizens like you, seek to restore your laws to their proper state by whatever legal means necessary. Stop voting these people into office!

• Like 1

There is a part of me that agrees with this, why try to live with a bunch of commies. But.........then the other part comes out and says, this is my motherfucken house and you (Mr. politition) are a fucken envader, I will fight you with every living breath you smug prick commie. I will not register shit, I will not sell shit out of state. and I certainly wont be turning in shit to your jackboot cops, fuck you very much, you're leaving.....BYE super_man.gif

Wow. This is really sad. I agree with another poster....feel bad for your guys. It just ain't right, and I would be patient. Lawsuits will be filed and injunctions will be granted. Wait until the very last second if you can.

What are the penalties if a NY citizen fails to register one of these? Would it be a misdemeanor charge as it stands now? If it is a misdemeanor especially civil disobedience may be something NYers may want to consider.

Personally, I take issue when someone tells me to move when discussing gun laws in NY. This is my home and regardless if it is a arrogant tyrant of a Governor or a Nazi zombie invasion I will stay, and I will fight them to the best of my ability.

Edited by jayjohnstone76
  • Like 2

Maybe you should come to the great state of Texas. Not only do we have the best state economy and budget surplus, we are currently passing legislation that would make it illegal to enforce any further restrictions on firearms. It will make it illegal for any federal official to come and try to enforce any executive restrictions or further anti gun laws. The way it reads is that any federal official coming into this state to enforce such actions will be arrested.

• Like 1

What are the penalties if a NY citizen fails to register one of these? Would it be a misdemeanor charge as it stands now? If it is a misdemeanor especially civil disobedience may be something NYers may want to consider.

Personally, I take issue when someone tells me to move when discussing gun laws in NY. This is my home and regardless if it is a arrogant tyrant of a Governor or a Nazi zombie invasion I will stay, and I will fight them to the best of my ability.

Although I have been unable to locate any specific penalties, any misdemeanor is not a good situation especially if it is firearm related. It could (and probably would) negativitly effect ones ability to obtain more firearms or renew the new state mandated pistol permits

Sorry if I seem like a "Debbie Downer", but from what I've seen in the last couple of weeks it doesn't look like this will quietly resolve itself with anything in the gunowners favor.

For example, I was informed this week that in NYS one can posses 15oz of pot and it would be considered a violation (basically a ticket) , however, if I have 8 bullets in my pistol it is a misdemeanor (far more serious offense, permanent record, fingerprints, mug: shots, get a lawyer, type offense).

Just my 2 cents, but any of the "revisions" that Albany is working on will not be good for us at all.

Converting back does nothing. the Saiga is named specifically.

Otherwise I would find a loophole as always.

example? Got 30 round AR pre bans? get a 458 socom, voila! 7 round mags!

I'm not seeing where Saiga rifles are named specifically. I have been going by this list;

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/RiflesthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

However Saiga shotguns ARE listed specificlly in the shotgun section;

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/ShotgunsthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

RalphXL

I'm not seeing where Saiga rifles are named specifically. I have been going by this list;

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/RiflesthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/ShotgunsthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

RalphXL

To add to the chaos it says izhevsk but not Izhmash. I think izhevsk is the city and Izhmash is the manufacturing company.

That's part of the problem. Supposedly They have already made the mod necessary for law enforcement to be legal.

Its a working document right now. they're still changing it. and picking it apart isn't going to help us yet.

If i get a updated version I will post it, In the meantime, notice the names manufacturers are not listen under the law I posted in a different forum.

Move? What kind of retarded ass recommendation is that? Can YOU just move at the drop of a dime? Lol.... come on now. Anyway... OP, Ive got all my stock trigger group pars and stock sitting around. If anything falls through, just shoot me a pm and I'll send you my stuff for free.

RalphXL

Any AK

47variant designed to fire ammunition in any caliber manufactured by the firms listed below:

The importer such as Russian American Arms or Arsenal are how they got Saiga rifles by name. Even though some do nothing to the rifles but put their names on them. It must make them the manufacturer due to them bringing the firearm into the US.