Conversion back to sporter:(

My heart truly goes out to the free citizens of upstate, as the rest of the country usually judges you by the crap that goes on in NYC, it's moronic mayor and the insane governor. While I doubt there's much hope for the city, I hope the upstate folks kick herr Coumo to the curb, and vote someone in with a little common sense. I'm going to look around to see if I have any of my oem parts left and if anybody else needs them, they can have them. Better yet, think I'm going to start an oem parts thread.

I vote to not convert it back to import config.

Sorry it isn't a Saiga 12 because if you had a thumbhole stock on you could simply put a pistol grip on it to reduce it to 1 characteristic, apparently!

A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
2 CHARACTERISTICS:
3 (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;
4 (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;
5 (III) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE
6 NON-TRIGGER HAND;
7 (IV) A FIXED MAGAZINE CAPACITY IN EXCESS OF SEVEN ROUNDS;
8 (V) AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE; OR

Hey back to the converting back topic, why not just put the stock on and remove the pistol grip?

Maybe some one on here can sell you yhere old 5 round mags too

I see no reason to have to move the trigger back.

Also i would hold onto your parts incase the laws change back (or move out of state)

If your just switching stocks and removung the grip it should take you just a few minutes to do.

And lets not make the MISTAKE of thinking its ONE "EVIL" feature allowed....

NO...

Its POSSESSING ONE evil feature clinches it to being an assault weapon... There is no allowed anything anymore...

If its semi auto, has a detachable mag AND HAS ONE EVIL feature... then its EVIL and must be registered!

:smoke:

Hey back to the converting back topic, why not just put the stock on and remove the pistol grip?

Maybe some one on here can sell you yhere old 5 round mags too

I see no reason to have to move the trigger back.

Also i would hold onto your parts incase the laws change back (or move out of state)

If your just switching stocks and removung the grip it should take you just a few minutes to do.

I don't see what you are saying. If you leave the Saiga in converted form the trigger will be way forward of the factory stock. Besides if all Saiga's are to be banned, it won't matter what you do with the stock or trigger.

Another thing I don't get it why specifically call out the Saiga shotgun but not the rifles?

I had hoped to either convert my .223 back to the sporter style or get one of those MonsterMan Grip deals. They look kinda gay but would be simple and cheap.

RalphXL

post-15026-0-64000300-1358825187_thumb.png

Any AK‐ 47variant designed to fire ammunition in any caliber manufactured by the firms listed below:

Izhevsk Factory ‐ Russia

That would be all Saigas, as that factory is where they are Manufactured.

They didn't leave us anywhere to dance around this.

Also, notice how it starts off...

Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common models

They have time to modify the law still, I'm sure they are making a list and checking it twice...

Sell it on GB, you'll get your money you put in plus some. Then you can either buy something you can keep or apply it to moving costs.

May the force be with you

Might be doing something like this Mossberg 500.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Mossberg-500-JIC-II-Shotgun&i=GM443711

Would make a good home defense gun, and I would not have be registered as an evil "assault weapons" owner.

Jess

• Like 1

Converting back does nothing. the Saiga is named specifically.

Otherwise I would find a loophole as always.

example? Got 30 round AR pre bans? get a 458 socom, voila! 7 round mags!

I'm not seeing where Saiga rifles are named specifically. I have been going by this list;

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/RiflesthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

However Saiga shotguns ARE listed specificlly in the shotgun section;

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/ShotgunsthatAREclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

RalphXL

Any AK

47variant designed to fire ammunition in any caliber manufactured by the firms listed below:

The importer such as Russian American Arms or Arsenal are how they got Saiga rifles by name. Even though some do nothing to the rifles but put their names on them. It must make them the manufacturer due to them bringing the firearm into the US.

You gotta be kidding me. What in the fuck are these morons thinking??? Im sorry but the topic on gun control just gets me all fired up..ya ban a bunch of guns and turn the law abiding citizens into criminals for having guns they legally purchased and use them for nothing more than home defense and sporting purposes. The graphs they show on mainstream media (news) are all lies. Ever since the previous ban expired, the crime rate has went down a lot. If the ban goes through I am definatly not giving any of my guns up nor will i register shit with the NFA. Our second ammendment right today, another tomarrow.. Come on!

Edited by Spetnaz Soldier

I called the NY SAFE hotline and while these guys don't really no squat the detective there called me back after researching what a stock saiga sporter was. He said they are not considered a AW under the new law and do not need to be registred. Also this is directly fron the goveners website...Q: If I modify my gun by removing all design characteristics that makes it an assault weapon, do I have to register it?A: No. If you modify your gun so that it is not an assault weapon, you do not have to register it. The modification must be permanent however. This includes, for example, removing the bayonet lug by cutting or grinding, grinding off the threads on the barrel, removing the foregrip so that it cannot be readily reattached, or any change that cannot be reversed through reasonable means.

I also got clarifacation that a foregrip is a front pistol grip not a handguard

Edited by tokarz1

I cannot believe you are even entertaining the thought of modifying your legally purchased rifle to meet the demands of this bullshit, unconstitutional law. Like I said earlier, you need to get off your ass and use every single legal tool at your disposal to make it clear that it is unacceptable to trample your rights. Once you've done that, do it again. Mark my words. Your elected officials won't stop here. BTW a "sporter" saiga is still an AK.

Not entertaining a law that makes me a criminal for owning something I legally own now. They can fuck off. I feel bad for anyone that comes to get them if I'm home.I will consider it stealing from me and act accordingly.I'm comfortable with my choice. I did'nt break any fucking laws obtaining what I own.

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am in the same boat, and while this is my first post on the board, I have read a lot, learned a lot and made a few purchases.

That being said, and without the unecessary judgements from those that don't fully understand the situation that someone may be in. I am also in need of a stock FCG, and I'm willing to pay.

I can't move, I can't leave, I do write all of my legislators, I do protest, I do speak and stand up. I won't go into inventory or future plans, but I could really use some help. I am sure parts of this "SAFE Act" will be repealed, but the politicians got what they wanted, and it won't be easy, but trust me, we aren't roll over types in Upstate NY.

Edited by veudreaux

I have the stock parts from my S20 and my S308, which I will give to someone as a last resort, but I don't hear the fat bitch singn just yet. Let this shit go all the way through the wash plant before we start shipping parts around the country for nothing. I would really rather keep these parts, but will sacrifice to help my brothers in arms.

I don't see these NY laws lasting. Wait it out, I smell mass lawsuits.

^ THIS. Relax, nothing goes into effect for a whole year. That law WILL be challenged (thus putting a hold on them being able to implement it). Keep your conversion, wait it out. You'll regret changing/trading it when you'll probably have been able to keep it, in the long run, anyway. What's the rush?

• 3 weeks later...