Finding magazines

Where can I find any 20 round magazines in stock. I'd like to have some csspec metal mags but any would be better than none. Also anywhere I could find some factory 8 rounders? And what's the typical price for the factory mags?

Uinta Industries. http://uintaindustries.com/

They are the updated version of the old FBMG 20-round mag. They're in stock and they ship quickly. I ordered six of them after Christmas and got them in just a few days. They fit well in my rifle but I haven't had the chance to take them out and shoot them. They're all polymer, but so are the factory mags. They're also a lot lighter and better looking than the csspecs units.

Uinta Industries. http://uintaindustries.com/

They are the updated version of the old FBMG 20-round mag. They're in stock and they ship quickly. I ordered six of them after Christmas and got them in just a few days. They fit well in my rifle but I haven't had the chance to take them out and shoot them. They're all polymer, but so are the factory mags. They're also a lot lighter and better looking than the csspecs units.

I have some Uintas too, and they have given me no trouble (and the Uinta internals fixed the problems I was having with my FBMG mags too), but you can't necessarily say that just because the factory mags are plastic, that the Uintas will be just as strong. The Uintas are a lot longer and thus can exert more leverage on the lugs than the factory mag can, especially loaded. As I said, no trouble yet, but I've been buying the CSSpecs magazines, and I consider the Uintas to be backup equipment.

• Like 1

I have two of the SGM Tactical 25 rounders on the way from Midway. How do they compare to these other 20-25 rounders? Also, I have two old FBMG 20 rounders that never worked correctly. Will the Unita $14.95 rebuild kit fix them? TIA.

Edited by Ross Man

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered 4 to go with my original 2 from you. Is there any way to upgrade the old original ones with the new parts? My only complaint on on the originals is the baseplate.

I have two of the SGM Tactical 20 rounders on the way from Midway. How do they compare to these other 20 rounders? Also, I have two old FBMG 20 rounders that never worked correctly. Will the Unita $14.95 rebuild kit fix them? TIA.

Ross Man go to the webpage and email them directly. I asked them a question and they got back to me quickly.

Also, I have two old FBMG 20 rounders that never worked correctly. Will the Unita $14.95 rebuild kit fix them? TIA.

I can't say for sure if they will fix your FBMG mags, but they fixed mine. The Uinta followers exhibit less tendency to drag than the Russian parts that FBMG used, and the springs are stronger.

My vote is csspecs, they just shipped me one (along with some saiga 20 mags.

I do not care for polymer mags because...

1. Polymers fatigue faster than steel (strenth degrades faster resulting in earlier failures).

2. Cold temperatures make polymers brittle, increasing chance for breaking (this effect is much more pronounced for polymers than steel).

I really like my csspecs 20 rd mags. They fit well, feed well, and they feel more secure than the poly mags. I got them direct from csspecs. The 1st I got last year and I got 2 more last month. If you need more than 68 rounds before you get a chance to reload, it might be time to fallback and regroup. I know that more is better, but 68 rounds magged up should l get you out of any fight you have a shot at w/o reinforcements. Just my 2 ¢

68 rounds should be enough but I like to have a miniuim or 10 mag for all my guns. I bought the three pack of uintas and they all lock in great and seem fine. I'll be shooting them this week some time. Since I started to reload I'm a total brass hound and have to get set up so I don't lose any brass.

Gotta give Uinta Industries. http://uintaindustries.com/ an A+++ for customer service. I bought a 3 pack of their mags after reading this thread. Order was shipped out the very next day and arrived within 2 days of the order. Later, had a slight problem with an item and sent them an email to them around 9 pm at night. To my surprise, they responded within 5 mins and shipped out a requested item the very next morning. Great service at a time when parts, ammo, and firearms are in huge demand. Mags work very well and solidly built.

Looking forward to trying cssspecs mags as well when they become available again.

ive got bought three uinta and i havent really had the ammo to give them a real test but i have had a few malfunctions when they are fully loaded with the 20th round down to about the 17th, but like i said i havent had the ammo to really know what the problem is so ill wait to contact them. i did get one 15 csspec mag and it had a few problems and i sent them a message on here and got a prompt reply and im happy about that mag, im not saying bad things about the unitas yet just that the two mags full ive ran both had problems till i got down to about the 15th round

you may need to check your 3rd lug on your bolt. mine would drag and dent the rounds coming off the left side of the mag. a lot of 308s need a little polishing and rounding of the 3rd lug expecialy on a full mag. read up and check it out I think I just used sandpaper on mine.

i dont really like the idea of taking away material from the bolt but it does scrap some of the cases

there are several threds on this mostly just round it off a little and smooth the sharp edge that gouges rounds 5 minuts with sandpaper is all it takes

Id really like to find some us made ten rounders for my 308...any ideas?

There really isn't a whole lot in stock right now anywhere but it looks like Natchezss has ProMags in stock for a little too much money. I would just wait until csspecs restocks 10 rounders again, the last two I bought are really nice and I plan on buying several more when they're back in stock.

ive bought one promag a 42 round ar15 mag. really just for the looks of it good thing too since its junk. it does look cool hanging out of my 9" blackout pistol though, i say its the american version of osama bin laden's aks74u