Folding stock options without cutting the tang? Who manufactures one?

• 2 weeks later...

mancat beat me to it. I've got wire folders on 2 of mine, with grenade pad on both. Very little recoil. I think my AR kicks harder. Slugs and 00Buck. Original factory monte carlo stock bruised me up and hurt after very few rounds. Wire folder, one day went out and put 345 rds. through it, 00Buck and slugs, and some value pak. No bruise, no pain. Next build, I have a DPH skeleton stock, and a hinge block that has built in 3% drop, with a limbsaver pad. We'll see how that goes. lol.

The wire folders beat some people up, some don't mind at all. I like mine a lot. I don't have any problems with the cheek weld either, which is another common complaint about the wire folders.

The Beryl folder is a much more comfortable stock though by comparison, and is pretty similar to the Bonesteel stock in design and appearance - well, this one at least: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82285-bonesteel-arms-folding-stock/ . The folding block is full steel though, and includes a pistol grip reinforcement bracket - though this part is sometimes missing from the surplus stocks.

I wish less people would cut the tang off, because it ruins a lot of a resale value of the gun IMO. But if you're like me you generally don't sell any guns.

Edited by mancat