Saiga Reliability kit question ....

I heard and see the saiga 12 Reliability kits and have heard some good things about them..I've also heard of guys with 410's saying they helped with jamming problems the 410 is known for with the cheaper ammo.But I dont see a reliability kit for the 410.Is it the same kit..I would think the springs are the same..how about the adjusting knob and puck ? Heres a link to what I'm talking about.. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail

Thanks

NEVER MIND..I just went to another site and at the bottom it says will work on ALL Saiga's including the 410......anyone have one in there gun ? ?

When you speak of tuning...what are you refering too..I'm actually thinking of honing out the portion of the barrle where the shell goes in..just a little ...and then polishing it because I'm getting a lot of shells stuck in the barrle..not only will the extractor nor pull them out but its a chore to get them out with a small pick or screwdriver...Other than that I've cleaned the heck out of it and made sure the gas tube is clear...what all do you suggest.

Do not grind on anything until you are absolutely necessary that it needs to be done. Don't want to be a "Bubba". The first place to start is checking the gas ports and make sure they are not obstructed, the proper amount are present, and they are the proper size. The way to work on these shotguns is one step at a time. There is all the info on this forum that you could ever need, just take it step by step. Gas ports 1st

• Like 1

My biggest issue is that the shells so tight that the extractor cant pull them out... not all of them mine you..just some.But once one stick the gun is usless.And cleaning and polishing didn't help so I just thought if I could back it just a little bit bigger..........The other problem is from time to time the tip if the shell catches on the .. feed ramp or hood..not sure what its called.This doesn't happen often..but it happens.

Hmm...didn't know they had 1st and 2nd gen's of these...I know mind only has 2 gas settings..i thought saw somewhere in here that someone only had 1 setting.I've been doing so much research and browsing I forget where I've seen a lot of this stuff.

I did some checking and see that Brownells as well as other gun shops sell Shotgun barrel hones and chamber hones...I'm going to invest in one and see if that cures my problem..I don't really have a problem with it cycling .. my issue seems to be shells getting stuck in the chamber.And since I have a hard time getting them out even with a pick or screwdriver I would say theres no way to expect the extractor to get them out.Then I'll polish up the feed ramps and cross my fingers...Theres a gun show nearby today..maybe I can find a hone there rather than mail order and get this thing working by the end of the weekend......if I can find one of theses > > > > > > > >

http://coolstuffs.edublogs.org/2012/11/28/shotgun-barrel-polishing-flex-hone-flex-hone-410-chamber/

Edited by posttal