Typical Wait Time?

Placed order 2 days ago and have not received email confirmation of order, been charged, or any other activity. I'll post my progress here so that others may gauge / compare their own experience. I sure hope items listed as available are actually available. It looks promising to be accurate since so many items are not available. Lets hope that logic holds.

I just checked their facebook page sevenspeed. It looks like there are still orders from customers from late last year that have not been fulfilled yet. I know they have to be swamped with customers right now. They say UPS is doing multiple pickups a day on orders. I called them today and left a voicemail so hopefully they can give me an update next week or so. My status still says queued (ordered 1-13).

Edit: I see on January 4th, they say allow 7-10 days for processing orders. Guessing ours is a little more time than that.

Edited by cac

Appreciate the info. I am used to a website's stock status to actually mean something. Today, I see there are less models 'in stock', so this again leads me to believe they are updating their inventory status. Same logic says my order is good and that I am just waiting.

Not against waiting, just appreciate the right expectation.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody have any experience on the typical wait time for processing an order? Thank you in advance.

This is on the Front of our page:

Due to an intensely high volume of orders, processing will take up to 2 weeks to complete. We apologize for any inconvenience. To make sure there are NO delays, read our FAQ section here to make sure you do your part to help the process.

This means that by the time we receive and process the order (for warehouse to pack and ship), it is 2 weeks past. We are doing our best to catch up on orders.

Copy of FAQ section:

Q: What do I need to provide in order to purchase a firearm from K-Var?

A: If you are purchasing Firearm(s): You must provide us in the note field (in step 2 of check-out), your FFL Holder's Company or Name and FFL Address. The FFL holder must also FAX us a copy of their FFL to Fax: 1 (702) 307-2303, if they are not yet on file. Also note that we can only ship it to the FFL's address, please change (modify) your shipping address to the FFL Holder's Address to avoid any delays.

YOU must alert your dealer to supply us with a valid a Federal Firearms License or FFL. Orders will not be processed without it. Please make sure the FFL is not expired and that all correspondence contains the following information:

• Dealer’s Name
  • Dealer’s Address
  • Dealer’s E-mail or Phone Number
  • Customer’s Name
  • Customer’s Order Number

If any of the above information is missing, or if the FFL is expired, K-VAR will not be able to move forward with processing. Once all necessary information is in place, please have your dealer e-mail or fax the FFL to K-VAR at:

· Fax: 702.307.2303

· Email: ffl@k-var.com (preferable)

Due to demand and current, unprecedented circumstances industry-wide; it is now the customer’s responsibility to see that a valid FFL with necessary information is sent to K-VAR. If your credit card has not been charged within 5 days of your order placement, this may indicate that K-Var has not yet received an FFL OR the one we did receive is either expired or has missing/incorrect information. Should either be the case, K-VAR will NOT be responsible for obtaining a valid FFL or necessary missing information.

I understand. I ordered a gun off of a website last month. Apparently the IT guy never updated the website and they were out of stock. That mistake has pretty much costed me a couple of hundred dollars now in today's market.

How do you figure this mistake and that it cost you $$$? Just curious.. It is rare that we have a firearm in-stock that was really out-of-stock. We also don't charge your card live, meaning that your card is only charged once the order is ready to ship from the warehouse. Not even an authorization hold.

I understand. I ordered a gun off of a website last month. Apparently the IT guy never updated the website and they were out of stock. That mistake has pretty much costed me a couple of hundred dollars now in today's market.

How do you figure this mistake and that it cost you $$$? Just curious.. It is rare that we have a firearm in-stock that was really out-of-stock. We also don't charge your card live, meaning that your card is only charged once the order is ready to ship from the warehouse. Not even an authorization hold.

I ordered a gun from a company in December when the average price of a Saiga gun was around $700-750. I was waiting for this business to fulfill my order. They respond to my emails a couple of weeks later saying that they were out of stock and they had not updated their website. By this time guns are over $1000 to purchase.

I ordered on Jan 21st. A few days later it showed K-Var website the rifle I was buying as sold out. This worried me a bit and hoped that their website was reflecting realtime stock. Finally got notice the other day that my order shipped with a UPS tracking number. K-Var is really swamped, but they have been holding good to their word. They have been trying to keep customers up to date on their facebook page. My only concern is that I would have liked some kind of confirmation that they did receive my FFL information to have let me know that they had all the info they needed (maybe set up an auto reply for your ffl@k-var.com email address to let customers know that their FFL info at least made it to your mailbox). I can take the wait. I knew that they were behind when ordering it. Cannot imagine the chaos they must be going through in this historic industry high demand. But they have been good to their word in my situation as well as telling everyone that they should expect 2 to 4 weeks waits for orders to process and ship.

On top of all this, K-Var isn't price gouging (much) with historic demand as many many other places are. Probably the main reason they are swamped.

• Like 2

I ordered my Saiga 12 (SGL12-07) from K-Var on Jan 27, a Sunday.

I got a shipping email on Feb 8.

My gun showed up at my dealer today, Feb 12.

Everything is with the gun and processing seemed to take the amount of time shown on their website. Gun looks great and I can't wait for my background check to come through so I can start shooting it.