Can anyone tell me what this S-12 is worth?

I'm looking to buy this gun, I think my post in the Saiga forum was deleted.

It's on gunbroker, 18" barrel, threaded, 4 ports, autoplug, AR grip, fixed stock, magpul grip, polychoke flash hider, barrel mounted front sight, peep rear, 3x 5 round mags. And two tone paint, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link.

Anyone?

I don't know if this breaks the "fishing for values" rule or not for non-members.

Anyway, tough to answer really since prices are in out of control panic mode.

Look at recent closing prices of similar guns for a rough idea.

First thing is...is it 922r compliant? What kind of trigger group does it have? Are the mags US or Russian? Reliable? Mileage? Warranty? Prices right now are crazy...could go up or down. Question is....how much do you want this shotgun and how much $$$ are you prepared to pay? Dunno. HB of CJ

First thing is...is it 922r compliant? What kind of trigger group does it have? Are the mags US or Russian? Reliable? Mileage? Warranty? Prices right now are crazy...could go up or down. Question is....how much do you want this shotgun and how much $$$ are you prepared to pay? Dunno. HB of CJ

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326401930

Says it's 922r, says very low milage... I need to know what is fair, and I'll take a little off of that to make my bid ;) I just wouldn't want to over-pay.

Yeah Juggs deemed it fishing

I'm not exactly following that. I'll guess someone thought it was spam? Whatever, no issues.

Says it's 922r, says very low milage... I need to know what is fair, and I'll take a little off of that to make my bid wink.png I just wouldn't want to over-pay.

I'm not exactly following that. I'll guess someone thought it was spam? Whatever, no issues.

Unless you're a contributor, as in donated money to the forum and have the fancy title under where your avatar goes, it is against forum rules to ask for appraisals on any guns.

Regardless... anything you get for auction prices on gunbroker right now, you are overpaying. It just depends on how much you're willing to overpay to get what you want.

Says it's 922r, says very low milage... I need to know what is fair, and I'll take a little off of that to make my bid wink.png I just wouldn't want to over-pay.

Forum rules that you agreed to upon creating an account here.. you are in violation of them, ......again...

1.B NO FISHING FOR VALUES OR PRICE QUOTES IF YOU ARE NOT A CONTRIBUTOR...

Please do not mention or start threads saying that you "thinking about selling" unless you are a member of he "Contributors" group as DOING THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM WELL BE CONSIDERED AS ADVERTISING OR POSTING AN AD.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

"Not the place to inquire, unless you are a contributer", should have been the only reply but , we can school you on how to figure it out for yourself.

Call your local gun stores and ask about price history.

Jugs.... This guy is looking for advice on buying. I've gleamed priceless info from other forum members, here, on the general value of Saigas. I apologize if I'm outta line.

Edited by Sim_Player
"Not the place to inquire, unless you are a contributer", should have been the only reply but , we can school you on how to figure it out for yourself.

Call your local gun stores and ask about price history.

Jugs.... This guy is looking for advice on buying. I've gleamed priceless info from other forum members, here, on the general value of Saigas. I apologize if I'm outta line.

Or go to the store tab, make a $5 contribution (or whatever amount you want to give) and operate within the Forum rules as a contributor. I'm not knocking anyone here, but it's a small price to pay to enjoy the forum and its members expertise to the fullest. That way you can ask these types of questions and sell items on the forum.

• Like 4

It looks to be a low end basic conversion with a DIY TG & plastic plugs that any hack can do.
Maybe the ports are drilled, that could be good, could be bad, depending on if they over-gassed it to get it to run like many hacks do.

I'd rather get a stock one, and tune it myself personally.

As for what it's worth, I'd say the price of the gun + parts tops. Maybe a touch less.

I wouldn't pay more for the labor due to the uncertainty of it possibly being overgassed to get it to run the really light stuff with the auto plug.
I've just seen too many people who don't know their ass from a hole in the wall and just play the drill until it runs game. Many don't care about balance & building them for durability as well as dependability. They're just out to make a buck.

So yeah, it could go either way. Hard to tell.

One good thing you can tell from the pictures is there's a lot of meat around the op-rod & not many threads are showing. That's a good thing for carrier durability. The female ends of the carriers very in depth at times.

But as for the whole "light use" part, the carrier's paint where they wear and the finish that's worn off on the pictured mag's spring steel feed lips say otherwise.

I'm guessing dude painted it to spruce it up and is seeing how much he can get during the panic due to how he worded his ad.

If I got it, I'd first check the ports, and if they're bigger than .078, install a Tom Cole HD Op-rod, making sure it bottomed out so the stresses aren't transferred to the threads of the female part of the carrier.

• Like 1

If I got it, I'd first check the ports, and if they're bigger than .078,

Yep... been there, done that, don't want to again. It's what you do it seems, but I enjoy shooting the guns way more than dicking with them :)

I emailed the guy last night, he said 4 ports at 5/64. So, seems like it's good to go. I put a bid in on it, we'll see where it goes I guess!

Hey man...... nevermind. haha.gif

It looks to be a low end basic conversion with a DIY TG & plastic plugs that any hack can do.
Maybe the ports are drilled, that could be good, could be bad, depending on if they over-gassed it to get it to run like many hacks do.

If I got it, I'd first check the ports, and if they're bigger than .078,

Yep... been there, done that, don't want to again. It's what you do it seems, but I enjoy shooting the guns way more than dicking with them smile.png

I emailed the guy last night, he said 4 ports at 5/64. So, seems like it's good to go. I put a bid in on it, we'll see where it goes I guess!

Well then I definitely wouldn't buy it, because the guy's a liar, or a fool & I wouldn't want to trust either's work when making explosions happen next to my face.

The ad says it's 4 ports at 9/32" which would be .28" (over 1/4" EACH), which is unheard of. It'd be absolutely insane and would break the thing or send the carrier into your forehead if you fired one or two 3" magnum rounds out of it.

I'm pretty sure (or at least hope like all hell) that he meant 4 ports at 3/32 which is 25% more gas than the most that reputable builders will put on a gun that they don't tell people is purely a racegun or low recoil 2 3/4" buckshot gun, and NOT a gun designed for 3" magnum loads repeatedly.

Then him telling you 5/64ths, would mean he KNOWS he overgassed it, but is lying directly to you.

They had to do 4 at 3/32, because the builder doesn't know how to tune the gun properly.

I'm betting he put the poly choke on there because even after drilling the shit out of it, he still couldn't get it to run bulk pack with the auto plug reefed all the way down, so he used the poly choke to add barrel length back.

Then in the most classic part of the ad, the guy's saying "Earth Brown and factory black TwoTone finish (meant to flake and chip with hard use for a lot-of-character look later on)"

Which translates to; "I don't know how to prep to save my life or I was just too lazy, so I cleaned it off with break fluid and spray painted the damned thing because it was looking like shit, but even I, the guy who painted it know the shit's going to flake off given the slightest amount of flex or abrasion"

Yeah....

lmao. happy.png

Seriously, thank the Lord if you get outbid.

It only takes a few hours worth of work to get these things running like a raped ape without overgassing them if one hits all the trouble spots.

All the information's on the forum.

That gun COULD run the auto plug with 3 ports at the size I'm pretty sure he's trying to say if he'd done his resistance reduction right.

You seem excited, and I know it's easy to get into a buying frenzy, but that gun's a polished turd, brother.

Just be prepared.

At least if you do get it, DO get a CSS performance puc to reduce the running start the puc has before slamming into the op-rod due to the higher flow rate of the gas, and install a Tom Cole HD Op-rod, and fit it right, so it bottoms out in the carrier so over time if the SHTF & the gun's using all high powered rounds, the carrier won't end up splitting from the increased violence while cycling high powered loads because the builder lacked understanding of the platform.

I'm sure it could be made into a good gun for long term durability under heavy use, but as it sits, it's like a POS car that got a new Earl Scheib paintjob, and by looking at the ad, it looks like the guy's a cheesy used car salesman type trying to justify his incompetence.

Good luck to the guy. Someone will buy it, but your thread asks how much it's worth, and seriously... I wouldn't pay as much as I would for a used, unconverted gun that a guy told me right to my face didn't run for shit the first time he took it out, so he just put it in the back of the safe and went back to his 870.

At least then I would know the dude likely didn't fuck as much up.

I mean it's your money, and true, most of these likely won't see battle, but if they do, it'd be nice if they were years long durable under the stresses of the more deadly rounds.

Anyhow, you asked, I answered.

Good luck with your purchase.

P.S.

Don't message the guy and tell him his typo on the ports.

That part alone will ensure nobody who knows the guns will trust the guy, and if you really want it, you'll have less competition. 032.gif

• Like 1