• 1 year later...

To better answer you question, that is usually helped by profiling the bottom of the bolt. It helps to load a mag on closed bolt, and to allow the bolt to slip across the next round in mag. This is all assuming you don't have interference with the bolt-feed lips, as that is a magazine issue.

• Like 1

MAMASSINGALE,

AGREE WITH WAGNIKOV, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SHARP ANGLES ON THE BOTTOM SIDE OF THE BOLT/CARRIER THAT CAN STAND TO BE ROUNDED-OFF A BIT.

LOOK UP THROUGH THE EMPTY MAGWELL AS YOU SLOWLY CYCLE THE BOLT BACK AND FORTH, AND YOU WILL SEE THEM.

DO NOT REDUCE THE HEIGHT OF THE RIB THAT PICKS UP THE SHELL FROM THE MAG!

HOW WELL DOES IT FEED FROM STICK MAGS?

FYI, SAIGASTOCK HAS 2 1/2" MAGS, SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL LENGTHS OF .410 SHELLS.

ANOTHER THING THAT HELPED MINE, IT SEEMED AS THOUGH IT WAS "OVERSPRUNG" STRENGTH-WISE.

SEVERAL OTHERS HAVE OBSERVED THE SAME THING, WITH SOME TAKING THE DRUM OPEN, AND RESETTING THE SPRING TO ANOTHER ADJUSTMENT HOLE WITH RESULTING LESS TENSION.

I JUST TOOK MINE, LOADED IT FULL, AND LET IT SET THAT WAY FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, LETTING THE SPRING TAKE A BIT OF A SET.

WITH MY LUCK, I FIGURED THAT IF I OPENED THAT DRUM UP, THERE'D BE SPRINGS, DIALS, LEVERS, AND LORD KNOWS WHAT ELSE ERUPTING UP OUT OF IT.

A MODICUM OF CAREFUL, REPEAT, SLOW AND CAREFUL ROUNDING OF THE SHARP ANGLES YOU OBSERVE AND LEAVING THAT MAG LOADED TO "COOK" SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

I ALSO REPLACED THE FACTORY GAS PLUG WITH ONE OF GUNFIX'R'S ORIGINAL 12GA. GAS PLUGS, AND YES, THEY ARE THE SAME DIMENSION AS THE FACTORY PLUG.

LET US KNOW HOW YOU FARE.......

JESS1344

Just an  idea,,

Take a picture of a known working mag. in your Saiga ,and a picture with the drum installed .

This might make it more easy to see what adjustments need to be made , or if you have received a "bad" drum.

me

Edited by {ROS}_me