Does anyone know if there are any crime statistics that show how many "assault" weapons are actually used in crimes and specifically how many Saigas? Shotguns vs rifles vs handguns perhaps?

It would seem that most of us are not only responsible gun owners, but treat our Saigas as prized possessions. It just doesn't make sense that someone would spend the time and effort on a Saiga to use it in a crime. Far more likely for a criminal to use a cheap throw away.

I've searched the forums for this topic and didn't find it. If I've stepped on any toes, sorry from a Newbie. I love my Saiga-12. I consider it more than a toy. It is a great all around gun. Capable with slugs for hunting and not bad for shooting clays. Not fit for sporting my a$$! (And continued thanks for all the great tips on making this gun a jewel!)

Does anyone know if there are any crime statistics that show how many "assault" weapons are actually used in crimes and specifically how many Saigas? Shotguns vs rifles vs handguns perhaps?

It would seem that most of us are not only responsible gun owners, but treat our Saigas as prized possessions. It just doesn't make sense that someone would spend the time and effort on a Saiga to use it in a crime. Far more likely for a criminal to use a cheap throw away.

I've searched the forums for this topic and didn't find it. If I've stepped on any toes, sorry from a Newbie. I love my Saiga-12. I consider it more than a toy. It is a great all around gun. Capable with slugs for hunting and not bad for shooting clays. Not fit for sporting my a$$! (And continued thanks for all the great tips on making this gun a jewel!)

Cant say I agree with the statement about what the criminals would more likely use. If the gun was stolen (as most of the ones that are used in crimes normally are stolen) it wouldnt matter to the criminal one way or another if the weapon had been modded or not. It has a trigger and things that hurt, jump out at the end of it in a fairly quick manner.

Don't care what was used in a crime.Does it matter.

Do you ask a rape victim if the dick she was assaulted with was a footlong or an incher.

A crime is a crime no matter the type or category of weapon used.

If you want to know these numbers I'm pretty sure some liberal will have the stats your looking for.

• Like 2

I recall one clown tried to hold up a fast food restaurant drive-thru with a saiga 12. I believe he had it propped on the windowsill of his car, accidentally engaged the mag release, and the magazine fell out during the stickup. I'll let you guys imagine how the rest of it went, haha.

• Like 1

Just asking because of the absurdity of the bills being introduced by the gun grabbers. Like has been said above, the type doesn't matter. Goes to my thought of "Why pick on us?" Should we ban red cars from the road because they look fast?

And by the way, I don't trust any statistics spouted by liberals. They would have you think that guns cause everything from the common cold to teenage pregnancy.

(If I keep on like this, we may have to move this to the political section.)

I've seen a few drug seizures press releases with tapcoed 7.62 models. Mostly a big one from Mexico.

Then there was a fish and game officer killed in Oregon on a mountain with an S12 a couple of years ago.

A few people thought that the gun in the trunk of the sandyhook guy was an S12 with bulgy thumbhole.

That's all I am aware of. Pretty small number considering how many there are in country.

The Federal Government hasn't done any adequate gun policy studies in years. Hence the President's 14th executive order directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

And by the way, I don't trust any statistics spouted by liberals. They would have you think that guns cause everything from the common cold to teenage pregnancy.

My son was born a year ago today. Now only if I would have kept that magnum in my pants...

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

The Federal Government hasn't done any adequate gun policy studies in years. Hence the President's 14th executive order directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

UH NO.

#14 is not a good thing. The CDC was expressly prohibited from using tax payer money for doing "studies" because they were most notably done on the behalf of anti-gun administrations. The best example being the bullshit "study" in 93 that "proved" gun ownership was a hazzard to your helth, it was used to push the 94 AWB. If you want your own money working against you, then by all means wait for what the CDC "finds".

The otherside of this is that the last thing the CDC commented on was that the 94-04 AWB had little effect on crime. Published during the Bush admin. But I certainly do not expect an Obama CDC to be fair or even misleading, I expect it to be filthy with lies and worked stats.

Just asking because of the absurdity of the bills being introduced by the gun grabbers. Like has been said above, the type doesn't matter. Goes to my thought of "Why pick on us?" Should we ban red cars from the road because they look fast?

(If I keep on like this, we may have to move this to the political section.)

They would pick on a fat kid with a box of donuts if it would push their agenda.

They see all guns as bad.I remember growing up hearing something about toy guns looking too real and should be banned because it only influences kids.

Latest research I did (last few days) indicated that rifles are used in about 300 homicides per year. I don't have a figure on shotguns, though. The vast majority of gun-related homicide is from handguns.

ETA: Found the study I was looking at the other day. Rifles are used in 358 homicides; shotguns are used in 373 homicides annually. No figure on the particular brand of firearm used in each case.

Edited by Azatty
I recall one clown tried to hold up a fast food restaurant drive-thru with a saiga 12. I believe he had it propped on the windowsill of his car, accidentally engaged the mag release, and the magazine fell out during the stickup. I'll let you guys imagine how the rest of it went, haha.

I remember that story.... it was a Dunkin' Donuts I think.

IIRC, one shot fired, nobody hurt, bad guy arrested.