Legion IZ-447 Saiga 12

That model has a magazine well on it, so no, it will not take the standard rock-n-lock style magazines. You need to buy the magazines for the VEPR-12, or the Saiga magazines made for the Russian mag-well. The SGM magazines made for the Legion Magwells and the VEPR-12 will both fit. I have used them in my IZ-433, which uses the same magazine well as the IZ-447

Edited by JayLT4
Where or who makes magazines for this shotgun. It won't take the standard Saiga 12 magazine or drum.

Original factory 8 round magwell magazines are currently available only thru rusmilitary.com for about $150 USD each. There are other vendors who sell them but I haven't found any currently in stock.

The SGM magazines made for the Legion Magwells and the VEPR-12 will both fit. I have used them in my IZ-433, which uses the same magazine well as the IZ-447

Your saying the SGM Vepr mags work with the Izhmash original factory magwell? If that's right it's good news. We've been asking that question for awhile now... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83528-magazine-consolidation-v12-s12/

And even presented it in the SGM forum with no response... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83692-interchangeability-of-vepr-12-and-saiga-12-030-magazines/

What I don't understand is why aren't these SGM magazines being advertised as being cross compatible? Why is there a magazine for the legion and another for the 030?

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
Who sells these or who makes them?

The make is SGM...

The magazine model numbers for the Izhmash magwell are SGMT1210L & SGMT1212L.

The magazine model numbers for the Vepr magwell are SGMTV1210 & SGMTV1212

When you start finding these in stock post to the official unofficial SGM magazine thread... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83499-sgm-magazines/page-2

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
Where or who makes magazines for this shotgun. It won't take the standard Saiga 12 magazine or drum.

Original factory 8 round magwell magazines are currently available only thru rusmilitary.com for about $150 USD each. There are other vendors who sell them but I haven't found any currently in stock.

The SGM magazines made for the Legion Magwells and the VEPR-12 will both fit. I have used them in my IZ-433, which uses the same magazine well as the IZ-447

Your saying the SGM Vepr mags work with the Izhmash original factory magwell? If that's right it's good news. We've been asking that question for awhile now... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83528-magazine-consolidation-v12-s12/

And even presented it in the SGM forum with no response... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83692-interchangeability-of-vepr-12-and-saiga-12-030-magazines/

What I don't understand is why aren't these SGM magazines being advertised as being cross compatible? Why is there a magazine for the legion and another for the 030?

Yes, I have two of the SGM 10-round VEPR-12 magazines and they fit and feed fine in my Saiga 12-030 (IZ433) model.

It's called Saiga Police mags.

Where? Oleg from Russmilitary or Dirk from PlanetofGun...

Has anyone ordered from Planet-of-Gun? Their website says they don't ship outside the EU.

Can you change out the magwell? Mine is plastic and is only held in by a couple of screws.

Take off the magwell and use rock-n-locks? No dice! The receiver has been modified for the magwell making it incompatible with standard magazines. Maybe material can be added but I haven't seen or heard of anyone on this site doing so.

Can you change out the magwell? Mine is plastic and is only held in by a couple of screws.

If you are in the mood for a big project, then yes, you can do it. You would have to weld some material all around the magwell cutout of the receiver.

Since magwell mags are available, it would be easier to just buy some of those.

It is also possible to modify rock-and-lock mags to work in the magwell

It is also possible to modify rock-and-lock mags to work in the magwell

That^

I would get any S12 stick mags that you can right now, like SGM or AGP and mod them to work in the magwell, if you can't find the magwell specific mags.

It's pretty easy to make the R&L mags work in the magwell guns.