Me and the wife are currently talking about a move there just trying to find out if my current employer has a factory there since they have factories everywhere itss a good chance they do

Be a little bit selective. There are some spots in Texas even I would not live in.

Find out where they could move you to and then do your research.

Bill

Me and the wife are currently talking about a move there just trying to find out if my current employer has a factory there since they have factories everywhere itss a good chance they do

Be a little bit selective. There are some spots in Texas even I would not live in.

Bill

All the rats from Katrina still in Houston?

Bill

Yea.....they are still here along with a few hundrend thousand undocumented immigrants, and a shitload of Yankees fleeing blue states.

Texas isn't what it used to be.

• Like 2

Bill

Yea.....they are still here along with a few hundred thousand ILLEGAL immigrants, and a shitload of Yankees fleeing blue states.

Texas isn't what it used to be.

• Like 1
I see this moving to Fight Club VERY soon.

We can't control where we're born, but we CAN control where we live!

It has nothing to do with WHERE you're born or chose to live. It's the values that you bring with you when you do move. Having a single, common interest (in this case, gun ownership) is usually not enough to overcome the other differences. Most yankees have a set of value, mind set and attitude towards life in general that is contrary to Southern culture. There in lies the conflict.

Damn I wanna move to Texas. People be hating on us Yankees though. I have a buddy with a bed down there though. I'm waiting to see what CT does with gun laws though. Sounds like they want a NY style ban. I fucking hate the blue libs up here. Edited to fix typo.

Edited by 86camaro
Damn I wanna move to Texas. People be hating on us Yankees though. I have a buddy with a bed down there though. I'm waiting to see what CT does with gun laws though. Sounds like they want a NY style ban. I fucking hate the blue libs up here. Edited to fix typo.

Alot that "hatin"" could be from the overuse (and misuse) of the word "though". (hint, hint)

There is a lot of toleration in the south for many things, but bad manners and poor diction ain't among them.

Macbeau sends...

Don't worry. I won't come to Texas. I live here. I fight here!

I wouldn't fit in anyhow. I don't speak Spanish.

Patriot, I respect you for making a stand there. But remember, you would still be welcome here in Texas since by your own words and actions you are a brother in arms. You might just fit in better than you think. Remember to bring a wicked sense of humor with you, you're gonna get picked at a bit. But we also expect you to give it right back to us in spades!

And yeah, about that Spanish thing..

I live right here on the border of Mexico and even though I understand the Tex/Mex Spanish just fine I don't speak it on this side of the bridge. And it tends to make them kind of "reset" when you answer in American English. Lots of folks do it out of habit, without any intention of harm, but after a couple times they seem to get the concept. When I go to Mexico, I speak in Spanish unless I am addressed in English first. Point of respect as far as I'm concerned. I'm in their home, it's only right to use their language if I can. I expect the same respect out of them if they can speak english.

Just as a point of irritation, I have friends here who speak Russian and German and the occasional outright anger I sometimes see when we publicly speak with each other is just amazing. A man who was having a conversation in Spanish with someone else heard us speaking in Russian and not only became irritated but after a few minutes literally screamed at us (in English, no less) "STOP MAKING THAT NOISE AND SHUT THE F**K UP! WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR S***T! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!" MOTHERF*****G BAS***DS!

Woah! Immediate, expanding circle of silent attention. This happened in the middle of the mall's food court on a Saturday afternoon.

Mall security was not entertained and he was invited to leave the area. He started railing that we were harassing him and should be forced to leave. ID's were requested of course when the mall's city PD officer arrived.

We produced ID on request (having a chaplain's card does me no harm at all, neither does retired military ID, which we all had. Military town with lots of retirees)

Yeah, he was an extreme case of hater, but what's sauce for the goose, you know. He and his family were strongly encouraged to finish eating and move along.

I know, I know. I should be ashamed for provoking him

I should be the better man and not be like this..

But I'm not. And I won't change a bit. Stubborn old Sod.

• Like 1
Don't worry. I won't come to Texas. I live here. I fight here!

I wouldn't fit in anyhow. I don't speak Spanish.

Just as a point of irritation, I have friends here who speak Russian and German and the occasional outright anger I sometimes see when we publicly speak with each other is just amazing. A man who was having a conversation in Spanish with someone else heard us speaking in Russian and not only became irritated but after a few minutes literally screamed at us (in English, no less) "STOP MAKING THAT NOISE AND SHUT THE F**K UP! WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR S***T! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!" MOTHERF*****G BAS***DS!

Another ignorant mexican schwienhund.

When we had the German Air Force and Army troops stationed here the dependents had a fairly lively community going on and we had real German food restaurants. Little cafe style restaurants popped up all over being created and run by the German wives. Clean, neat little places in small strip malls near the base.

And the food... Lord, the food was awesome, we all bugged off base at lunchtime to these little places and of course were barely coherent from overeating when we returned to work. I would cheerfully give up six weeks of my current lifetime for another gallon of that potato soup.

Tex Mex, eh.. I've been in the southwest a little to long I guess. Gotten kind of jaded on that food. Still love it though.