mag question

I just bought 2 40 round plastic Bulgarian AK mags (7.62x39) at a local store for $30. Has anyone used these before and how well do they work? Also, i have an unconverted Saiga and was wondering if i install my bullet guide and grind the mag catch down a hair, is there any possible way i can use my Surefire Saiga mags and these new 40 rounders after the conversion?

Also is the brass cased Chinese steel core ammo any good? I have a lead on some and would like to hear what you guys think.

Thank you

You sure? Im not questioning your knowledge but I've read a few places where it says they're illegal for import but if they're already here it's fine. My buddy just tonight bought an 800 round can of Federal 5.56 steel core ammo at fleet farm for $359....

Edited by dubya

I hear those are really good. I had ordered some slabsides from classic, but I called just to make sure they had steel feed lips. They didnt, so I cancelled and went with polish mags instead. Gotta say, I am pretty impressed with the polish mags.

They're a tad loose but seem good quality. I haven't shot anything mags yet, im waiting until Saturday when my new AR comes. I have 6 different AK mags i need to test so it should be a fun day! First time ever shooting an AK.