no divots for the safety to stop in???

I need to do this to mine too! For those of you that did drill your detents, what paint did you use that best matches the original Saiga color? So far I haven't found a match for my rifles or shotgun.

Duplicolor 1634 low gloss black.

It's much easier & faster to paint the whole gun.

• Like 1
I need to do this to mine too! For those of you that did drill your detents, what paint did you use that best matches the original Saiga color? So far I haven't found a match for my rifles or shotgun.

To paint the divots? Why? You're just going to remove the paint after a few times switching the safety.

I've yet to see my divots or the ubiquitous safety scratch rust.

• Like 1

I've had a can of exhaust paint that I've been using and it seems to match pretty good.

Am I the only one that never even uses the safety? My gun has two stages. Empty... Ready to fire with finger off trigger till I'm ready to destroy something. Maybe this habit started the more I started carrying my Glock.

So now I'm curious. Am I the only one?

• Like 2

There is a difference between the safe-action trigger of a glock and a standard AK trigger. Not to mention that the Glock has a firing pin safety and a drop safety.

But if you guys leave the forward most part of the plate, cutting behind that rivet, you can use the original selector stop that came with the gun.

• Like 1

I've had a can of exhaust paint that I've been using and it seems to match pretty good.

Am I the only one that never even uses the safety? My gun has two stages. Empty... Ready to fire with finger off trigger till I'm ready to destroy something. Maybe this habit started the more I started carrying my Glock.

I pity the guy in front of you, if you are walking through some brush, woods or foilage and the trigger gets snagged!! nonono.gif

• Like 2

I've got a plan to ease the operation of the safety on my S-12 using my old trigger from my conversion, but I think it got lost in my last move. I welded a bent piece of sheet metal onto the safety of my Norinco and I use it as one should. The S-12 safety is just fucked if moved all the way up. I've been without safety on my pistol for a long time, and until I'm able to fix the ease of use of mine I'll be running my pride and joy the same way. I do agree with the esteemed Mr. Travers that its a great idea in the brush though.

I pity the guy in front of you, if you are walking through some brush, woods or foilage and the trigger gets snagged!! nonono.gif

No need to school me bro. I know when the safety would be applicable.

My gun is purely a fun gun. Nobody in front of me in brush. It seems to me that most here are not using these guns for hunting or the like and are just having fun blowing shit up. This is why I asked.

I personally don't find any long rifle to be a great HD gun, so mine isn't loaded till I'm ready to make something disappear.

• Like 1

There is a need to school people who haven't learned to behave safely in a way that is a risk to others.

This video explains why you are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfGnz38K9ik

I just ran a plate course in the snow. I flicked the safety on every time I ran, and off as soon as the gun touched my shoulder. I didn't lose a fraction of a second.

Consider adding a finger tab to your safety if you are worried about the bother of using your safety.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1114-safety-mod/

My safety is adjusted so that it clicks positively in 3 positions by index finger without breaking firing grip.

1. full safe

2. in between. Trigger cannot be pulled, but bolt can be cycled so long as the hammer is set.

3. Fire

This is very easy to do and makes for very natural reflexive use.

It also makes for a very natural place to rest your trigger finger.

• Like 2