SVDS sidefolder on VEPR 12?

When I did mine, the front latch was a little tricky, due to the difference in the stocks they generaly are found on, the 100 series folder. Got it to work.

I had to keep the latch assembly and spring behind the rear handguard retainer.... With the 100 series poly folder, the spring goes into a drilled hole in the handguard,

My experience with the svd folder is on a saiga 12 and not vepr12, and how it works with the SVD handguards.

Sorry for misreading and offering information that may not pertain to your question

Edited by red_cedar
Thanks for sharing that red_cedar. Just to clarify, did you have any problems fitting the rear trunnion for your folder to the VEPR receiver?

I'm sorry, it was for the saiga 12, not vepr.

However, i would think all one would need to do is mill down the thickness of the trunnion by a little bit to have it fit the vepr 12.

there use to be a stamped 1.6mm ak receiver ( similar thickness of the vepr ). In order to have it fit with the standard ak trunnions ( both front and back ) one had to mill down the trunnions to fit the thicker receiver.

vepr 12, same principle.

Yeah, but on the vepr rifles, the rivet/trunnion holes in the receiver and side rail are in a different location than the holes in the ak100 series trunnion. (a little closer to the rear of the receiver.) I had to drill new holes in the trunnion to use the side rail and existing holes. I believe the vepr12 uses the same rear trunnion as the rifles.

Edited by varickm
Yeah, but on the vepr rifles, the rivet/trunnion holes in the receiver and side rail are in a different location than the holes in the ak100 series trunnion. (a little closer to the rear of the receiver.) I had to drill new holes in the trunnion to use the side rail and existing holes. I believe the vepr12 uses the same rear trunnion as the rifles.

+1 rivet patterns are different. Holes in the receiver or the folding block need to be relocated.... pick one. There is no side rail on the V12.

If I were you I would sell that and buy the correct svds stock and trunnion for the VEPR 12. Those are factory parts designed for the vepr-12 or rpk receiver, the latch is at the back like it should be.

the svds stock you have has been hand modified to work with an aks trunnion and a tab added to accpet the front latch.

rusmilitary has the correct stock with trunnion for $370

Thanks for the info ObiWanBonJovi. I actually Bought this stock from russian surplus originally to install on my SGL31, but thought I would explore some other options before committing such an expensive piece of hardware. If anyone can point me towards the correct latch/trunnion for this stock, I would greatly appreciate it.