Gas port enlargement?

Did anyone enlarge the gashole? if yes how much? are u using a stronger recoil spring then or the factory one?

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to enlarge the gas port? That will require you shoot hotter loads and probably be limited to 3" shells. Is that your goal?

The gas booster bushing partially blocks the current gas port allowing more gas to cycle the action allowing lighter shells to function.

If I've got this all wrong, please correct me. I've still got a lot to learn.

Bill

Did anyone enlarge the gashole? if yes how much? are u using a stronger recoil spring then or the factory one?

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to enlarge the gas port? That will require you shoot hotter loads and probably be limited to 3" shells. Is that your goal?

The gas booster bushing partially blocks the current gas port allowing more gas to cycle the action allowing lighter shells to function.

If I've got this all wrong, please correct me. I've still got a lot to learn.

Bill

i enlarged the gas ports from my saiga and never had any cycling issues since.

however, the saiga does not have the gas relieve system like the akdal does. so i am not sure if its enough just to tune the system in the way that the system opens later meaning that more gas goes into cycling.

i did hear at the world shoot that some enlarged the gas ports from their mka und are using a stronger mainspirng