SGAmmo has Lake City M855 Green Tip

SOLD OUT

$699 is painful but I grabbed a case.

(I know there is an ammo availability thread but this is time critical and I wanted as many of our fine members as possible to see it.)

Edited by Darth Saigus

It shows $699. plus $16. S/H for one 1000rd case... Pricey, but $0.72 a rd for LC M855 isn't absolutely horrorific.

What always gets me on the loose bulk is the chance of getting shorted by weight.

It shows $699. plus $16. S/H for one 1000rd case... Pricey, but $0.72 a rd for LC M855 isn't absolutely horrorific.

What always gets me on the loose bulk is the chance of getting shorted by weight.

I was just typing too fast. I meant to type 699.

It's not horrorific by today's standards. But It's painful by 2 month's ago standards.

It's the price we pay for "letting it slide" and not buying a few cases when the price was good.

I'm fortunate that I'm doing a little side job this weekend that will pay for this case. lol

Edited by Darth Saigus

I lucked up on a private sale of 1200 rounds of green tip for $300 a few months ago. A young man I work with had gotten it from his dad and he couldn't shoot it at his range...he thought he was scalping me, but I was smiling as I handed him the three c-notes!bad_smile.gif

Edited by unclejake

Yeah I saw on another forum that SGAmmo had 223 ammo 3 times yesterday. Each time gone in minutes.

Their website says up to 5 days to process your order but my order was processed in less than a day.

I just finished working a gun show here in Idaho this weekend. We sold seven 1,000 round cases of PMC 55 gn 5.56 at $650/case (all that we had to offer) and were the cheapest one selling. Others were at $1,000 for 1,000 round cases and I heard but could not confirm that one seller was asking $2/round for M855/SS109!

I just finished working a gun show here in Idaho this weekend. We sold seven 1,000 round cases of PMC 55 gn 5.56 at $650/case (all that we had to offer) and were the cheapest one selling. Others were at $1,000 for 1,000 round cases and I heard but could not confirm that one seller was asking $2/round for M855/SS109!

And I'm sure you sold them about 30 seconds after the gates opened.

And I'm sure you sold them about 30 seconds after the gates opened.

Not 30 seconds, but they did go pretty quickly after we beat off the other dealers that were trying to buy them for immediate resale at $1000!big_smile.gif

I stopped by Surplus Arms and Ammo in Tacoma yesterday and they had 500 rd bulk packs of 55 gr .223 for $509 each. Thats just over $1 each for run of the mill ammo. Glad I got some stocked up at home but it won't be enough if this keeps up. Shotgun ammo still seems in good supply but slugs are getting hard to find.

Doug