I got my first pocket knife at age 6. Teacher needed to cut something, she'd ask one of the kid's if she could borrow one.

Currently, I'm ashamed of some of the people I loosely call, "Fellow Americans".

This nation has degraded to the point where I seriously wonder if it can be salvaged. I know one thing, for damned certain.

If we have to rebuild this country, we need to put all those left wing asshats in government, and the education system, into positions where they can do the most good.

Harvesting crops, picking up stray dogs, keeping litter off the roadways, and, tending to sewage facilities.

Edited by John U.
  • Like 3
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a kid, every pick-up truck in the school parking lot had a gun rack in the rear window. When someone got a new cool gun, the teachers would want to go out and see it, and fondle it! lol. Wh

I blame the Hippies.

When I was growing up, you weren't properly dressed unless you had a pocketknife. Now you can be arrested for it.

When I was a kid, every pick-up truck in the school parking lot had a gun rack in the rear window. When someone got a new cool gun, the teachers would want to go out and see it, and fondle it! lol. When I was in a play in high school, the Student counciler/head football coach provided me with his Ruger .22 to wear to make it look authentic. Play was South Pacific, I portrayed Luther Billis. I just don't get it. It wasn't that long ago. Now kids get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun. Really, WTF? Maybe I'm just ranting, but I just don't get it.

Ask Mr. Fast & Furious... Our new Attorney General;

Edited by Leviathan
In the 80s in elementary school we used to have cap gun wars on the playground. Full out skirmishes. After school we'd do it again on the bus on the way home.

Pussy. We used Daisy's and Crosmans. I still have a BB under my kneecap from some twit who snuck a CO2 pistol to the fray. Of couse, he also has a rearranged nose because of it, too. I call it even.

• Like 3

Id also like to add that society went into even more shit when they took the pledge of allegiance and jesus out of school, and Im far from a bible thumper. And same goes for beatings. When a kid fucks up, beat his ass. Plain and simple.

• Like 4

when I went to school and there was a fight.....kicking a guy in the balls was considered a sissy cheap shot....I was in Kung Fu classes at the time 2 kids jumped me and I was dragged to the principles office and strapped for dirty fighting...hahhahha serious

never was picked on again though, I had a bad rep

In the 80s in elementary school we used to have cap gun wars on the playground. Full out skirmishes. After school we'd do it again on the bus on the way home.

Pussy. We used Daisy's and Crosmans. I still have a BB under my kneecap from some twit who snuck a CO2 pistol to the fray. Of couse, he also has a rearranged nose because of it, too. I call it even.

We did the same shit with a one pump limit. Of course nobody followed the rules! I'm lucky I still have eyesight in both eyes. eyes_droped.gif

I grew up with my own firearms hanging in a rack in my bedroom. Went hunting after school whenever I pleased without supervision. My Dad was in a trap league and we reloaded a shit ton of 12 ga so we always had rounds at our disposal. Kids always had firearms in trucks in the parking lot at school. Lots of times, someone would have a deer, bear, or moose they got that morning and everyone including the teachers would be out there checking it out. Then they would excuse the student so they could take the animal home and deal with it. I don't know WTF happened either but it sure has changed for the worse.

I was on the JROTC rifle team in school. They don't have it now.

It is still alive here. Both of my boys are Army JROTC Rifle Team shooters. The team has both .22lr and Garands they take to the range. My oldest stayed Army and is now in the 160th SOAR and the youngest is a Senior and the Battalion Commander for his school, hell bent on becoming an Army Officer.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear there were others with a one pump limit!! We did a three pump limit. Until my neighbor bought some M-16 looking BB/pellet gun. He could pump it three times and it was equal to our ten. Needless to say someone got hit, luckily in the leg. Eyewear wasn't optional it was considered prescription, we were to cool for safety lenses!! When we got sick of shooting each other we would go after beaver, muskrats, and anything that crawled along the creek. We had lots of fun with a 410 and a 20ga. I miss those days....

I read somewhere that during the veitnam war ( i was just a kid), the pacifists that didnt flee to Canada took every easy college class they could. Because as long as they were enrolled in college they could escape the draft. After the war was over and these "hippies" graduated with their "liberal arts" degrees no one wanted to hire them because they really did not have any productive skills. So they set about forming the liberal arts programs we now have in many colleges. They formed political action commities and other libturd orginazations to gain some sort of income. Since they could not make the level of income that industry pays in their jealous rage they have sought to destroy all that has been built. So they can rebuild everything in their image according to their "perfect" ideals!

Guess who is running this country now??

When I was a kid we had "the great" generation of Americans leading the country and raising us. When I got in a fight I used my fists and took the detention. We didn't have laws to protect the stupid from natural selection. Best I can figure things started taking a change for the worse in the early 80's.

No, we started to devolve in the 60's. I lived it. Yes, every old coot can point to a late generation as the "lost generation" - but the 60s got the ball in play...

We started into the anti-war/anti-establishment movement, sex, drugs, rock n roll. "If it feels good - do it"/"Do watcha wanna do". Screw the consequences of the mid/late 60's. Movies became more graphic both in violence and sex.

When I was in highschool in the 60's, we didn't bring guns to school, rape and murder our teachers, and conversely, our teachers were old and ugly - so thankfully none wanted sex with US. We didn't have a daycare in the building for the cheerleader's babies - if preggers they "changed schools".

That would come later.

They dropped corporal punishment in our schools, and coupled with broken homes and parental indifference, we started to openly cut classes, smoked weed in the boys room and outside walking between buildings, and pretty much run amuck.

With no discipline at home, or in school, and a nation openly hosile to a .GOV waging an unpopular war and multiple social issues coming to a boil under the Dems - it was easy to see the train picking up speed out of the station.

By the time I graduated in the early 70's - the train was gone.

Looking back at my kid brother following later - they inherited the worst of the legacy of shiite the 60's started.

Today's kids - Columbiners, Aurorans, Newtownians - owe their behavior to the genepool of the parents, grandparents, and society that came out 60's.

Heh.. I snuck the Crosman pump BB gun out to my friend's place up in the hills one weekend. We went out to the empty elementary school with the BB gun, and decided we would play "Vietnam." I told him to ltake the BB gun and shoot at me as I ran from him... He did not ask questions and did exactly as I said. I heard BBs whizzing past me and bouncing off of the parking lot pavement. I had to dive and take cover behind the school's brick front name sign. Later on in life I was his best man at his wedding.

I did a lot of stuff when I was a kid that should've landed me in a hospital.. Never will forget any of it though. Way better than sitting inside, getting fat playing video games.

• Like 2
When I was a kid we had "the great" generation of Americans leading the country and raising us. When I got in a fight I used my fists and took the detention. We didn't have laws to protect the stupid from natural selection. Best I can figure things started taking a change for the worse in the early 80's.

No, we started to devolve in the 60's. I lived it. Yes, every old coot can point to a late generation as the "lost generation" - but the 60s got the ball in play...

We started into the anti-war/anti-establishment movement, sex, drugs, rock n roll. "If it feels good - do it"/"Do watcha wanna do". Screw the consequences of the mid/late 60's. Movies became more graphic both in violence and sex.

When I was in highschool in the 60's, we didn't bring guns to school, rape and murder our teachers, and conversely, our teachers were old and ugly - so thankfully none wanted sex with US. We didn't have a daycare in the building for the cheerleader's babies - if preggers they "changed schools".

That would come later.

They dropped corporal punishment in our schools, and coupled with broken homes and parental indifference, we started to openly cut classes, smoked weed in the boys room and outside walking between buildings, and pretty much run amuck.

With no discipline at home, or in school, and a nation openly hosile to a .GOV waging an unpopular war and multiple social issues coming to a boil under the Dems - it was easy to see the train picking up speed out of the station.

By the time I graduated in the early 70's - the train was gone.

Looking back at my kid brother following later - they inherited the worst of the legacy of shiite the 60's started.

Today's kids - Columbiners, Aurorans, Newtownians - owe their behavior to the genepool of the parents, grandparents, and society that came out 60's.

I graduated in the mid-70's. I can attest to everything you just said. Can I get a witness?!super_man.gif

Edited by John U.
  • 4 months later...

I thought about this a while before responding. I agree, the problem is failure of parents to discipline, and the "village" being given the burden of raising children. Its a weird mix. I see parents who don't discipline their children, or even remove them from the public spaces, when they are behaving badly. I recently had a boy punch my daughter in the face, she came out crying and I asked who did it, and she pointed to a boy who was wailing fists in the middle of the room and throwing a temper tantrum, aimed at another, older, young girl. I went in to find the parent, and the dad was sitting there watching this, not interfering. I should mention this was in a playroom at a fast food joint (chick fillets). The kid wasnt hitting the other girl, but clearly threatening this young girl.

I went in and talked to the dad like he was the little boy. Very irresponsible. The kid wasn't autistic or anything either, so don't bother exploring that end.

When I grew up, dad would make me "go get" his belt when I was bad. He never hit me hard, but it really emphasized the whole thing and was much worse than a beating. Can't say I grew up a bad guy. I think we need more of this. My dad has continued to impress me as I get older. He may not have been perfect, but he strove so very hard to get me a good start in life, and I'd say he succeeded.

I hope we have a turn-around on this whole irresponsible parenting thing. We need more people like my dad in this world, if we had them, it'd be a hell of a lot better.

Edit: I never finished the thought on the "weird mix". What I was getting at is that they want the village responsible for raising their children, but you cannot say anything to another child without a parent going nuts on you. I've had one parent talk to my kid, and when I heard, my first question was "what did you do wrong". Not that I wouldn't trust my daughter if she said nothing, but you've got to use reason, and a little kid doesnt have the reasoning power of an adult. So, it might be a good idea to give the adult a little consideration before unloading on them.

Edited by Remek

I'm glad to hear there were others with a one pump limit!!

That's a crack up. We used to have a one pump limit as well. Every once in a while you had that "long shot" that required two or three though, haha. We used to chamber a bb then hold it off the magnet with your finger nail, then chamber another and another till you had five or six then blast away with our "shotgun". Of course that required more than one pump. A friend was hiding behind hunk of plywood and I could see him through a knot hole. Took me a couple shots but I hit him in the nose through the knot hole with a pellet which were against the rules BTW. Cut him pretty good actually. He went bleeding to his mommy and we all got bitched at.

We thought about eye protection after that. We just made a rule not to shoot each other in the face, haha...

Parenting has a lot of pitfalls anymore. I've had child protective services to my home more than once in my child raising career. Both for bull shit. Here's an example... My oldest was being chased around the kitchen by my half brother. My son slipped and fell then hit his face on the counter and got a black eye. He was questioned about this at school and said his uncle was chasing him and he fell. This was true but his uncle was only like thirteen. So I got a visit from CPS since the school wanted them to investigate this terrible, scary, uncle. I can't remember the other, but it was equally as stupid. I do know that that was stressful for my wife and I no matter what. So in some ways I understand why people go the pussy route with their kids as stories like this scare the hell outta them. I never felt the need to use an object on my boys. Being 6'6" 240lbs, I could lay a pretty good ass whoopin with my open bare hand.

While I whole heartedly agree that we are raising pussies. All these fag nanny shows with the time out crap doesn't help any. There is a time and place for time out to let them sit and reflect. I believe the punishment should fit the crime. BUT! There's no replacement for a little bit of... lets call it respect that especially boys get from a nicely warmed ass.

I remember getting my mouth washed out with soap. Whatever I said, I'm quite certain I at least didn't get caught saying it again. That would probably land a parent in jail these days.

The last few years I've lived here, my boys have grown up with the kids in the couple houses around me. If the boys fuck up, any one of the parents may be out there chewing ass or making them do some kind of well deserved manual labor and none of us would even think about questioning the other parents in this village. I love that.

While I think I've done a decent job raising my boys who know right from wrong and are generally pretty damn good kids. I still fear this generation is pretty well fucked. But I'm sure our parents thought we were fucked too so ya just never know.

• Like 1

Yeah......they tell ya what a fucked up parent you are out of one side of their mouth, and they will put you in jail if you hit your kid. Fucken liberals.....bunch of retarded fuckers, one of these pricks threatened to have me arrested for verbal abuse, I told em if they went for the phone it wouldn’t be verbal I’d be gitten arrested for, and their hospital stay would probably be rather lengthy. laugh.png

I'll tell ya what.....some kids need the shit smacked outa them, I was one of em. I caught my son in a red handed fuken lie one night, this was after all kinds of different twists and turns ya get to go through with some teenagers, especially those growing up in alcoholism. Anyway, I smacked the shit outa him, he ran off and didn't come home all night. Next morning the phone rings, some cunt on the other end telling me I had to do a bunch of shit, I told her to go fuck herself and hung up. Phone rings again, she says I'll have you put in jail, that’s all I needed to hear, I informed her that I had no intention of allowing her or her ilk to take me to jail, and that since she knew so fuken much about me and my son, that she could just keep his ass there and raise him herself, I hung up. The phone rings again, some fuken guy this time, I cut him off and informed him that he could just shove the cunt up his ass and that if he came near me chances were pretty good the he would probably die, I told him to go fuck himself and hung up the phone again. Within 15 minutes my son came walking up into the yard...alone, I grounded him for like a week and that was the end of it. I never heard from them cocksuckers again, and my son is one of the finest examples of manhood that I know of.

Rant /

• Like 1

AA, that was not only well handled, but a great read! Thanks for sharing. I liked how you hammered home how they knew nothing about the situation, or the people involved. I'll be keeping that part with me for future refernce raising my kids, should the need arise.

When I was a kid, every pick-up truck in the school parking lot had a gun rack in the rear window. When someone got a new cool gun, the teachers would want to go out and see it, and fondle it! lol. When I was in a play in high school, the Student counciler/head football coach provided me with his Ruger .22 to wear to make it look authentic. Play was South Pacific, I portrayed Luther Billis. I just don't get it. It wasn't that long ago. Now kids get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun. Really, WTF? Maybe I'm just ranting, but I just don't get it.

Ask Mr. Fast & Furious... Our new Attorney General;

Their mistake is not making the distinction between guns in high crime areas (hoods, ghettos, which have the most violence in general) and the ordinary town with maybe 1 murder every twenty years (which there are many more of across the country). These morons think its a good idea to lump all of america under a certain idea set, where solutions may be found. The result is not enough propaganda in the areas that need it, and too much in the places that dont. This is why there plan hasnt worked yet, except in certain areas.

Because we have allowed communists to get into the government (and the third world trash they bring into the country to vote for them over the wishes of most Americans) and to violate the Constitution, the clear intent of the Founding Fathers of what this country was built to be, brainwash the minds of little kids in school, and to betray the American people. The only question is, what are the patriots going to do about it?

AA, that was not only well handled, but a great read! Thanks for sharing. I liked how you hammered home how they knew nothing about the situation, or the people involved. I'll be keeping that part with me for future refernce raising my kids, should the need arise.

Be very careful, they'll catch you up in some shit and the next thing you know you are spending thousands of dollars "trying" to get you right to keep and bare arms back.

PLEASE BE VERY VERY CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!

I find it surprising that so many things said during the movie "V for Vendetta" are coming true today...

"...And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be?"

I find it surprising that so many things said during the movie "V for Vendetta" are coming true today...

"...And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be?"

It was no accident. If you didn't see the writing on the wall, its because you werent looking. The movie was a warning to us, albeit, it was already too late when it debuted.

You want to know where it all began?

Man you aint asking much are you.

The 60s? A symptom is all that was things began much earlier, after all who raised that generation and controlled society? Well of course the "greatest generation" did.

Walk it back as far as you like. The parents of the "greatest generation" allowed government to expand far beyond any in the past and even got us into the first world war because they wouldn't question or resist government.

When did people stop questioning, really questioning those that would be seen as our betters?

Long time ago champ, very long time ago.

After that it was all on rails.

Someone mentioned the Pledge of Allegiance. Seriously? Know where it came from and why it was instilled in our schools?

No? Why the hell not?

Hell most of the reasons are right here in the replies.

One brick on top of the other for a very long time.

The pledge was introduced, from what I understand, to supplant the push for prayer in school. It turned out it was good. Its really a form of programming, but pretty much everything is programming for a kid.

I'm glad to hear there were others with a one pump limit!!

That's a crack up. We used to have a one pump limit as well. Every once in a while you had that "long shot" that required two or three though, haha. We used to chamber a bb then hold it off the magnet with your finger nail, then chamber another and another till you had five or six then blast away with our "shotgun". Of course that required more than one pump. A friend was hiding behind hunk of plywood and I could see him through a knot hole. Took me a couple shots but I hit him in the nose through the knot hole with a pellet which were against the rules BTW. Cut him pretty good actually. He went bleeding to his mommy and we all got bitched at.

We thought about eye protection after that. We just made a rule not to shoot each other in the face, haha...

Parenting has a lot of pitfalls anymore. I've had child protective services to my home more than once in my child raising career. Both for bull shit. Here's an example... My oldest was being chased around the kitchen by my half brother. My son slipped and fell then hit his face on the counter and got a black eye. He was questioned about this at school and said his uncle was chasing him and he fell. This was true but his uncle was only like thirteen. So I got a visit from CPS since the school wanted them to investigate this terrible, scary, uncle. I can't remember the other, but it was equally as stupid. I do know that that was stressful for my wife and I no matter what. So in some ways I understand why people go the pussy route with their kids as stories like this scare the hell outta them. I never felt the need to use an object on my boys. Being 6'6" 240lbs, I could lay a pretty good ass whoopin with my open bare hand.

While I whole heartedly agree that we are raising pussies. All these fag nanny shows with the time out crap doesn't help any. There is a time and place for time out to let them sit and reflect. I believe the punishment should fit the crime. BUT! There's no replacement for a little bit of... lets call it respect that especially boys get from a nicely warmed ass.

I remember getting my mouth washed out with soap. Whatever I said, I'm quite certain I at least didn't get caught saying it again. That would probably land a parent in jail these days.

The last few years I've lived here, my boys have grown up with the kids in the couple houses around me. If the boys fuck up, any one of the parents may be out there chewing ass or making them do some kind of well deserved manual labor and none of us would even think about questioning the other parents in this village. I love that.

While I think I've done a decent job raising my boys who know right from wrong and are generally pretty damn good kids. I still fear this generation is pretty well fucked. But I'm sure our parents thought we were fucked too so ya just never know.

WoW! I almost forgot about being made to eat soap after I cussed! lol. I had to eat and chew and swallow a bar of soap! lol. My mom told me of one time her dad (my gramps) caught her smoking, and put a bucket upside down on her head and made her smoke several cigarettes. She quit for quite awhile, lol. Crazy stuff.