AGP ARMS BACKORDER

Some companies can and do charge a card before they can ship a product. However, some do not do the accounting for this properly and can get into trouble for that. Those that do the accounting the right way will show these charges as a liability until the product is shipped. In some cases it should still be considered a liability during shipment until it is received by the customer. Not too much of a problem for small companies but larger companies will likely prefer to charge later in order to keep their reportable financial position a little stronger. If they get caught counting a charge as an asset before sending out the product it can mean some serious trouble with investors or the SEC. It is essentially misstating the financial health of a company, intentional or not. One way to think of it is the credit card charge should be recorded in a similar manner as a loan, since it is money that has to be paid back to the customer in the form of a product. There are specific places to show these types of charges in their accounting, often broken up into credit cards and other types of payments. Some companies will do shady accounting on purpose but it usually comes around to bite them in the end.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I prefer that they charge my card at the time of order. I don't want a bunch of money in my account that I already spent.

Ya you are missing the part of my post where i asked if anyone else had ordered and recieved theirs already, so i could gauge how far out my order might be. I was simply trying to fulfill my curiosity

I can see he is an expert. That doesnt take away from the uselessness and intended ignorance of his post, which was written for no reason other than to be rude to me presumably because i am a new memb

Posted Images

They're still shipping. This thread made me think I missed the run and I was thinking about just canceling the order and spending my cash elsewhere. Since i've already waited 2 months, I couldn't see waiting another 2 months.

But then...I get an email today saying that mine shipped. I ordered on Jan 24th, and I was in the 8980's for the order number. I wonder if the new text on the website is just for future customers. I seem to remember it saying they were backordered into December when I ordered mine. They must have just moved the "backordered since..." date as they filled the orders.

I ordered on March 10th and I'm order # 9745. Probably be at least another month. I would probably cancel if they hadn't already charged my card because I really don't even need the mag anymore since I found plenty in stock elsewhere. Oh well.

Good to hear they're still shipping! About 200 orders away from mine.

EDIT: Just checked the AGP site, and the backorder date has moved to 24 Jan 13. So they're moving the date as orders are completed.

Edited by Capt Nemo
I ordered on March 10th and I'm order # 9745. Probably be at least another month. I would probably cancel if they hadn't already charged my card because I really don't even need the mag anymore since I found plenty in stock elsewhere. Oh well.

If you cancel they should be able to easily reverse the charge to your card. But it also depends on their cancellation policy - they may also charge a fee to cancel or may not allow a cancellation at all.

I got all 6 of the mags I ordered this past monday. I'm very happy with the quality of these mags. I already had 4 AGP mags (gen1 and gen2) and the newest ones I just got have beefier front tabs and much smoother moving followers. For some reason one if the new mags I got has gen2 markings (and is dated 12/12 as opposed to 3/13) but it appears to be identical in every way to the gen3 mags.

My order was placed on February 4th. I already have 10 AGP mags and 10 SGM mags for my 3 Saiga 12's. This order is for another 10 which will make it a total of 30 mags (and 14 drums) for 3 shotguns. I am waffling about canceling the AGP's and going with the SGM's altogether. They seem to get better reviews on this forum and are used by most who shoot Saiga's in competition. what say you all. Are you happy with your newest AGP's. unsure.pngbiggrin.png

I'm sending mine back in and getting a refund. I've already ordered some SGM mags off here. After several sanding trips and over 6 hours of labor on the mags they still dont feed right. If I use my stock mag the gun runs flawlessly, use the AGP and it stovepipes A LOT. I think the springs they use aren't strong enough and thats whats causing issues. Either way there's no way I can trust these mags for comp, or if I had to, my life. So switching to SGM mags.

just overpaid for a couple of gen3's on ebay to save all the wait time. I was expecting these to be solid mags so I hope I didn't screw myself with these bad reports I'm hearing. I bought a 12 rounder sgm a while back but I didn't like the way it wobbles around so I thought I'd give these a shot. lol...shot

just overpaid for a couple of gen3's on ebay to save all the wait time. I was expecting these to be solid mags so I hope I didn't screw myself with these bad reports I'm hearing. I bought a 12 rounder sgm a while back but I didn't like the way it wobbles around so I thought I'd give these a shot. lol...shot

I just bought 2 in the WTS on here. Should have them in a couple days and will report back.