I'm looking for the aimpoint that is issued to the armed forces (except for me) I think it's a comp 2. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it, but I need one, and based on the price, used is the only way to go. If you cut me a good deal I'll make sure and shoot a haji in your name!

Edit: If anyone knows of a high quality, durable knock-off that's just as good, let me know!

Edited by shaneman153a

M2(M68) is the style. I got one for my deployment to OEF/OIF Nov 2002-Jul2003.

spendy.

spent almost 600.00 with the goodies. i.e. mount, killflash, blah, blah

Eotech was just as bad though. Got that for 2nd deployment to Iraq in nov 2003-jul2004.

After LaRue mount and other crap. 500.00

Optics for aR's are spendy! :eek:

Shaneman, Get the Comp ML2, w/ the 4 Moa dot, the Arms #22M68 mount, the killflash, and the spacer. probably run you around 550$ total.

Most places will discount you if you show em your ID, including Aimpoint themselves. I just "loaned" my ACOG TA-11E to one of my buddies in the Stryker Brigade...he's goin back for round 2, and just as eager to raise hell this time.

I know it's pricey, but right now finding used ones is pretty rare...fuck it, put it on the credit card...and pay it off slowly..they have to drop the inerest rate on all your debt while you are deployed anyway...take advantage of it. And no amount of money is too much for the right gear that could save your ass.

Watch yer shit when you are over there, and smoke some Jawas for all us REMFs back home!

Nothing like that Sailors, and soldiers Act of 1940.

All interest rates on debt go to 6%....

Most of my cards went to 0%!!!!! :super:

And like a retard. I racked them all up my first week back.......... :wub:

M82A1 Barrett................

Swarovski optics..............

APIT rounds for the ol' BMG...........

$7,600................

Pulling the trigger each time? Priceless

(actually. I did the math......$1.25 every time I pull the trigger :angel: ) :unsure::unsure:

Swarovski optics..............

APIT rounds for the ol' BMG...........

$7,600................

Pulling the trigger each time? Priceless

(actually. I did the math......$1.25 every time I pull the trigger :angel: ) :unsure::unsure:

Dodge tyou didn't tell me you had a fiddy-cal.

If you want to go cheap, and I don't recommend that for you Shane because you are betting your life, these chinese knockoffs seem to be OK. I haven't put one through the S12 w/slugs torture test but I hear they do OK on a rifle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Aimpoint-Comp-M2-s...1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh, you have to come out monday now, I don't even know if they'll let you shoot it. I got to shoot blanks out of one once at NTC, LOL! :lolol:

Blanks out of a M82???

umm...

WTF?????? :rolleyes:

No way should you fire anything but match grade outta that barrel IMO or, IMT In my Training...LOL

I only bought it because of having so much fun in STA platoon 3rdBN 4th Marines in 1996. (scout sniper plt)

I had to buy it!

I will let everyone that wants to, fire it. I just came from CA where I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. Upon getting out of the Corps to go Army :angel: ....please don't laugh :devil:

I didn't trust TMO/transpo guys with my Firearms. Therefore all my good shit is in KY with my dad, unti I was done with AIT for the Army. Now that I am at my first unit(1st CAV-Go Cav!) I will be bringing my toys "home".

You al would probably be bored with most of what I have. I used to think if I wasn't trained in it-It wasn't worth having. i.e. M9 Beretta. Bushmaster AR's, Mossberg Shotguns, and the Barrett.

Don't laugh again. But This Saiga-12, and AK-104 I have, are the first Russian style firearms I've owned.

Only had bullpups before as odd-balls. Mossberg Bullpup 500. Bushmaster M17S Bullpup, Steyr AUG(moron for selling it)

shit like that.

EDIT-anyways.............I have to find a BIG-50 range here.-EDIT

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
Blanks out of a M82???

umm...

WTF?????? :rolleyes:

No way should you fire anything but match grade outta that barrel IMO or, IMT In my Training...LOL

Yep, some infantry guys from 101st, they sent them up with us to shoot out of a damn helicopter if you can believe that. They said they did it in Iraq quite a bit, and it worked well. I didn't even know they could use blanks, but those fuckers rocked the bird pretty good!

You al would probably be bored with most of what I have. I used to think if I wasn't trained in it-It wasn't worth having. i.e. M9 Beretta. Bushmaster AR's, Mossberg Shotguns, and the Barrett.

yeah, I know the type, did you get bored going to the range because it was just like going to work?

Edited by shaneman153a

i would have saved up a few more g's to get the Accuracy International AW50. So much better than the barrett. As for the aimpoint, make sure whatyou are getting is Parrallax FREE. You dont want parallax in combat=bad. Its managable if you are doin CQB, but be careful when you stretch it out a few rooftops. Make sure you are lookin STRAIGHT down the tube, or the dot will move. it is my understanding that, all aimpoints are parallax free.

if you are lookin for better durability and accuracy, then yes, the bolt is the way to go. for the barrett is good all around, but not the best tac driving 50. Accuracy International just came out with their own semi called the AS 50, and the navy seals are considering/have switched to it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/211833/thre...Rifle+for+SEALs

pretty sweet, but costs like twice the barrett.

any luck with the aimpoint?

Griz

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.