I used Rust Oleum Camouflage Deep Forest Green.I have shot over a hundred rounds through it.And have cleaned it.With no problems.If you use it make sure you prep the surface good.I put on 3 coats and baked them on at a low temp.Then gave them three days to cure before reassembling.I bought it a Wal Mart

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=124

Depending on the quality of your handguard and how much play there is against the barrel, you can probably get away with putting your front sight on the handguard rail. But in all cases, it's far better to mount your front sight on the barrel itself. I have two MKA's, one set up for open with an Eotech, and the 2nd has irons, using an Mbus rear sight and a Firebird front sight.

Matt, do you think I will have a problem using the mbus front sight with heat generating from gas piston.

I did a test a while back, can't remember the temps exactally, about 75 rounds as fast as I could shoot , barrel was around 250 degrees forend never went over 90.

Unless you are doing HEAVY sustained fire , 200+ , I don't think you will have any problems.