what's the deal with saiga triggers? Are all g2s setup for rifles? Why I ask is if ya look at the standard s12 sear, its way lower than a ak surplus trigger as noticed in this pic.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I would like to be brought up to speed...my theory is that the highrer sear allows the hammer to drag more on bolt causing extra friction

IMG_20130122_092737.jpg

They are made for the rifles. Their geometry is higher than some and lower than many. I believe Arsenal triggers are higher and Texas triggers are about the same. I haven't done a comparison of that point by RSA, but I think RSA is a tad lower, with the corner of the hook sticking up a bit more. I believe they are cast then trued up on a mill. All in all, they are a good choice, but they were designed around standard AKs not even saiga rifles. Their geometry is supposed to work well with many variants. One size fits almost all. Since many are user installed, they had to allow plenty of extra engagement to minimize any risk of double fire or tolerance problems. That's why there is so much take up and over travel. If the rule of AKs is "goes bang when I pull the trigger, and doesn't go bang when I don't pull the trigger."- Tapco chose to emphasize the second half. I don't blame them.

G2s are tough but not precision. I've fit a couple of them and both were smoother than OEM trigger, but had a lot of minor flaws that were easily cleaned for huge improvement. notably surfaces that were theoretically in plane such as the engagement on both hooks were actually kind of wavy and or not engaging the hammer wings completely flat and not in the same plane with eachother. kinda hard to explain, but when you polish them simultaneously with a very flat stone such as a ceramic sharpener, the polished highlights will show you every irregularity.

RSA by comparison was completely "square and in-plane." A very fine polish gained a little surface finish, but there were no irregularities. RSA are millled from scratch and the difference in workmanship shows.

• Like 1