• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i work for the batf collecting intel. on social networking sites.

I don't do anything important anymore, but I used work for American Airlines (Eagle). When I was 24, I was Director of Materials and ran the west coast purchasing and spare parts operation with a 50

Me? I'm embarking on a new mission as of today actually.... Gunsmith and designer at a local gun shop, doing the best Saiga conversions and custom tuned / built AKs in my whole state. OOorah!

Posted Images

23 year veteran NYSDOCCS C.O. in a MAX-A Classified C.F. in Northern NY. My current job is O.I.C. of the P.C./I.P.C. S.H.U. I just bid for a Wall Post relief job, but I doubt I'll get it with only 23 years on the job.

I also own a small (189 acre) farm, so there's never a shortage of things to do and sometimes build furniture. Those are more hobbies now, but it makes a few bucks here and there.

I was just awarded the Wall Post relief job. Now I'll be watching the backs of the good guys on the ground from towers armed with Departmental weapons. No more direct inmate contact.

• Like 2

I want to be friends with "MT Predator" lol - I like research and testing ranges..

retired at 45 due to disability. ex-LEO, security, no mil. Crime lab with research for a college. Was on the way to be a "Murse" at a major hospital before disability.

I got the saiga 12 for 3 gun matches.

23 year veteran NYSDOCCS C.O. in a MAX-A Classified C.F. in Northern NY. My current job is O.I.C. of the P.C./I.P.C. S.H.U. I just bid for a Wall Post relief job, but I doubt I'll get it with only 23 years on the job.

I also own a small (189 acre) farm, so there's never a shortage of things to do and sometimes build furniture. Those are more hobbies now, but it makes a few bucks here and there.

I was just awarded the Wall Post relief job. Now I'll be watching the backs of the good guys on the ground from towers armed with Departmental weapons. No more direct inmate contact.

That's awesome! I'm gonna be resource for a long time yet but that's ok, I gotta learn the job. Hats off to you and all the other Senior Officers at GM that are helping me and the other "new jacks" learn the job every day. There are a lot of us coming thru right now and the help is appreciated, thank you.

• Like 1

That's awesome! I'm gonna be resource for a long time yet but that's ok, I gotta learn the job. Hats off to you and all the other Senior Officers at GM that are helping me and the other "new jacks" learn the job every day. There are a lot of us coming thru right now and the help is appreciated, thank you.

Stay in the fight, friend. Help will be there. Good things come with time.

Made Tacos. Dug ditches. Shoveled horse shit. Washed cars. Made sandwiches. Worked in a door factory. Bussed tables. Tended bar in fine restaurants, cowboy bars, and complete shitholes. Sang in a country band. Played guitar and sang in bars that no one ever heard of. Apprenticed as a silver and goldsmith, worked at the bench as a silver and goldsmith. Apprenticed as a designer, production designer, product designer/engineer. Worked as a designer and production manager. Quit. Started my own business. Exported jewelry to Europe. Did great and then got my ass kicked by the exchange rate and came back to design and manufacture here.

Eventually - Gold went up. Silver went up. One day, on the way back from a sales trip - someone figured out that I had a shitload of jewelry in the trunk of my car, and they decided they were going to take it from me. I outran them. They failed - but it made an indelible impression upon me.

I build guns for a living now.

• Like 5
Made Tacos. Dug ditches. Shoveled horse shit. Washed cars. Made sandwiches. Worked in a door factory. Bussed tables. Tended bar in fine restaurants, cowboy bars, and complete shitholes. Sang in a country band. Played guitar and sang in bars that no one ever heard of. Apprenticed as a silver and goldsmith, worked at the bench as a silver and goldsmith. Apprenticed as a designer, production designer, product designer/engineer. Worked as a designer and production manager. Quit. Started my own business. Exported jewelry to Europe. Did great and then got my ass kicked by the exchange rate and came back to design and manufacture here.

Eventually - Gold went up. Silver went up. One day, on the way back from a sales trip - someone figured out that I had a shitload of jewelry in the trunk of my car, and they decided they were going to take it from me. I outran them. They failed - but it made an indelible impression upon me.

....And you feel .223/5.56 is insufficient to engage 2 legged varmints?

I spent half of my professional life in the military with my knees-in-the-breeze and never saw anyone walk away from a solid CM /CNS hit. Just curious how you came about your bias.

• Like 1

....And you feel .223/5.56 is insufficient to engage 2 legged varmints?

I spent half of my professional life in the military with my knees-in-the-breeze and never saw anyone walk away from a solid CM /CNS hit. Just curious how you came about your bias.

No bias, brother.

.223 as a semi auto round is currently being demonized as an "Assault Weapon" round. If you are not confident that you can bring down a 300 pound hog, 250 pound buck, or 300 pound bear, or 200 pound cartel thug with a single round, or two, or three rounds, before you are gored, mauled, beaten or shot to death, it isn't even an effective defensive round - never mind an "Assault" round suitable for a so called "Assault Weapon".

Unless you have actually been under "assault", (present company respectfully excluded, McBeau) you have absolutely no fucking idea what "assault", or"Assault Weapon" means.

If I'm out on the farm, and see a coyote after the livestock, or a coon in the vegetables, a semi auto .223 will do just fine. If I'm dealing with mutiple assailants, I want a real gun, and as many rounds as I can send downrange .

• Like 2

I work for a granite/marble company running a stone cnc machine and waterjet machine. I make any thing from countertops to one off 3d work for tables,bath tubs range hoods,fire places. Right now I am building a 3d fireplace for a customer roughly 90 hours of drawing and program time in it so far. This is a range hood and counter top I made recently

post-17989-0-17747600-1359348223_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Self-employed residential siding installer and painter (8 years now). Many previous years in aerospace, 4 years as an F-16 Crew Chief in the USAF (91-95).

Happy husband and father of two great kids, ages 17 and 19.

A big salute to you guys in law enforcement and corrections. I thought about going that route many times but now I'm too old.

• Like 1

Worked in the private sector, then for a local government, then the state, then a local government again, then the private sector. Right now, I'm unemployed. However, I did accept a position and will be starting one of my old jobs again next week.

Other than that, I've been a Kitchen FFL since 2006. Would love to go big someday and maybe even get into building stuff (07) since I've got tons of ideas and have always been a tinkerer, but I gotta build the capital first in order to go there someday. Of course with the way this country is going, I'm probably better off opening a cyber cafe called "Gun Free Coffee House".

Me? I'm embarking on a new mission as of today actually.... Gunsmith and designer at a local gun shop, doing the best Saiga conversions and custom tuned / built AKs in my whole state. OOorah! 000.gif

Congratulations Shannon. I hope it is all you could ask or dream for. smile.png

My family has a ever changing business. For the last 12 years I have been installing GPS controllers and making equipment steer itself. But lately, I have been tearing down tractors, sprayers, anything Ag related, and sending it to Spassk, Russia. We have been farming in Russia for two years. I myself have never been there yet...but sounds like I will be sometime...I should post pictures a tractor in a container is something everyone should see!!! Lol!!!

• Like 2

Jack of all trades,

live and work on a farm, we also do custom spreading and hauling of poultry ltter.

also work in a motorcycle/snowmoble shop, and do some gunsmithiing for my FFL.

in other words i keep my arse busy.

used to be a System Developer (mostly RPGILE, some C# ), but hated the cube farm so came back home to be out in the weather.

• Like 1

Let's see...started off in '92 as a physical therapy assistant, moved to production assistant at a steam generator manufacturing plant in '97, then a design assistant same company in '98 and now I have 12+ years complete in the United States Marine Corps and currently hold the title of Staff Non-Commissioned Officer-in-Charge (SNCOIC = boss man) of the Meteorological & Oceanographic Forecasting section at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, AZ. Eight more years till I retire...hmmm what to do at 42yrs old and retired? :)

Trained as a plumber but did not enjoy it so went and became a ranger for the NZ department of conservation doing cool feel good shit in the middle of no were(hunting most days) for a few years but got suck of getting paid like shit so got into retail-ran a few shops and became a national sales manager for a importer but hated it so now at the ripe old age of 31 I'm about to start university to study accounting- will be a shock to the system as I left school at 14. Plan to keep doing some contracting while at school to try to Finnish it with no dept and to keep up with the mortgage

Worked a a marina for one summer gassing up boats that would pull up to the dock. Burger King for 2 1/2 yrs. Movie theater as a projectionist for 7 years. Advance Auto Parts as an assistant manager for 2 1/2 years. Currently on 5th year as a non-liscensed nuclear equipment operator. I work at a 3 reactor power plant that generates 2,700 megawatts. Pretty neat stuff. Each reactor has four, 9,000 horsepower reactor coolant pumps that run on 6,900 volt ac power. Reactor coolant is 600 deg F water pressurized to 2155 psi on the hot side and 555 deg F on the cold side.