Di Fi list - we're not on it. Saiga not so lucky

Bingo.

But only if this shit sandwich passes.

I am encouraged by the blackout of the Eastern Sports Show, that show of force warms my heart. I hope that, unlike in the past, the entire gun community stands together on this and there aren't any significant players that capitulate.

Bingo.

But only if this shit sandwich passes.

I am encouraged by the blackout of the Eastern Sports Show, that show of force warms my heart. I hope that, unlike in the past, the entire gun community stands together on this and there aren't any significant players that capitulate.

No shit... seeing that even the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) withdrew from the show is pretty darn impressive. I dont care much for turkeys but I almost feel like joining the NWTF anyway :)

I look at it this way: This is still just a bill and the last I heard, she's not the grand poobah of the universe. If memory serves correctly, it has to pass both houses AND be signed by the first pinhead, before it's the law of the land. That being said, I see a significant number of challenges to the to the legality of it all. At face value, I see this infringement of the second amendment also violating my fifth, sixth, seventh and ninth amendments.

Fifth: "...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Sixth: "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed; which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defence."

Seventh: "In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law."

Ninth: "The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Hypothetically, if I still had my rifle, I would have been happy to sell it back to the government for fair market value, or, be given an opportunity to face a trial by jury, over ownership of that weapon. But, since I sold it at a gun show, to someone named "Bob", who paid cash, I guess the point is moot. However, I'm going to wait until the suits against the government end before I worry.

That being said, I also wonder if she's going to crack down on heavy duty slingshots, water balloon catapults and punkin chunkers? A properly trained individual or individuals could rattle off a number of high velocity projectiles with the slings and catapults. Some of the chunkers are nothing more than an air canon, that can lob a 10 lb pumkin almost a mile. Some of this was said in gest, but still food for thought.

I am just so sick and tired of these politicians trying to make the world a better place. My advice to them is go volunteer your time at a soup kitchen and donate some money to a charity if you want to do something good in the world. My world is just fine please leave it alone Mrs Feinstein.

And in response to the above poster, she was the one who introduced the last assault rilfe ban. She has been quoted while discussing why the 1994 act only prohibited the manufacture or import of assault weapons, instead of the possession and sale of them, Feinstein said on 60 minutes February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

I can only assume she is certainly going to make a run for it this time. So yes we all have to unite, kick this bill to the curb, and kick her out of office. There's nothing worse then a career politician and shes been there long enough, unfortunately she's in California, the scorn of reasonable people in the rest of the country. Sorry if you are from California I mean no disrespect, just making a funny.

Edited by eod1

To me the defense of our rights and our weapons are as important to me as the defense of America itself. We must stand up and stand together. If you have the chance to promote or cause to the uneducated you must do it in the most logical and controlled manner possible. We need to battle for every vote and voter.

I tried to kick her out of office the last election but i dont know what happened...

I really cant stand her, watching her talking about the bill makes her look like the dumb shit she is... heres one of her idiotic quotes from today "Military-style assault weapons have but one purpose, and in my view that’s a military purpose, to hold at the hip, possibly, to spray fire to be able to kill large numbers.”

Really? hold at the hip and spray fire?

I think she has watched way to many Rambo movies.

Edited by Haycock
Latest news says Feinstalin doesn't even have Democratic support on her ban....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assault-weapons-ban-lacks-democratic-votes-to-pass-senate.html

Don't let them lull you into a false sense of security with articles like that... You'll see more and more of those which are designed to make us stop contacting our Senators with opposition to ALL gun legislation, while they swing their votes to the other side with empty promises and BS.

Look whose news service that is anyway... BLOOMBERG, yes the same BLOOMBERG that is mayor of NYC and a HUGE anti-gun DICKHEAD.

Call your Senator's office every week and make a simple statement; Vote to oppose all gun control legislation, or I will work diligently against your reelection.

It's a simple call, you get an assistant on the phone who takes your message... Very pleasant to say the least...

Yeah ..... ever since that house fell on her sister and she got passed over for a shot at the ruby slippers, she's been a real bitch .........

P.S. Asking our representatives to oppose anti-gun laws, or defend 2A isn't getting it done.
We need to demand that they go on the offense and start introducing 'extreme' pro-gun bills into legislation.

We need to make it crystal clear that although they are pro-gun, and vigorously try to defend our rights, that alone will not get them re-elected, and we will 'actively' support their parties challenger for election to their seats if they don't get some "meat and potatoes" pro-gun bills introduced real soon!

And by extreme, I mean bills like mandatory firearm safety training in high schools, just like health training for STD's, drivers education and etc. After all ...... we have a constitutional right to bear arms (not drive or procreate) but no mandatory training to go with it.
The aim would be to have a new generation of people making "informed" decisions on how they want to decide on gun laws, as opposed to emotional, ignorant, and un/mis-informed ones.

Also, bills like ones that would make junior high school social studies teach a mandatory course the covers what the crime rates have been both before and after 'any' gun control laws were passed, using the FBI, state DOJ and other factual, un-massaged crime statistics.
I would even go as far as to have a bill introduced that interprets 2A to mean that it would be mandatory that all able bodied citizens be required to maintain a government issued civilian version of the current military standard issue firearms and receive training on how to use them.
Conscientious (or whatever) objectors would be excepted but would need to pay a annual "tax" to pay for the hardware and training for the rest of us to protect their freedoms for them.

We need them to push hard, fast and overwhelm the system with new pro-gun bills, and move us back to pre NFA days.
The fact is .... playing defense and/or being grateful for elected officials that only spend their votes in defense of a declining right, are ........ or need to become history.
that a defensive posture is only making us victims .... and people that remain victims get victimized.

Demand an offensive approach to gun rights by demanding your local, state and federal representatives start to introduce a flurry if pro-gun bills and for them to get as sneaky, devious and extreme as the ant-gun liberals are.

To do that .... easily ...... you can use the NRA Grass Root Alerts (even if you are not a member) to send this message to your reps via the hyperlinks on this page, and send it to all of your reps with a single key stroke.
See: http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/effectively-communicating-with-your-lawmakers.aspx

Edited by flyer91
  • Like 1

My suggestions are actually meant as examples of moving from a defensive posture to an offensive one, with the main point being to force our reps to go on a 'major' offensive campaign .......... immediately.

We elect our representatives based on their promised abilities to provide the ideas ....... and the all inclusive verbiage in proposed laws ....... that will provide the ends that we desire.

They work for us, and just like your boss expecting you to "provide results" we have a right to to demand the same from our reps.

We just need to let them know how serious we are about them going on the offense.

BTW: My comment about overwhelming the system is based on my observation of the general politician.

Stuff enough pro-gun bills into the system and these lazy bastards (on both sides of the isle) will go on recess before they vote pro 'or' anti!!

That might buy us some time to get our offensive house in order ..............

You know, that idea about manadatory HS firearms safety courses seems like a pretty good idea. We would just have to be sure the liberals didn't get to write the lessons.

You know that would be the case. they would teach that guns are evil and no one should ever have any...

You know, that idea about manadatory HS firearms safety courses seems like a pretty good idea. We would just have to be sure the liberals didn't get to write the lessons.

You know that would be the case. they would teach that guns are evil and no one should ever have any...

Not if the lesson was "by law" like something taken directly from the US army fire arm training course up to "dry fire" day.

You 'do' have to think a bit, and demand exactly what you want .........

I mean ..... I would expect you guys to be a tad more creative than Dianne and her "so totally lost" version of what an assault weapon is ........... rocket launcher indeed!!

Bottom line ..... with repsect to the current and ongoing (certainly since 1968) well meaning but defensive postering by pro-gun politicians ..... how's that working out for ya???

Edited by flyer91

Well a good thing about us pro-gun people discussing ways to go on the offense is ......... that almost always when we do get together (either at the range or in cyberspace) and talk about the subject of anti-gun laws, we are almost always preaching to the chior.

But, by discussing offensive suggestions to pass on to our representatives (via the always easy NRA Grass Root Alert link I posted) we don't need to convince, comprimise or deal with anti-gun forces.

We can do it ourselves ...... and history is/has proved that we better.

Here is the letter I sent both my state and federal reps via the NRA link:

"I am writing to let you know that with respect to the general and continuing decline in the rights afforded me by the second amendment, and most recently the direction being taken by the current administration, that I will no longer support you if you do not start to introduce multiple, aggressive, and extremely "pro-gun" bills into legislation.

I expect to see you provide the type of proposals that will not just defend my rights under the second amendment, but will further enhance them and ultimately lead to the repeal of current laws back to pre-NFA times.

I wish to make it clear that I will no longer support you for re-election if you only take a defensive stance on liberal anti-gun legislative proposals, and expect you to be totally committed to talking an immediate and actively offensive stance on gun issues by introducing new and multiple pro-gun bills.

If you don't take such a position, I will actively support any person that your party offers as replacement for your seat in the next election cycle."

Use it all or any protion, or modify it as you like.

Once again the NRA link for sending with a few clicks is http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/effectively-communicating-with-your-lawmakers.aspx

Skroll down to the "Write Your Representatives" hyper text and enter you text then click first on sending it to your state reps, then to your federal reps.

It will automaticlly enter all their information and dirrect your letter to them all with a single key stroke.

Here's another link with a more mellow automated apraoch provided by Ruger.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Please pass both links along to your pro-gun contacts.

Once again, you are more than welcome to use all or any part of my letter if you wish, and can certainly pass it on to anyone/forum you think might be able to use it.

These links really makes it so easy even a caveman could do it ........

Edited by flyer91