Hey guys I know I will get knocked for this but I wanna ask anyway. So I think my hammer spring is actually too stiff and I think this because my bolt on my other saigas is even where the hammer makes contact but on this particular one it is leaving a small enough dent where the face that contacts the hammer is wearing very slightly uneven. I dont think it will get any worse but I just had to ask. Does this really matter. I tried to take pics but my camera wont focus that close. If you look at the rear end of your bolt where the firing pin is struck I think it should be evenly wore but on mine the hammer is kinda smooshin the top a little bit more than everywhere else. Should I worry about this or not? And I have a wolff recoil spring extra power and was wondering if it could damage the front trunnion where the bolt carrier makes contact due to the faster return. What do you guys think?

I have about 1000 rounds through it on a tapco g2 trigger group and the stock hammer spring..it doesnt seem like it is getting worse and its not from the bolt hitting the rear trunnion because i use a buffer..i first noticed it at the 500 round mark and was just curious. i know each ak wears differently but my other saigas didnt wear this way..they are all 7.62x39..i wish i could take a picture for you but it wont focus. its not that bad i dont think i just dont wanna have to end up getting a new bolt and re headspace it. Thanks for the help captain hero you always have excellent input.

...and that is a fantastic ass.

I have to agree... id like to get my hands on that ass lol! But in all seriousness on my x39 i see a little of that but not as marked as your description. G2 trigger with roughly 800 rounds down the tube. Pics would help a lil bit to see the degree.

It is nice. I agree. lol. But in regards to the op, it could be the face angle of the paticular hammer your using, or the softness in the steel on the ass end of your bolt. If you havent noticed it getting worse in the last 500 rds, then I wouldnt let it bother you. I would check it periodically to assure its not getting worse. If you swap the hammer spring, you may have light primer strikes with certain ammo. I dont ever run weaker springs.

hmm. should i maybe polish the hammer face a little bit or just keep an eye on it? I dont think the steel is soft on the bolt because its not that bad and i dont think its getting any worse. my other saiga bolts have wear too just a little bit differently. i think the angle of the hammer is fine because it hits the firing pin flush and then rests on the end of the bolt at a very slight angle. its wearing to that angle. probobly normal. will put 500 rounds through it tomarrow and if it doesnt get worse il leave it to rest. thanks again captain hero.

If it were me, I wouldnt let it bother me. Just check it periodically to assure its not getting worse. I dont think it will continue since its not got worse in the last 500 rds. I think you'll be fine. I have 1 AK that is doing this in .223, and I dont have any issues. It seems to have stopped.

Polish the bottom of the bolt where it make's contact with the hammer, and polish the hammer. One thing I do is also shape the back of the bolt carrier where the spring goes in... if you notice it is starting to wear.... if you get a dremel sander wheel take the edge off you'll see that everything slides better.