Fingers crossed...

Got a package from CSS today and my 13rd mag and reliability kit came in today! It took a whole whopping 2 minutes to install. I get to test shoot it Saturday and if all goes well taking it to the range Sunday. I've also polished the bolt and did MINOR profiling along with making sure my gas ports aren't obstructed in any way. I really hope I an cycle light loads now. Any feedback from someone who has done the reliability kit to their 20ga would be great. Thanks

I finally got my 22" saiga 20 running right with Remington 2 1/2" 7 1/2 shot, though it still won't shoot Federal 7/8oz shot.

I gave up on that, as I don't want to drill my ports any larger.

It took profiling the bolt, polishing around the chamber mouth and overhang, and finally drilling out the 3 gas ports and gas block to get it running 100%. I don't need the reduced spring and found it caused failures to fully return to battery after the shotgun got somewhat fouled. The MD gas plug is useful.

Somewhat related is that I also found out you can load 8 rounds of 2 3/4" Remington "Slugger" slugs into the 10 round steel mags and they feed great.

Thanks for the tips Aries. I'm hoping the reliability kit will help some. If it still doesn't cycle the ammo I'm going to drill out the gas ports and bust out my dremel one more time on my bolt. I'd definitely be lost all together if it wasn't for the help I've already received here. Thanks again!

I bought a Saiga 20 last weekend and got the 13-round mags in the mail yesterday. It took some effort to push the mag in with the bolt closed and as a result, the first round doesn't always pop back up after pulling the bolt back. Are you experiencing the same thing? The package didn't come with a users manual so I'm not sure if I need to do anything before putting these puppies into production. 022.gif