s-308 handguard options (us made)

Hi again, im still new here but had some questions regarding front handguard options for a s-308. Id prefer something similar to the original style saiga hg but us made. Since ill have a black polymer thumbhole stock on it i would prefer the front to be black poly as well. The only option i can find that isnt a quad rail type is the tapco hg which id rather not use but will if necessary. Are there any us manufacturers that makes non quad rail original style (ish) handguards?

P.s id rather not go the style that uses a hg retainer im probably one of the few who likes the longer saiga handguards

I like the look of the stock sporter handguard, but IMO if you go with a wood or regular ak stock then the regular ak hangguard looks better. But that doesn't really matter to answer you question the tapco with all the rails removed looks ok. If you like wood these are super nice but I'd have to get the set.

Half way down the page. But it's wood and cost 70 bucks. Then the stock that matches is like 130. So 200 for a stock set, it sure looks pretty though.

http://www.weaponeer.net/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=47

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 saiga 308's, one in each barrel length. Converted the 16" barrel last month, and am getting ready to start working on my 22" barrel.

The 16" barrel I put an olive tapco intrafuse forearm (to go along with my olive grip and stock). The big driver for me was finding something appropriate for color matching (I'm a bit OCD). I left the rails off and it actually doesnt look too bad, next to my CAA grip and my Kvar stock.

The 22" barrel I plan to do something different, an SVD-style stock (either black horse or choate), similar to whats in your avatar picture. I have the same question in regards to the forearm. I dont really want to go the route of the tapco hardware, I'm actually very interested in the SVD forearm, I've seen pictures of the adapters pieces used to fit them to a S308.

• 4 weeks later...