The "Catamount Fury I and Fury II" shotguns.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blogs/cia-catamount-fury/

I wonder who makes them.

They have LRBHO and internal chokes

Owner's manual I found online:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113430510/Century-Catamount-Fury-Semiautomatic-Shotgun

Also a cool recoil reducing AK butt stock

http://centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=ST1013

Not impressed at all, just another knock off! And unless I'm blind, and I could be, is the lower plastic! If so that was stupid! Molded-in pistol grips, not a real big seller. What kills me is how the guy stands there explaining features like they're new! lol All they did was copy the Vepr12. and give it a lot less options.

• Like 3

Maybe the Chinese are building them now, Norinco possibly? The names (Fury) sound like something they would come up with.

EDIT; The owners manual link shows a hinged dust cover in the parts diagram.

Not impressed at all, just another knock off! And unless I'm blind, and I could be, is the lower plastic! If so that was stupid! Molded-in pistol grips, not a real big seller. What kills me is how the guy stands there explaining features like they're new! lol All they did was copy the Vepr12. and give it a lot less options.

Cameron, what do you mean "is the lower plastic", lower what, handguard?

Edited by Mullet Man

This is kinda how I took it too. Im not very impressed by it. Looks like an exact copy of an S12 mixed with a V12 to me. I couldnt find any info on where it was made. Thats a red flag in itself right there for me. I'll pass.

Very Good Observations. I missed that on the first video play. Yeah...seems the lower and buttstock are all of one piece. Yep...plastic? Dunno. Thank you. The AK Saiga with Dremel mod recoil reducing buttstock looks very promising. Bang...ouch. Bang....ouch! That's why my S12 is named Betty Bucker! HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

here is another video with a little more close up view. it looks to be a metal receiver here with rivets and looks very similar to the s 12. it also has the trigger transfer linkage pins in about the same location as a stock s 12, so it can probably be converted. hard to tell on the stock but to me it looks like the sock comes off just like a regular ak stock, but i really can't tell for sure.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/century-arms-fury-ak-47-shotgun-left-hand-mausers/

Edited by rogers
i guess they don't give a price, and i notice no hinged top cover. if the price is right i won't mind having one if a pistol grip could be done.

Anything can be done....

Catamount Fury? Really? Great name. Makes me want to pull out the card and order a few.

Catamount Fury? Really? Great name. Makes me want to pull out the card and order a few.

We haven't heard pricing yet... $200 AK shotgun? Yep... I'll buy one.

At $200? I'll buy one.... pallet.

• Like 1

We haven't heard pricing yet... $200 AK shotgun? Yep... I'll buy one.

At $200? I'll buy one.... pallet.

If it has parts interchangeability with the s 12 I am right there with you if the price is right.

Ugly? The non magwell version looks just like an S12 with the AK rear sight leaf conversion. Minus the 20" barrel and the pic rail on top of the receiver cover, what makes this gun so ugly when compared to an S12?

I think most are giving this gun a hard time since it is a direct knock-off of the Saiga 12. Not to mention the goofy name. But if it functions good, and of quality construction, who gives a crap. Only time will tell if these guns can be restored to proper "russian" configuration and has parts similarities with the saiga. Im not particularly fond of the 20" barrel and the pic rail, but these can easily be eliminated. I just hope that when they bring these guns in, that they secure contracts for spare parts as well for the end user to purchase, not just for the company to keep for waranty work.

• Like 3